Code of Conduct

Default one final fragrance to buy

I need to have one final fragrance added to my collection, and I was hoping some of you could recommend something for me. After testing far and wide, I've finally found the two fragrances that work best on my skin... Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy, and Nightflight by Joop.

They're both spicy and sweet on my skin, with immense depth and presence. Every time I wear either one of these fragrances, I'm told I smell unbelievable, even by customer's in my sales job. I've determined that I need one more, for a full rotation of three of my "top" scents. I bought Heritage, but that's a huge no-no for me. I'm only 18 years old, so wearing a fragrance like that is overkill. I can't live up to the image that is demanded of such a fine cologne, so I'm giving it to my dad.

So, dear basenoters, what is somewhat similar to Nightflight and Xeryus Rouge? I don't want something that will smell identical or similar; just something that will accentuate nicely on my skin. Nightflight is the really sweet and citrus-spicy scent, whereas XR is the drier, woodsier scent. They both smell extremely well and project very nicely, and I can't get over how much I (and people around me) like them, but I'd want one final addition... maybe something that is somewhat floral, if not, then something woodsy would do fine -- the cactus and kumquat come out prominently in XR, so it'd be safe to go with a truly woodsy/sweet fragrance. Any recommendations? I know I'm being very picky, but I also know that one of you has the perfect scent in mind, so post away! Thanks in advance.

Default Re: one final fragrance to buy

Gucci pour homme sprang to mind. May be worth a sniff. Don't buy it without smelling it first though.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I'd say Paco Rabanne XS would be a good frag for you to try.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

One final fragrance and that's it?! Well, that is something. It is not a statement I could make with any confidence.

L'Instant PH

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    One final fragrance and that's it?! Well, that is something. It is not a statement I could make with any confidence.
    Haha yeah, ONE final fragrance. My last one to buy.

If you could name one, just one, right off the top of your head, don't hesitate. I'd like to hear your suggestion too!

Prada Amber. From clean and a floral orange (a very soft neroli scent, perhaps?) drying down to a spicy sweet incense. You've got to be comfortable in your masculinity though with this one, because it's top notes might be considered somewhat feminine. I can't see this on an ultra-masculine alpha male type. All the same, women seem to love this, and so do I.

Body Kouros, sweet and sexy. Give it a try. Or, original Salvatore Ferragamo.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Haha yeah, ONE final fragrance. My last one to buy.

If you could name one, just one, right off the top of your head, don't hesitate. I'd like to hear your suggestion too!

Ok, I think I have a fairly extensive collection, and if I had to buy one more and that would be it..?....

For me probably Domenico Caraceni 1913 rose is the only element I really don't have to any significant degree, and I am thinking I want one. Going to test the DC 1913 shortly.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 15th December 2007 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Prada Amber. From clean and a floral orange (a very soft neroli scent, perhaps?) drying down to a spicy sweet incense. You've got to be comfortable in your masculinity though with this one, because it's top notes might be considered somewhat feminine. I can't see this on an ultra-masculine alpha male type. All the same, women seem to love this, and so do I.
    Baldessarini is very sweet but minty-piny fresh on my skin. It works very well, it's probably #3 on my list, except the top notes are lacking some dimension for me, and I can't stand the... blandness, I guess... But it's not "bland" in a bad way, it's just very straight forward, smooth, and clean. I'll give that a shot, though, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Body Kouros, sweet and sexy. Give it a try. Or, original Salvatore Ferragamo.
    I hated BK when I tried it.