Code of Conduct

Smile Bulgari Black increasingly rare: discontinued?

I like Bulgari Black and the hockey puck bottle is fun. However, I notice that less and less stores have Bulgari Black available, and also on eBay there are not many people selling this scent. I was wondering if Bulgari Black had been discontinued or that it will be soon.

Default Re: Bulgari Black increasingly rare: discontinued?

I feel that too, it's not present on the Bvlgari counter here, but it was at least 6 months ago.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Blog Entries

You guys are scaring me...
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Re: Bulgari Black increasingly rare: discontinued?

Not at all discontinued! It just keep's getting pushed to the back of the shelf,by newer designer frags, that are hyped in the market, as the greatest thing since sliced bread! Eventually they fall completely off the shelf, and the search is on.The frag's that replace them have more monetary value,because of all the hype.. The reality of it is that the majority of them are worthless garbadge,that I wouldn't spray on my ass! Let alone actually wear out side my house!

I hope this is not true, I mean it's not discontinued.

The last time I was at Sephora, they still had it... All the online stores I checked seem to have it as well...

I, too, enjoy this one. It's my SOTD, in fact. I'm not worried, though. Like KMF said I've seen it widely online.

All I can say is that the 75ml tester bottle I bought some days ago had only a normal spray mechanism which got me thinking why? The original big turnable on/ off sprayer could be found on every bottle, even on tester bottles.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Can't speak of worldwide presence of course, but here in Belgium/Holland, Bulgari men's fragrances are really increasingly rare in the mainstream retail stores (fellow Belgium and Dutch people will know I'm talking about Ici Paris XL, Douglas, etc. the big fragrance stores). I usually only see Bulgari PH, Aqua and maybe a bottle of Blu, but the Black is nowhere to be seen.

Same with eBay: usually of every scent, there are private sellers selling new or half-used bottles, but on Bulgari Black I've noticed in the last months that less and less trading is happening.

I hope it's just a European thing or that it's just me. I like Bulgari Black and would hate to see it go. Having said that, can't wait for Bulgari to come with some new stuff for men, the past couple of years nothing worthwhile has been released.

I saw it at Nieman the other day. And I don't think they would be seen stocking a discontinued frag.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Here's a pic of my new bottle:

dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Blog Entries

The one I tested at Sephora had a nozzle that's a big gigantic button spray nozzle (which is hard to press if you depress at the wrong spot and jam it) instead the nozzle in the photo. Is that weird?

Mine (40ml) as well. I think the 75ml big one also has a big spray nozzle with the trademark round 'Bvlgari' written around it and 'black' int eh middle.

Dr. Creed, is yours a tester? Maybe not a bad thing, as Rawk says: your atomizer looks a lot more sturdy than mine, with the on/off twist mechanism.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post

wow, that's really weird. lol is it real?

Should have been this:

And for not jamming the nozzle it's always a good idea to use two fingers (index and middle finger) when spraying to distribute the force.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 28th January 2008 at 09:26 AM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Wow! After thousands of returned bottles you mean Bulgari finally took the hint and ditched their godawful form-over-function spray nozzle? Incredible. I returned two of their non working bottles myself and I know others out here have gone through the same hassle. Nope, no fake, looks like progress to me, let's just hope they left the juice 'unimproved'.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post

That does look weird...

I guess if they went through the trouble of redoing the spray mechanism, I think it's safe to say that the scent will be around for a little while longer...

Sephora still has it.

Teddius

Kohl's still has it in stock
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

I just bought this 2 weeks ago at Perfumania and Sephora had it on thier shelves as well. I really like this stuff. I have the lock-top bottle. I hope it doesn't break.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 15th February 2008 at 04:59 AM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Now that you mention it, I've also noticed it's increasingly harder to find here in Spain
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

This is such a unique fragrance and it would be sad to lose it. Hope they don't discontinue it.

Gosh, they never seem to discontinue Lacoste or Hugo Boss or the likes.