Code of Conduct

Default deciphering ingredient lists

I am trying to figure out what aromachemicals approximate what natural scents.

In particular, what chemicals, if any, besides civetone are used to create the impression of civet?

I have done a few searches but failed to turn up much; apologies if this has been covered already, and thanks in advance for any links or information.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Default Re: deciphering ingredient lists

I am trying to avoid as many aromachemicals as possible, but do like Zatarain's Crab Boil. You might as this question in the section with the DIY'ers.
    Last edited by beachroses; 12th December 2007 at 07:59 PM.

thanks beachroses! I will do that.

mod/admin, feel free to merge (or delete one of) the threads as you deem appropriate.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I love aroma chemicals...I don't avoid them at all!

Take a look through the Good Scents Company's website (I think they call them "raw materials". There will be descriptions of what chemical smells like what...but its a bit of a daunting list. Also try Perfumer's World's website.

Thanks sofresh; I can look up the ingredients on the Good Scents lists, and that will definitely help.