Code of Conduct

Default Roger&Gallet repackaged!

I went shopping today and these are now in cheap looking plastic bottles .
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Roger&Gallet repackaged!

That's awful. I really hope those were just special travel editions or something. Putting everything in plastic would be a major case of self-devaluation. Jean Marie Plastina - it's just not right!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

YSL Beaute strikes again.

First YSL L'Homme, now this. What next, discontinuing all the YSL classics except Opium, Paris, and Kouros? (And don't blame it on Chantal Roos... she retired a few months ago, and some former L'Oreal exec is now running the company.)
    Last edited by MFfan310; 13th December 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    That's awful. I really hope those were just special travel editions or something. Putting everything in plastic would be a major case of self-devaluation. Jean Marie Plastina - it's just not right!
    Nope these are the premium editions on the main Xmas display in the department store. Also the soaps were in cheap see through boxes with holes instead of those excellent hard shell ones. Absolutely grim.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Nope these are the premium editions on the main Xmas display in the department store. Also the soaps were in cheap see through boxes with holes instead of those excellent hard shell ones. Absolutely grim.
    I wonder what this means for the contents. If they're going do dumb down the whole R&G franchise they will certainly reformulate Farina.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I thought the R&G brand is huge in France as a "luxury everyday" type of thing.

Don't send me into another panic buying frenzy Tom

I think that the formula is very inexpensive anyway.

Am I clutching at straws?
    --------------------------------------
    Ok. I was wrong. But only a bit.

I was out again today and those bottles are glass, but I had to tap them and examine closely to tell. I kept picking it up and eventually decided it is glass. They are definitely cheaper and look like plastic. The R&G displays in all the oxford street depatment stores was very small (half the size of last year?? Or less??) The 150g soaps not available at all. There were no Extra Vieille soap coffrets, only single 100g ones in those cheap translucent plastic boxes. Other soaps were in boxes of three but I suspect they sell slower and this is old stock. Where has itvall gone?

Also the website was non existent for a while and is now being redesigned. This whole brand has clearly been "repositioned". I am distraught.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???????? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION???????? PLEASE???

I use those soaps every day. The Eau de Cologne Farina is divine.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 14th December 2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

reviews