Code of Conduct

Default biehl parfumkunstwerke

Has anyone investigated this house? There seems to be conceptual parallels between this house and Frederick Malle's Editions de Parfums. I only stumbled upon this house a couple of hours ago but the fragrances sound very promising. They don't seem to come in 50ml bottles, though.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index....f9cbcfc3f6f298
    Last edited by Trebor; 17th December 2007 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: biehl parfumkunstwerke

I have been eyeing this lineup for some time now but haven't ordered samples yet, so I join trebor's question, if he doesn't mind!
    Arturetto Landi al02 intrigues me...feline grandezza, sounds good...
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 17th December 2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I smelled them at the ScentBar event this Saturday. They were pleasant, but not making me purchase. mb03 was the best of them for me, it had some nice piquant pepperiness to it. The rest seemed pretty half-hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    I smelled them at the ScentBar event this Saturday. They were pleasant, but not making me purchase. mb03 was the best of them for me, it had some nice piquant pepperiness to it. The rest seemed pretty half-hearted.
    Thanks for the input! If that's the case then I'll be saving a lot of money! I've just requested samples of all of them and will be posting my initial impressions as soon as I can.

I sampled two Marc Buxton fragrances for bp and found them to be as good as any fragrance of their type I have tried lately. One was a very delicate and woody iris fragrance - sublime! while the other was a spice/woods/vetiver scent that was similar to and as good as his CdG 2Man and Vetiver 24 formulas. I wish they were available domestically. The entire line looks worthy of investigation. I am a little disturbed by the naming of the fragrances by designer name + number - I find these names very difficult to remember what is what - its not descriptive enough for my memory to grab onto.

I've sampled several. The scents were average, and the longevity short. I'll keep searching.

I've tried several (but not all) of this line and my favourite was MB03 which some people have compared to CdG Avignon. I prefer it to Avignon myself and I bought a bottle - I feel it's a lighter on the incense and as tmp00 said there is some pepperiness to it. MB02 I also liked but it's completely different to MB03 and its more along the lines of Anvers 2 without the rhubarb. AL02 also stood out to me but I prefer those other two over it. Longetivity seems average I would say. They're much cheaper at Luckscent too and yes unfortunately only available in 100ml bottles.
    Last edited by Healer; 17th December 2007 at 11:07 PM.

The shape of the bottles are very similar to Sisley's Eau du Soir, wouldn't you say?

Just wanted to note, that the line is also avalible at the Perfumeshoppe in Vancouver, Canada.

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/scri...?idCategory=64

They have a really good sample program, if any canadians were interested in testing out the line...also if you end up buying anything off the sample program, you get a discount on your bottle order....

I plan on testing the out the line sometime in the new year when I get the time...Cheers!