Code of Conduct

Default The Official CUSTOMS CHARGE gripe thread!

Ok as far as I am concerned this charge is disgraceful.

Can anyone give me a better understanding of this charge (especially to the UK). Is there not a way of bypassing it? Do you have to pay such fees for import from all countries (even within the EU?I).

I pay enough taxes and really begrudge paying this tax. So what I can get things cheaper elsewhere... lower the prices in this country.

Last edited by r2s; 14th December 2007 at 10:17 PM.
    "All deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea, while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore."

Default Re: The Official CUSTOMS CHARGE gripe thread!

There are no duties or tax payments within the EU - but Switzerland, e.g. is not EU, which is why customs was due for the Montale purchases from Geneva.

I do not know to what extent customs regulations have been entirely harmonized within the EU, but in Germany, for Non-EU imported perfumes, there is no customs duty, but you have to pay the German VAT of 19%, quite a whammy.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Disgusting IMHO.

So I guess L'air du désert marocain from Tauer would cost me a few £ seeing as though he is in Zurich?!
    "All deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea, while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore."

Quote Originally Posted by r2s View Post
    Disgusting IMHO.

So I guess L'air du désert marocain from Tauer would cost me a few £ seeing as though he is in Zurich?!
    You could try www.eie flud.co.uk they stock his fragrances but they have no l'air du desert marocain at the moment though i have bought it from them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by fenton_t_fox View Post
    You could try www.eie flud.co.uk they stock his fragrances but they have no l'air du desert marocain at the moment though i have bought it from them in the past.

Ahh I will, shame they do not have any stock now. I cant find an email address on their site either. Oh well I will check back.

I would actually like to order from source but these damn charges put me off.