Code of Conduct

Default Free Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Will send the winner a free bottle of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Eau des Arts (discontinued, hard-to-find and downright fascinating women's frag -- bottle is the large 5.3 oz. size and well over half-full).

"What constitutes a winner?" you ask? Simply put, he or she who puts forth the best argument for my sending him/her the bottle.

Will announce the winner Saturday evening.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Free Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I think you should send it to me because:

1. I have never sniffed any Comptoir Sud Pacifique
    2. it is about Art - and I'm an artist
    3. I answered first :toppie:
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Well, I doubt I'll be the winner, because I'm so new here and all, but I thought I'd try. After researching this scent, I'd really love to try it. It has two of my favorite notes, jasmine and heliotrope - two essential oils that were some of the first in my collection of failed attempts to make my own perfumes (in my teens).

I just got back into perfumes and scents after a hiatus caused by asthma, allergies and pregnancy - this spanned several years. I now want to collect some better fragrances and really learn the notes and differences between the types of fragrances and styles. I've started sampling Chanels and Guerlains, and some Frederic Malles.

So, that's my tale. I'm new to Basenotes, and semi-new to perfumery. I'm not new to all scents - I have studied aromatherapy for 10 years.

Thanks for considering me!
    Last edited by smellymonkey; 15th December 2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: unknowingness and replacement.

My opinion is that the person who really really deserves it is Tinker424 -- a perfume enthusiast who is generous beyond measure, sweet and thoughtful. The one who made us all familiar with so many fragrant beauties, the one who paid every step of her way to be able to do so, the one who does not have a luxury of mail delivery and has to go to the PO dragging her little daughter whatever the weather. Have you ever had a pleasure of trading with her yet? No? Your loss! (If you did, you have probably noticed Gustav Klimt she writes her "Here you go!" on, so who do you think appreciates Arts?)

Generally, she does not care much about CSP fragrances, so I hope this one will make her stop in her tracks craving for more and more. Does it produce any noticeable sillage? Is it sweet and interesting? Will she like it for more than s week? a month? a year? Does it have any "swappable" value? If you have answered "Yes" to two or more of these questions, please consider Tinker424 as a very deserving candidate.

I hope I am not the only one thinking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    My opinion is that the person who really really deserves it is Tinker424 -- I hope I am not the only one thinking that way.

Make that TWO!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

And Tink is such a sweetie, she'll probably send samples to Dee Olive and Smellymonkey too.

And you're a sweetie for offering it.
    Isn't Christmas nice?
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 15th December 2007 at 02:55 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

In addition, she has been with Basenotes for long time, she has NEVER ever asked anybody for anything except for the Chanel cap she is in desperate need of now (to the best of my knowledge!) and has NEVER won anything in contests or give aways. Matter of fact, she will probably kill me when she sees this thread! (well, and the other two ladies will have to go with me, I guess)

Here is another vote for tinker424!!!

She is so unselfish, witty, generous and.....she could probably NEVER have too many bottles, there' s always room for one more!
    She loves her fumes, and I can assure you she will give it a good home, full of love and proper care.
    Last edited by musse; 15th December 2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Another vote for Tink! Hardly a day goes by that someone does not thank her for a generous sample or two or three.

I have to agree Tinker is most deserving. She is generous to a fault.

Default And The Winner Is . . .

Tinker424 . . .

How could I ignore such heartfelt kudos for a Basenotes favorite? And how, too, could I ignore the chance to prove the worthiness of this CSP or that to a woman who has hitherto been less than a fan of CSP frags?

Will PM the winner right away to get her address. Thanks to all for the wonderful participation.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Yay! Many congrats to dear tinks!

- and thanks a lot tvlampboy, for listening to us tinker-fans!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Thank you so much to all who nominated me & of course to the generous Tvlampboy
    How very exciting!
    Naturally all who posted on this thread is more than welcome to PM me with their addy & I'll send out samples

Thank you tvlampboy for listening to us. Yoo-hoo for Tinker! :bounce:

I'm glad to see a deserving person get the smellies.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Thank you so much ....Naturally all who posted on this thread is more than welcome to PM me with their addy & I'll send out samples
    ....this is how and why she got the nod!!! Same goes for the nominator....both among the most generous on the boards.

(And a BIG for TVLampBoy while we're about it.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Congratulations to Tink! Will be looking forward to your impressions on this one.

Yay! Congrats Tink

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Perfect story. I'd call this: Karma Sud Pacifique