Code of Conduct

Default Ambre Fettiche ,Myrrhe Ardente (AG) , short review

I have only worn this from this afternoon, but I will try to give a quick impression.

First of, all of the three fragrances are build around the same notes, so they are extremely suited to be mixed and complemented with one , or two of the other fragrances.

The Ambre Fettiche (Amber), is just what the description on the website/card says:

A voluptuous and opulent scent. A sweet and sensual interpretation of amber, brought together with a subtle mix of francinsense, labdanum and styrax.

The ambiance evoked is fresh yet sweet and sensual like warm skin. This gives way to the warm and sweet fragrance of benzoin, and then the delicately powdered pure Iris extract, elegant and distinguished.

My impression: First of all , you have to like oriental amber scents and you also have to like incense scents. It's imediately obvious at first spray ( be cautious with the trigger, not for the faint at heart) that indeed it's a very warm and sweet amber scent. The sweet and spice notes of the styrax and the labdanum set in fast and are mixed very smooth with the incense. It sounds like a heavy fragrance and it seems so at first impression, but don't be afraid. It soon calms down to a wonderfull (to me anyway), smooth, warm mix of amber and incense.

To visualise it a bit, or to warn some: you have to like opulent, sweet amber fragrances. Think MPG's Ambre Precieux, combined with incense.

I'm impressed. I also have samples of the Myrrhe Ardente and the Encens Flamboyant.
    Can't wait to try them.
    Last edited by eric; 16th December 2007 at 04:59 PM.

Default Re: Ambre Fettiche, Annick Goutal , short review

Sounds breathtaking, Eric! Just what we need in this cold Dutch season, no? Thanks for your review, will try to sample these as soon as I can.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Sounds breathtaking, Eric! Just what we need in this cold Dutch season, no? Thanks for your review, will try to sample these as soon as I can.
    It is!
    This and Guerlains SdVanille are my winter favorites already, at the end of this year.

I sampled this today at the AG shop , but I thought it was a strange scent at first.

I walked out the store to do some x-mass shopping with my wife. After an hour or so, I started to get whiffs of the scent and I really liked it now it had settled on my skin.
    I went back to the store imediately, and I'm glad I did!

By the way, this is the heaviest scent of the three. My wife liked the Encens Flamboyant better. (the incense).
    Last edited by eric; 15th December 2007 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Think MPG's Ambre Precieux, combined with incense.
    Sounds like a winner. Perhaps this is what Bond no. 9 Silver Factory should have been?
    -

Default Re: Ambre Fettiche ,Myrrhe Ardente (AG) , short review

The Myrrhe Ardente quitte the opposite of the Ambre Fettiche I wore (and bought) yesterday.
    While the Amber one is opulent,sweet and warm, the Mirre is almost meditative and clear.
    It's a clear mirre note, a bit spicey and a liiiiiiiitle bit of vanilla in the backround, but almost undetectable. Also I detect a little bit of Eau du Fiers smokeyness in the background, but I could be wrong, maybe it's just the mirre. It's very easy to wear and almost light. I guess they did this on purpose cause the 3 scents are also suitable to mix with eachother.The lasting power is ok cause they are eau de parfums.This one is close to the skin though.
    In short, the Myrrhe Ardente seems to be the lightest. The Ambre the fullest and the Incense somewhere in between, but astonishing too.

In short, all three very differend and I suspect that a lot of people will either love, or hate these fragrances for just that quality. I like all three of them.
    Last edited by eric; 16th December 2007 at 05:10 PM.