Code of Conduct

Default L'Air du Temps, anything similar for men?

I love this classic it has that soft chypr, powdery, soapy, clean, musky innocent sensation ... it is my little secret, I own the pure perfume & wear it for myself pleasure after shower, before sleeping & whenever I am alone in my space.
    However I don't dare to wear it out in public due to it's obvious feminine charcater, I know it is ok these days but I am looking for somthing similar from the men shelves, any?
    Last edited by tariq; 2nd December 2009 at 04:33 PM.

Default Re: L'Air du Temps, anything similar for men?

Look for some Caron - they are flowery and good in musk sillage
    Bellodgia - soapy carnation could fit.
    I like to wear Parfum Sacre, Poivre and Coup de Fouet, even Montaigne by Caron
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Try Hermes Equipage. Both fragrances share a nice carnation note.

Blog Entries

Tariq,

As a perfumer, I love that you love and appreciate L'air du Temps. It's a beautifully constructed perfume and as such has truly withstood the test of time. Carnation is one of my own special fragrance notes.

A rhetorical question: What would you have to change about L'air du Temps to make it feel "safe" for you to wear in public? And would it still be exactly what you enjoy or would it be a compromise?

It's so fantastic to see of late that men no longer feel like they must smell like weeds or hay or tobacco to be men. You are at the vanguard. Take the risk to present yourself as yourself. Others are looking to you and are quickly following suit. I don't recognize your red flag symbol, but here in the United States young men are buying up Black Orchid faster than the women it was intended for. Life is way too short not to smell exactly the roses you want to.
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    Life is way too short not to smell exactly the roses you want to.
    Never a truer word was spoken. Amen, brother.

Tariq,

As a perfumer, I love that you love and appreciate L'air du Temps. It's a beautifully constructed perfume and as such has truly withstood the test of time. Carnation is one of my own special fragrance notes.

A rhetorical question: What would you have to change about L'air du Temps to make it feel "safe" for you to wear in public? And would it still be exactly what you enjoy or would it be a compromise?

It's so fantastic to see of late that men no longer feel like they must smell like weeds or hay or tobacco to be men. You are at the vanguard. Take the risk to present yourself as yourself. Others are looking to you and are quickly following suit. I don't recognize your red flag symbol, but here in the United States young men are buying up Black Orchid faster than the women it was intended for. Life is way too short not to smell exactly the roses you want to.
    Excellent.

thanks moon fish & mason..I'll try your list soon & let you know.

& thank you mastorer for your notes.. I am in affair with LÁir du Temps since i was 13 as far as i remember & now i am 31 so you are right about the test of time ..

there are alot of guys here using Black Orchide too even in the hottest working hours of the day !!!
    but BO is trendy so it might be accepted by buplic for this, but L'air du Temps might be considered by the others as an old lady smell .. so i think i'll wear L'air du Temps for my self in my internal universe.
    Last edited by tariq; 18th December 2007 at 03:48 PM.

I don't recognize your red flag symbol,...
    Hover your mouse pointer over the flag and you'll see the name of the country it represents as a tooltip.

I agree with moon_fish that Bellodgia offers many of the same characteristics. Furthermore, it's more wearable for a guy than is L'Air du Temps (that one, though lovely, screams femininity, IMHO). Jockey Club also has much of the same soapy, carnation-y character, although it is more "barbershop-y" by far.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    Hover your mouse pointer over the flag and you'll see the name of the country it represents as a tooltip.
    Ya beat me to it. Very cool feature of this board.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I have a feeling that the formula has changed lately, it's more synthetic smelling. Do others find that?