Code of Conduct

Default What's the truth about testers?

Is the 'tester' fragrance more concentrated, or is it simply the standard stuff with a 'tester' label?

Default Re: What's the truth about testers?

Many discussions on this topic in the forums. Juice is the same; only the packaging is different.

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    Is the 'tester' fragrance more concentrated, or is it simply the standard stuff with a 'tester' label?
    Have you seen the ads for "Tom Ford for Men" ? That is were testers come from and it is the reason why many people won't buy them.
    Last edited by Nitromusk; 15th December 2007 at 05:12 AM.

If the testers were indeed stronger than normal strength, I can assure you that just about every one of the expert and discerning folk here, would be buying nothing but testers (except for the discerning packaging and bottle collectors).

But they don't.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromusk View Post
    Have you seen the ads for "Tom Ford for Men" ? That is were testers come from and it is the reason why many people won't buy them.
    Huh? What was it?

???
    Last edited by knightowl; 15th December 2007 at 08:39 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It took me awhile to get it too. I think he was joking about the risque Tom Ford ads where the models seductively hold the perfume bottle over their privates. I think Nitromusk was alluding to the tester bottles being the bottles the models were using in the ads.

It's not as funny when it has to be explained, haha . (If it in fact was a joke, if it wasn't then I misinterpreted my reinterpretation!)

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    If the former were true it would constitute fraud (since a tester is supposed to enable you to test the packaged product and must therefore be identical) and companies would be making themselves liable to huge lawsuits.
    --------------------------------------
    Are you kidding? Do you know what some people are willing to pay for worn underwear? These "testers" would sell like hotcakes, especially among people who only use perfume "to get laid"
    Last edited by the_good_life; 15th December 2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Testers are a more economical method of obtaining the fragrance.

It always brings a smile to my face to read on the containers :Not For Sale"--what a joke! I suspect that the manufacturers/distrubitors are the suppliers or most testers offered for sale.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Can you really buy the testers? I was under the assumption that stores won't sell them. It would be great to buy the testers.

sOondae, yOu hAve tO bUy tHem fRom aLternate sOurces. lIke eBay oR fRagrancenet.

Also, it would be costly to produce small amount of bottles with alternative juice and distribute them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ondae View Post
    Can you really buy the testers? I was under the assumption that stores won't sell them. It would be great to buy the testers.
    The stores won't sell them (unless you have an inside connection). There are numerous testers avaiable on the net from some reputable web stores.

Wink Re: What's the truth about testers?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    It took me awhile to get it too. I think he was joking about the risque Tom Ford ads where the models seductively hold the perfume bottle over their privates. I think Nitromusk was alluding to the tester bottles being the bottles the models were using in the ads.

It's not as funny when it has to be explained, haha . (If it in fact was a joke, if it wasn't then I misinterpreted my reinterpretation!)
    Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner!

As your reward, you win a tester of Kouros. ;-)