Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

For some reason i have never tried this scent & now the chance comes to buy a bottle at a reduced price.Please can you give me your views on this scent,what is the longevity like & also sillage.I hope this is not as fleeting as the original Pour Monsieur.All thoughts greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

Still my all time favourite scent - the only one where I have gone through a 100ml bottle and gone out and bought another.

The sillage and longevity are very good. It has great development and the cardamon-moss chord is pure class. You can wear it with a suit or for a night out. Can you tell how much I love it?
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I am curious if some one could comment on the similarity of this one to Tiffany for Men. I have recently discovered Tiffany and love it (wearing it today). Is Tiffany for Men more like PM Concentree than the original? Thanks in advance.

On me the concentree it starts out nice & lemony and then winds down with a nutmeg-root beer note (which I don't like). My wife loves it on me, I think it's just OK. I have some vintage Chanel Pour Monsieur and it has much better duration than more recent offerings (which were gone in 60 seconds, I can understand your reluctance). The civet is prominent in the vintage juice... it's probably closer to a more durable Monsieur de Givenchy.

No idea of what it's like cf. Tiffany for Men; I heard it was close from what I recall on the board.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

To answer JwS's question: Tiffany for Men IS very, very similar to Pour Monsieur. I'd say that Tiffany (also my SOTD!) is closer to Pour Monsieur Concentrée than to the original Pour Monsieur, but not by much more.

It (Tiffany for Men) has less spice than either of the Chanels, and (IMHO) more lavender.

Tiffany for Men is a fine frag by anyone's standards -- easily some of Polge's best work. Along with Bois de Portugal, Antaeus and New York, Tiffany is always one of my very favorite "dressy" frags.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 14th December 2007 at 01:44 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I rate it very highly. It starts off lemony but very quickly becomes creamy with a nice sweet spice note. Fantastic longevity and very good sillage. Nice semi-formal feel, it makes me think of an expensive white shirt.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

classy, sensual juice that has good sillage and longevity. If you're getting a good price on this or any other Chanel, run, don't walk and go get it.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    classy, sensual juice that has good sillage and longevity. If you're getting a good price on this or any other Chanel, run, don't walk and go get it.

HTH
    I agree with all the good mention about PMC and I say get it quick, especially at a good price.
    If you like PMC and/or Tiffany FM, check out Ungaro II. Created by the same nose and equally as good if not better.

I was in Sephora yesterday and I tried CPMC and found it to be surprisingly good. In the late 70's, when I was a teen, I had Chanel for Men, it was a gift from my older sister, and I loved it's lemony, mossy smell. I don't remember it having any vanilla in it, but I was 16 at the time. Anyway, I think the re-tooling of it by Polge is even better than the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    If you like PMC and/or Tiffany FM, check out Ungaro II. Created by the same nose and equally as good if not better.
    I agree that Chanel PM / Tiffany FM / Ungaro II...all of them go in the same direction....

Good call

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

Tifany for Men is similar to Pour Monsieur Concentree. Both were created by
    Jacques Polge.

PM Concentree is longer lasting than the original PM. It is a different fragrance,
    not simply a stronger version of PM. I think both PM and PM Concentree are
    first class in every way, and I don't wish to be without either. Concentree is
    less lemon-limey. It has a prominent nutmeg accord.

The erudite Scentemental holds Tiffany for Men in very high regard. Search for his
    posts on this scent as compared with PM Concentree. He delivers many insights on
    the two. For my nose (though I've only smelled from what appreas to be a rather old bottle),
    Tiffany for Men is close enough to PM Concentree that I don't feel the need to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is very classy stuff. Very refined, elegant, and sophisticated. The beaty in it comes in the dry down. It starts fresh and citrusy, but soon dry down to a sweet, spicy, delicious oriental fragrance. I like this one much better than the original version. It`s my second favourite CHANEL fragrance after Egoiste. Sillage and longevity are excellent! This is a perfect fragrance for confident, stylish gentlemen with fastidious taste! -If only CHANEL could have something like this in theyr mind when creating the new "fiasko" scent Bleu de Chanel...

Post Thanks / Like

I love CPMC! As others have mentioned; classy and sensual. I enjoy this oriental in colder times of the year! Again a great scent for a night out or for formal or business affairs! I've even worn it at few casual situations! Recommend!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Definitely agree.