Code of Conduct

Thread: halston z-14

Default halston z-14

Many thanks to those of you that have posted replies to my question on the best lavender scent(lots to choose from you recommendations-thanks).I am also considering buying halston z-14-anybodys thoughts on this fragrance would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: halston z-14

i read good things, so i tried it...for some crazy reason, i think this one smells like body odor and maple syrup...like Paul Bunyan after one of those big pancake breakfasts...it is an odd duck to say the least. I wanted to like it because i like Jeff Gordon(the man is my hero...he drives a really fast car and has a gorgeous wife) and i read nice reviews, but it wasnt for me! test it first if you can

I will second that....test it first if you can.

Halston Z-14 smells a little amber and dry woodsy on me....I think it's very skin chemistry dependent.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

I recently tested this one and ended up buying a 1oz bottle. It seems to work very well with my skin chemistry.

I have an almost full bottle for sale or swap
    Wishlist on my wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    i think this one smells like body odor and maple syrup...like paul bunyan after one of those big pancake breakfasts...it is an odd duck to say the least.
    lol

A very stylish classic, smooth and spicy, a mature scent of timeless quality

Strapping stuff that is macho enough to jump out of the bottle and whip yer tail. I love it. They really don't make 'em like this anymore...
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

It's a dense, earthy, ambery, orangey, benzoin-rich leather that could also be considered a chypre (though the current formulation reflects this less than the olders). Must walk the fine line between balls and class to wear Z-14 convincingly. Absolutely worth a try, though.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

Oh! And it initially seems to give off fumes like gasoline, rather than just 'producing sillage.'
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

I bought a new bottle of Z-14 today from Marshalls - whoa! It smelled nothing like I remembered. I have a sample of Italian Cypress and it is exactly how I remember Z-14 smelling.

Did they change the formula of Z-14 that much? I need to find a bottle that smells like it did in the 80's!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I recently wore this one again after a long time... I had forgotten how much I like it, suave, deep, but not overwhelming; it speaks a kind of masculinity I can subscribe to. Very much a forgotten classic, IMO.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca