Code of Conduct

Default B*men...new appreciation

After being a fan of A*men for many years, I've kind of written this one off as the most boring scent in my wardrobe. Today my original fascination with it has been restored! Put it on around 7h30 am and it was still going strong late night. It was quite windy and chilly tonight, but while sitting in a pub I got an occasional whiff of something beautiful...and it was B*men. I'm hooked once again

(Dimitri this reminds me of your Fleur du Male thread...a fragrance I love regardless of all the comments )

Default Re: B*men...new appreciation

I've never thought this scent boring. I always compare scents mentally, and I can't think of any scent that smells like B*men. The only thing that comes close to it is A*men, because they have some common notes that are unique to both of them.Otherwise, they're very different.

I recollect that this scent was a lot more appreciated around here when it first came out, as many of us were busily trying to understand and clsssify it.
    Renato

Smile Re: B*men...new appreciation

I just ordered a duo-mini tester package, and I have to say I really like A*Men much more than B*Men.

Yes, with A*Men it smells like you took a caramel bath and have cotton candy in your pockets initially, but it dries down to a very sweet, warm, fuzzy aura around you. Not sure if it's 'sexy' towards the other sex, but for sure it makes you cozy.

B*Men however, is very spicy. Edible spices. I'm wearing it now, and I have to take a sniff every 2 minutes, because I am sure I have eaten a dish or desert that smelled exactly like this before, but I don't remember what it was. I smell some coconut, pepper and some sweet stuff that was taken from A*Men.

I have to try it out a couple of more evenings, but so far I can see why people hate/love A*Men so much, but for B*Men I still don't have a clue.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 15th December 2007 at 01:21 AM.

I love the dry down of B*men....both the longevity and sillage are incredible...
    I remember i had first bought a spray sample of B*men and i put it on before i was going to bed....i was disgusted with the top notes and cursed myself for test spraying it when in bed....but a few moments later i could smell this most beautiful fragrance and i wondered what was it....hard to believe it was but yeah it was B*men's basenotes....

However i really don't get a lot of occassions to wear B*men coz when it gets cold i ALWAYS pick up A*men which i absolutely adore...A*men is one scent that i crave for the most....i just have to keep sniffing it every few days...today it just rained and i won't say its cold or anything but its cool and i didnt miss this oppurtunity to put some A*men on the back of my palm and get captivated by its beauty...

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I love the dry down of B*men....both the longevity and sillage are incredible...
    I remember i had first bought a spray sample of B*men and i put it on before i was going to bed....i was disgusted with the top notes and cursed myself for test spraying it when in bed....but a few moments later i could smell this most beautiful fragrance and i wondered what was it....hard to believe it was but yeah it was B*men's basenotes....

However i really don't get a lot of occassions to wear B*men coz when it gets cold i ALWAYS pick up A*men which i absolutely adore...A*men is one scent that i crave for the most....i just have to keep sniffing it every few days...today it just rained and i won't say its cold or anything but its cool and i didnt miss this oppurtunity to put some A*men on the back of my palm and get captivated by its beauty...

gupts
    Yes, today is a bit of a change from yesterday's heat all right.
    But would you have worn A*men yesterday?
    To me it would have been gag material - I know because I was walking behind a woman wearing a chocolatey scent and I nearly gagged.

For me, B*men works much better in the warmer weather, where as I don't like A*men much in that type of weather. It's also more appropriate for office wear, in contrast to A*men which is more a going out clubbing sort of scent.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th December 2007 at 02:13 AM.

I find new Armani Attitude a weaker copy of B*Men. I prefer B*Men while it is possible to find. I hope they will bring it back I think it's great, unique and comfortable frag.