Code of Conduct

Exclamation Rochas IS COMING BACK!!!!! :)

for those who like/d the fragrances of the Rochas house: it seems the fragrance range is coming back!
    (as it was known, procter and gamble brought the company and later announced they close the brand).

check their website! it hasn't been available for long time!!!

http://www.rochas.com/

Default Re: Rochas IS COMING BACK!!!!! :)

I hope that market their scents better, especially in the US. When's the last time you saw a Rochas scent in a department store? I would love to walk into Macy's and being able to buy Lui. And so should the average Joe.
    Last edited by manicboy; 13th December 2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: inspiration, dammit!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

This is really good news. I was already mourning the loss of a great house and a bunch of wonderful scents. So happy they won't be disappearing after all!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

As far as i know, the only branch that was closing was the fashion one and the pret-à-porter women's only.
    Rochas still sells budget to medium-end clothing on the pret-à-porter men's side in various countries and Procter never even mentioned the closing or the cease of production of the scents, in fact they mentioned they weren't going to stop producing them.
    They are still pretty much available in lots of countries -specially in Europe- as opposed to the US.

Good news if it's true. I mean, they certainly deserve more attention. Almost all their scents are so good.

I hope they bring Macassar back.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I hope they bring Macassar back.
    Double... no, triple ditto. I'm wearing it today and I need more! The stuff in the bottle is disappearing too fast!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    As far as i know, the only branch that was closing was the fashion one and the pret-ŕ-porter women's only.
    Rochas still sells budget to medium-end clothing on the pret-ŕ-porter men's side in various countries and Procter never even mentioned the closing or the cease of production of the scents, in fact they mentioned they weren't going to stop producing them.
    They are still pretty much available in lots of countries -specially in Europe- as opposed to the US.
    The point was that the Rochas' fragrance line fit into the P&G Prestige beauty strategy. Running a serious fashion house and engaging in fashion industry nonsense was not something P&G was interested in. It's an iffy business that requires constant capital investment vs a fragrances where you R&D the juice and then harvest a long tail of profits.

That's why there are so many fragrance launches each year, as well as so many flankers. Everyone is hoping for the next Acqua de Gio, if not that, then to get incremental sales out of a near zerocost basis.

Fragrance is the ultimate example of monopolistic competition, and thus you can earn serious money (economic profits) on it.

Good news indeed.