Code of Conduct

Default Something Special for my Girlfriend:Need some good choices please

She likes Pink by Victoria Secret....i want to change it up a bit.
    Last edited by jdnba; 16th December 2007 at 02:51 AM.

Default Re: best victoria secret scent?

None. I was just in there buying a gift and I think I can say I honestly dislike them all. They are not inexpensive either.

Default Re: best victoria secret scent?

i want to buy my girlfriend a nice scent for Christmas, nothing wacky but something different than anyone else around here(in mandeville....30 miles north of New Orleans)...i only thought of Vic Sec because she likes pink...any chanel or others that would make her swoon if given for a gift...i need something kinda nice...im in the process of sweeping her of her feet.. :-) unfortunately i am no authority on womens frags!

Default Re: Something Special for my Girlfriend:Need some good choices please

It's really nice of you to want to
    make her feel specal and that you're
    seeking advise here, thughtful .
    I'm thinking that since she enjoys
    VS Pink she would probably like
    Pink Jasmine by Fresh. You can find it
    at your local Sephora with matching body
    products.

I would also add
    Lancome's Miracle and Miracle So Magic
    if you cannot find a Sephora or Pink Jasmine.
    And if you're looking for a Chanel - I would
    suggest Chance or the new Chance Eau Fraiche

Best of luck .
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 16th December 2007 at 03:22 AM. Reason: added a few more suggestions ;)
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

thank you those are some great suggestions!

I agree with the suggestion of Chanel Chance - if she likes Pink it would suit her well I think. Many of the other VS fragrances smell so similar, so I'd say skip them. You could try Coco Mademoiselle for a change of pace - it's a little different from the fruity floral of Pink but still young.

You could also try a fragrance like Juicy Couture - it has the same feel to me as Pink.

coco m and juicy coture are both great smelling frags, but my mom wears coco m and that only reminds me of her and juicy was a big fave of my ex-girlfriend, so.....ha ha....but they are very nice indeed...i think i am going to go and smell chance tomorrow and see what it is all about!

jdnba I only really liked one VS frag. I'm not a big fan of them either. I'm with smellymonkey in that they all smell similar to me. I was so surprised when I smelled So I Love cause it didn't smell like anything else there. Most of their frags smell like a perfumed fart to me.

Anyway, please try

Lolita Lempicka

Princess...Vera Wang

Lamb...Gwen Stefani

Elixir des Merveilles...Hermes

Alien...Theirry Mugler

DKNY Delicious Night

Delices....Cartier

Flowerbomb....Victor & Rolf

Light Blue....D&G
    Last edited by Divatologist; 16th December 2007 at 06:26 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    jdnba I only really liked one VS frag. I'm not a big fan of them either. I'm with smellymonkey in that they all smell similar to me. I was so surprised when I smelled So I Love cause it didn't smell like anything else there. Most of their frags smell like a perfumed fart to me.

Anyway, please try

Lolita Lempicka

Princess...Vera Wang

Lamb...Gwen Stefani

Elixir des Merveilles...Hermes

Alien...Theirry Mugler

DKNY Delicious Night

Delices....Cartier

Flowerbomb....Victor & Rolf

Light Blue....D&G
    ha ha a perfumed fart, thats great! I love light blue on women...good suggestion...i have not tried any of the other ones but when i go out today i will seek them out for tests! I will keep you ladies updated on what i end up buying.

I am not familiar with any of these, but, for someone who likes Pink by Victoria's Secret, Michael Edwards' fragrance system recommends these three:

AMARIGE D'AMOUR by Givenchy
    CHRIS 1947 by Christian Dior
    EAU DE CAMILLE by Annick Goutal
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Fifi Chachnil (the bottle is quite over the top girly and so is the scent)
    Nanadebary Pink (may be hard to find at the moment)
    I second, or rather, third, Chanel Chance
    D&G Light Blue is pretty, too!
    How about Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

let 's face it she likes sexy pretty scents!

in the same category but classier:

Kelly Caleche by Hermes

Fleurs d 'Oranger by Serge Lutens

Louve by Serge Lutens

thank you for all of your thoughtful suggestions! I wanted to let you ladies know that i sampled like 12 different perfumes today(with coffee beans in the middle of each) and i did end up going with Chanel Chance...I will keep the rest of your suggestions for a later special occassion, if she decides to keep me around...ha ha! Thanks.

D&G Light Blue (for day time)
    Coco M (for evening)
    Bvlgari Rose Essentialle (for romantic situations)
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Since she likes all things pink, then I am sure she will love Vera Wang's Truly Pink.
    My sister wears this frequently and it smells lovely on her.

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    thank you for all of your thoughtful suggestions! I wanted to let you ladies know that i sampled like 12 different perfumes today(with coffee beans in the middle of each) and i did end up going with Chanel Chance...I will keep the rest of your suggestions for a later special occassion, if she decides to keep me around...ha ha! Thanks.
    That's a beautiful gift, I'm sure she'll love it!