Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure Homme Sport Alternative

Hi guys.

I really like this smell, but there is a note or notes in Chanel AHS (the metallic bottle) that sticks in the back of my throat and is really quite annoying, thus cancelling this one from my list. Although I don't know for sure, I'm inclined to think it is a synthetic note.

Can you wise folk give me any suggestions as to some alternatives to this one? Something that has some or all of these characteristics: vibrant, fresh, light, cool, wearable as an all-round type of scent but particularly inoffensive in summer and/or the office, and perhaps something that has less of a synthetic feel?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    QE

Thrax

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Alternative

Get the regular unleaded Allure and then get some Acqua di Gio. Spray both on and there ya go! Should smell almost identical.

I bought a bottle of Allure Homme Sport yesterday. It filled a sport void in my drobe. Chanel feel for sure and I love orange/pepper/cedar.

Geir has a similarity to this one IMO.

If you want sweet orange, give a stab at Les Nuits d'Hadrien, I find it has alot of similarities with Allue Homme Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post

Geir has a similarity to this one IMO.
    yes i agree on Geir...which i think is very similar to Allure homme sport

gupts

I have Allure - it also has that same synthetic smell as Allure Sport. Like Thrax said above, I think layering with Aqua (something or another! :-) ) will produce something similar as Allure Sport, but you would still have that synthetic note you don't like.
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Post Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Alternative

I really don't like Chanel Allure Sport, but adore the Cologne version of it. It is somewhat similar to Mugler Cologne, without the sour note that MC seems to have sometimes.

Well, try the new flanker of Allure pour homme - it will be launched soon!
    It`s name will be Allure Blanche Extreme pour homme
    purified and refreshed version
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Well, try the new flanker of Allure pour homme - it will be launched soon!
    It`s name will be Allure Blanche Extreme pour homme
    purified and refreshed version
    Hmmm... now this sounds interesting! Wonder why the white (blanche)? And what will make it extreme? The scent (at least the standard Allure smell) is already a bit extreme in my nose. I can only spray Allure very lightly, or it overwhelms me.

I need to get a sample of Geir... I have heard many good things about it too. I'm always in search of a good work cologne since I can't wear strong scents at work very often.
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I find a similiatity to Tonino Lamborghini Chrono.

Basenotes Institution

Most Chanel scents I don't like - I can relate to the 'sticking in the back of my throat' feeling you've described.

Please try Terre de Hermes.

My alternative is Caswell Massey Newport, although I quite like Chanel Allure Homme Sport, and think it is marginally better. Newport comes across more natural, but it has more vanilla.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Schachman View Post
    Hmmm... now this sounds interesting! Wonder why the white (blanche)? And what will make it extreme? The scent (at least the standard Allure smell) is already a bit extreme in my nose. I can only spray Allure very lightly, or it overwhelms me.

I need to get a sample of Geir... I have heard many good things about it too. I'm always in search of a good work cologne since I can't wear strong scents at work very often.
    I`m sorry for being wrong with the name.
    It`s name is ALLURE HOMME EDITION BLANCHE and it`s Eau de Toilette Concentrée.
    White is about the bottle and purification of ingredients (like Polge used vetiver oil that has no smoky and earthy tones by purification), and also is the part of Chanel history. Mlle Chanel did like black-n-white contrast, and simplicity that is equal to infinity and purity. Like carte blanche, maybe, like tabula rasa...

Chanel Eau de Cologne is good alternative for office wearing
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Versace Pour Homme smells almost the same. It's less sweet than allure homme sport.
    I like the chanel more

Thread's a couple years old.

There sure is a lot of buzz over AHS lately. Not that it's unwarranted. I just think it's an odd season for its hype.

My vote would go towards Allure Homme Edition Blanche or if you like Allure Homme Sport, try the Cologne variation
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Versace PH is almost a copy of AHS, a tad bit different drydown, it has a better longevity and sillage...

Why do threads that are 2+ years old get kicked so much lately?
    Versace Pour Homme is most similar to Allure Homme Sport.
    Other than that, Allure Homme.

I could suggest Terre'd Hermes, not a sweet,cloying bergamot scent though it is smarmy, suave and opulent with it's additive of lavender! Do try!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket