Code of Conduct

Default Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue

I just bought a bottle of Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue last night. This stuff is wonderful, a herbal cologne the way it should be. What hits me is the blending of the fragrance. It starts out with a citrus lemon bang and then dries down onto a subtle, but assertive scent. Thyme, Vetiver, Sage, bergamot Orange are all the main notes. I detect a tiny touch of vanilla and cinnamon, but it is barely noticable.

This is not a 'fresh' scent, the herbals come through in a near perfect blend.

Post Re: Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    I just bought a bottle of Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue last night. This stuff is wonderful, a herbal cologne the way it should be. What hits me is the blending of the fragrance. It starts out with a citrus lemon bang and then dries down onto a subtle, but assertive scent. Thyme, Vetiver, Sage, bergamot Orange are all the main notes. I detect a tiny touch of vanilla and cinnamon, but it is barely noticable.

This is not a 'fresh' scent, the herbals come through in a near perfect blend.
    Doesn´t it remember you GREEN IRISH TWEED ???

Default Re: Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue

I really like this one as well. To me, it is more of a summer scent. MPG is a niche house with some excellent AND challenging scents. I am a big fan of them. My SOTD is Santal Noble.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 14th December 2007 at 05:08 PM.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Only in its top notes, and in that it might fill the same place in a fragrance wardrobe. It's an outstanding and very underrated fougere scent, considerably drier, edgier, and more herbal than Green Irish Tweed. See my review and pluran's here.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 14th December 2007 at 06:27 PM.

I haven't tried it, but it sounds much closer to Gigli's Sud-Est than to GIT.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

There are no violet leaves in this and I dont get the GIT comparison. This is soapy with a bit of herbal thing going on. Its also a bit blander than the grassy smooth violet leaves-sandalwood-ambergris blend of GIT. Also, if applied heavily, the bitter herbal aspect of Garrigue comes out more (is it the thyme??). I dont recall Sud-Est right now but the_good_life might be spot on with his suggested alternative.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    a little.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Also, if applied heavily, the bitter herbal aspect of Garrigue comes out more (is it the thyme??).
    Hmm, I belive it is the Thyme. For me a couple sprays is all that is needed.
    Last edited by greendragon; 15th December 2007 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I actually find Garrigue to be a less synthetic ringer for Joop's Nightflight.. with far less sillage...

a.