Code of Conduct

Default Egoiste off the shelves?

I went to Hall's/Kansas City to purchase Egoiste but the Chanel SA told me that Egoiste is no longer being offered in retail stores other than Chanel boutiques. It still appears to be offered online, but even there it seems that availability is waning.
    Was the SA correct? Or is it simply unique to Kansas City?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Default Re: Egoiste off the shelves?

I have been told the same thing.

Egoiste is listed on chanel.com but not on saks.com

I bought mine online and am completely happy with it.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

i wonder why..Egoiste was at my macys store..

I have been reading this for awhile but Bloomingdale's in my area always gets stock of it. Problem is it sells fast and you have request a bottle to be held for you once it come into the store stock.

Egoiste is my next buy..

It seems that Egoiste is being elbowed out by Platinum Egoiste.

fishercb has it for sale in his thread:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=202892
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Every time I fly, I always find it at the Duty Free store. Kind of cursing myself for not buying it for $40.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    fishercb has it for sale in his thread:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=202892
    get it next pay check..already Pmed sumbody about the gucci envy..

This is nothing new. This is the way it has been with Egoiste for a number of years. Egoiste has never had a large number of distribution points, but I have noticed that it can always be found with just a little searching. I don't think there is any danger of Egoiste diappearing.

Egoiste is absolutely outstanding with one of the best drydowns I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Every time I wear Egoiste, I wait about an hour for the drydown to appear, and every time I am slightly surprised at how beautiful that rose, sandalwood, and vanilla drydown is.

Definitely check out the cologne concentree if you love the drydown Rockford - - though it isn't that easy to find/ isn't cheap when you do... it's got the drydown in spades!

I got rid of my Egoiste (CC) not long after acquiring it because the very END of the drydown, or maybe it appears a bit earlier... there's a note in there that I do not like at all, totally ruins it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Every time I fly, I always find it at the Duty Free store. Kind of cursing myself for not buying it for $40.
    im cursing you too...40 bucks?!!!!!

I just wore this to a dinner party tonight...i love this stuff. I love it from the first spray on to the very end...anyway, i was in Belk the other day and they had Allure, Allure Sport, Allure Sport Cologne, and Platinum Egoiste. I tried Sport cologne and it was very odd. I tried Platinum and was shocked at how dissimilar it was to its counterpart...its got a gruff, tuff old gentleman type opening and i didnt like it at all...about two hours later though i thought it smelled freakin awesome...but its still no match for regular egoiste...good luck to all who search for it...it is the greatest.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    Definitely check out the cologne concentree if you love the drydown Rockford - - though it isn't that easy to find/ isn't cheap when you do... it's got the drydown in spades!

I got rid of my Egoiste (CC) not long after acquiring it because the very END of the drydown, or maybe it appears a bit earlier... there's a note in there that I do not like at all, totally ruins it for me.
    do you know where i could track down the concentree?
    Last edited by jdnba; 13th December 2007 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I own two bottles that i bought at brick-and-mortar shops in my area, at reasonable prices. Both places were apparently down to their last one...lucky me.
    Last edited by knightowl; 13th December 2007 at 04:45 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I think there is ONE bottle being sold, the CC, in the marketplace.. it's a bit expensive, more even than I'd expect to pay, but it's rarity might make it worthwhile and it's a big/full botte. I don't see any on ebay though 50ML just ended at $77 + s/h.

thanks

In the USA chanel.com currently has free shipping with the code "FREESHIP1207" and Egoiste (and Antaeus!) look like they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    In the USA chanel.com currently has free shipping with the code "FREESHIP1207" and Egoiste (and Antaeus!) look like they are available.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I checked the site yesterday to see if they have the Egoiste Concentree that was referred to earlier. They don't.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Today, I finally stopped at the Perfumania store near Cleveland.

Among other rarely seen goodies, they had Egoiste in stock!

Snafoo-- If you haven't found it yet, you might call Dillard's at Ward Parkway. I vaguely recollect seeing it there a month or two ago.

Sur la Plage

Bloomingdales in Chicago has it as of this past week.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Surprisingly it's available in a discount and general chemists(pharmacists) called superdrug in my home town . At long last something worth buying in this perfume desert of a town ,saves me a trip down to Cardiff when mine runs out .

I don't know in US but in europe is widely available in almost every perfume shop that carries the Chanel line