Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 19 December

Very early goodmorning

Since yesterday I am testing Annick Goutal's:

Ambre Fetiche (against Ambre Sultan)
    Myrhhe Ardente (against Lutens' La Myrrhe)
    Encens Flamboyant (against Passage d'Enfer)

I think that Encens Flamboyant could be the winner. A bit softer, sweeter and warmer than Passage d'Enfer. A beautifully decorated church at Christmas.

Wishes for a speedy recovery to all sufferering from colds and flu (ah, you poor Indiscreet!) and a special hug to Lievje and son.

Enjoy this Wednesday.
    Last edited by Riannon; 19th December 2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: It was very early!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 19 December

Today I am wearing my very own Recital. It's the company Christmas 'do' tonight and I don't want to be perfume twins with anyone. So I've spritzed and I have my big bottle with me to add to my body lotion when I get to the hotel this evening to get ready.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Ah, you lucky girl, Riannon! Really can't wait to try those as well. A softer, sweeter and warmer Passage d'Enfer, eh? Sounds like a winner to me

Sending out good vibes to lievje as well!

Going with Le 3eme Homme de Caron today
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Encre Noire - Lalique
    Wishlist is pointless.

Riannon, eric got me curious about the Goutal Orientalistes, so I am scouting the town for them! Not a Goutal lover, but I am most intrigued by the Ambre Fétiche - of course

I love the morning air of these bright, icy cold days....it really gives me a boost. This naughty feeling girl is wearing ELdO's

Putain des Palaces
    with much satisfaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Riannon, eric got me curious about the Goutal Orientalistes, so I am scouting the town for them! Not a Goutal lover, but I am most intrigued by the Ambre Fétiche - of course
    Oh yeees we can certainly blame Eric for this, LIB and G!!

Ambre Fétiche sure is very nice, but the question is: do I really need more amber fragrances than I already have

::I feel creditcards itching::

Black Cashmere.
    DONNA

It's very cold in Norway today.
    I'm wearing a sample of Tabac Blond - GREAT
    Have a nice day

I'm in En Avion today.

Thank you again for all the wishes! No news today, son's reading books again, I hope it's only a matter of time now before he fully recovers. Love to all of you.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Blog Entries

Thankful to have BN community this morning to vent - no one on this side of the pond is awake yet. I didn't get much sleep, if any, and am trying to pull myself together to be a comforting adult today, for last day of school finals. Student from my campus was killed Monday and from what I can gather from emails/calls from students last night and very spotty news a student in my this morning class has committed suicide and is perhaps a suspect. Am praying that these deaths are unrelated. My heart goes out to the family of the young woman and to the family of my student. How senseless and tragic and utterly not sane.

sotd datura noir

lievje just saw your post - happy to have good news and hear your son is on the mend
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 19th December 2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: addition
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I'm very sorry for you DeeOlive. Good luck today.

Songes for me.

DeeOlive what sad news! No wonder you didn't sleep well.
    Courage coming your way for the trials you will be facing today.
    It almost seems trite to say what perfume I am wearing today,
    after such tragic events.
    (It's Casaque. )

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Since yesterday I am testing Annick Goutal's:

Ambre Fetiche (against Ambre Sultan)
    Myrhhe Ardente (against Lutens' La Myrrhe)
    Encens Flamboyant (against Passage d'Enfer)

I've sent for those, plus several others including Black Cashmere which is unavailable in the UK. Will also get to try Coty's Chypre at long last, so I'm looking forward to a great new year of perfumes.

Good morning.Today I must do some more gift shopping....and the weather is AWFUL! Windy and raining. I'm wearing Fracas edp today.Need the extra "ooompf " it gives me today. Glad to hear that Lievje's son is feeling better and a hug to DeeOlive for the dreadful news There's really not much more to say I guess. Hope it works out somehow.

Mat Chocolat by Masaki Matsushima before I went to bed last night.... I have been having this chocolate/coffee craving yesterday...

Wore Jicky edp to work, it smells a bit weird on me today... (could be hormonal issue)

First off :
    Yay, Lievje !
    That's marvellous news- something to celebrate- a looong time coming [please pm me w/ your info and whereabouts, so I can send you a little somethin' somethin']

Oh, Dee.
    Horrific, tragic news.
    I wonder if the 'holly jollies' didn't contribute to this misery-
    This season can be as brutal, for many, as it is beautiful.
    I'm sending you extra strength to help deal with this.
    I'm so sorry for those affected...

I've rarely seen such a stellar scent lineup; really wonderful.

For a challenging day, I think I'll wear the Niki de St. Phalle parfum that finally arrived last night.
    It's sylvan / floral,but has a clearly authoratative tone- 'don't mess w/ me' vibe.
    Good for 'gettin' 'er done'- that is, IF you're "Larry, the Cable Guy" [ a redneck standup comic who manages to be endearing and astute at the same time- clever fellow !]

Love to all...

((((Dee))))

What a tragic news, my dear. I can imagine how hard it must be for you to be the steady adult for your students. The one they can come to with their questions and grief.
    I am wishing you strength this day and the ones yet to come.

Glad about your son, Lievje.

Dee, my sympathies. Have a gentle day.

Chanel no. 5 velvet body cream. Soft replicate of the Parfum version.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cumming by Alan Cumming as SotD
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Serge Lutens Chergui

My heart goes to you DeeOlive and to the families who have lost loved ones to the senseless tragedy.

Lievje, glad to know your son is making improvement.

Dee - when I taught history (a very long time ago), we had a series of tragic events occur to the students of the M,W,F morning section. This was a large class (about 300 students), and yet each time we heard something happened to one of the students (or, in one case, was caused by one of the students), it hit hard. And you would think that with classes that size, it would be easier.

So I can't imagine what you are going through this morning. Stay strong.

Livje - glad to hear your son is healing and feels well enough to concentrate on a book. That is excellent news.

SotD = Ava Luxe Shambala Tibet. Really wanted a soft incense frag this morning. I hope she comes back to the perfume biz.....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Delices de Cartier, hump day deserves some deliciousness.

Serge Lutens, Daim Blond.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Got a weird-but-wonderful combo going this ayem - (you ready for this?) Montana Parfum d'Homme (original - THANG KEW KBE!!) and Gucci (THANG KEW Tinks!!) The brusque Parfum plays off the fruity Gucci in the nicest way......
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Totally agree with chaya that this time of a year can be both joyful and tragic. Stay strong and put, Dee.

Glad to hear from lievje, although I realize that you both must be very tired from the worrying.

Shades, welcome back, I was thinking about you when that snowstorm hit your part of the globe. Was it the worst in the whole history of observation?

Wearing IPdF Zenzero for the first time today. Anybody ever ordered from 'Your Cosmetics" site? I wanted to explore IPdF and Esteban lines more and could not find much of the reviews on how reliable this site is.

Allure Sensuelle today

Mr.T's car have been snowed/iced in the parking lot next door so he has my car all week...that means no trips to the P.O
    It's closed by the time he gets out of work and my Angelique Encens & Imperial Opoponax should been arriving any day now. Argh!!

SOTD for me is Tam Dao. This one is magical.
    Dee, I'm sure you read about the kid who opened fire with a machine gun at a mall in Omaha, which is near where I live.
    The sad reality is this: People are alienated. They have computers to make them feel as though they have a social life and an identity, but when they step outside in the real world, they feel as though nobody cares. People are so busy working that they have NO TIME, NO TIME to do the things they want and need to do. They hurry around, angry at strangers, impatient with people they love. That kid in Omaha lost a father due to divorce, lost a stepfather due to divorce, lost a job at McDonalds, lost a girlfriend, and snapped.
    Who knows what was the breaking point for the shooter on your campus?
    The worst thing is, entertainment has become so violent in content, that human life is made surreal and devalued. That they boy wrote, "I'm a piece of shi*. I'm going to take out some pieces of shi*." as his reason for shooting innocent people.
    The only lesson I can take away from all this is that one must never stop caring and loving, or all is lost, for everyone.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Shades, welcome back, I was thinking about you when that snowstorm hit your part of the globe. Was it the worst in the whole history of observation?
    thankfully, our immediate area was in a little pocket of area that did not get hit badly. We were very worried that we wouldn't be able to fly out, but we didn't get much ice ... all around us, people were not so lucky as us. Our personal worst ice storm was in 2002, parts of our town were without electricity for 2 weeks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

My SotD is Jasmin de Nuit

But what I really want to say is that:
    I could not have said it better dear purplebird.
    And, yet, your eloquently expressed thoughts
    completely articulate my feelings about
    this alarmingly dismal social issue.

Perhaps, we all need to slow down just a little,
    smile a little more and reach out.

I wish you all a safe and healthy holiday season,
    after all those are the most important things we can have.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Very well said Purplebird. The violence in our society as an answer to "what ails us" is so pervasive now, that sadly it has become almost accepted. Unfortunately, we have been heading down this slippery slope for quite some time, and I don't see an end to it anytime soon.

DEE - my heart and thoughts are with you and your students at this terrible time.

Today I'll wear CHERGUI.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Tabac Blond today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Internet and basenotes a little slow to respond for me today. Finally here to note that I've been sampling Neonatura, Fleur de Peau and now, post shower, Paris Enchantees, courtesy of that ever-loving soul, ComDiva. Dee, your students are lucky to have you at this time. Some will probably remember the words you impart today for the rest of their lives. I've known three men who committed suicide, and you can rarely see these things coming.

Dee, my heart goes out to you, your students and their families.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Brit Red

Dee Olive: BN went out after I read your message, but before I could respond. There really are no comforting words to say to survivors of tragedy. That it could be prevented? Not always true. People will seek solace in whatever way works best for them, and we all must go on caring.
    Lievje: Glad to read that your boy is reading. There is nothing more life affirming!
    My SOTD: Bois d'Armenie

Burberry London... nice for a cold, rainy day.

Ambre Sultan

Chergui this morning; Pasha de Cartier tonight.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

On my birthday it's
    SOTD Ambre Canelle
    SOTE Fendi Uomo

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy B-Day markc! and Congrats on your 1K post!

Following Taolady's lead, SotE is Montana Parfum d'Homme...delicious juice! I keep forgetting just how delicious...
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Couldn't get the website earlier today. SOTD has been Chanel No. 5 parfum.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I might not even mention a scent today, save that I must thank the adorable and Be-Dimpled one for a tour of stunning classics that I had missed- today's stop Arpege- timeless indeed.

And grousing about my family's day-late dollar-short approach to getting the house ready for Grandma and Christmas has been bumped down into the trivia level where it belongs.

On cheerful notes- a best of birthdays to markc- an utterly great guy and one of the best to chat up when you are crossing over and looking at men's scents.

And a great sigh of relief now that Erm is propped up with a book and on the mend.

My warmest sympathy for Dee. I hope that knowing that we are here and willing to listen is some help to you and that having a place to grieve will help you to be strong for the poor kids you need to comfort. Wishing you, among other things, a good enough nights sleep to make tomorrow a bit easier than today. I am so sorry.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the samples Kyra.

Oh Dee, I'm so very sorry to hear of the tragedy at your school and in particular with your student. It's tough to be a young adult in the society that we live in today. They have a lot of expectations put on them and a lot of them are ill-equipped to handle it. Take care and be strong.

This morning I wore Bois des Iles.

I just came back from shopping at Sephora's where I sampled SL Louvre.... kinda 'meh' was my first reaction.
    Last edited by dimples; 20th December 2007 at 02:41 AM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Wore Winter Star again today. My official scent for winter. The more I wear it the more I appreciate the florals beneath the wood and spice.

Thank heavens, your son is better Lievje. You must be feeling better too!

DEE, so sorry to hear your tragic news; my thoughts are with you to keep strong for the kids and remember to take some time for yourself not to be strong.

Lievje, I'm so happy to hear that your son is feeling better!

I wore (too much) Neil Morris October today. It was divine but definitely a little heavy. I had an accident with the spritzer. I'm in Saskatchewan now, and stayed last night with my brother and his family. His little 4 year old stepdaughter loves scents, "can I smell that?" is her mantra, and she even wrinkled her nose at me this morning after I doused myself in perfume.

I'm wearing Passage d'Enfer for my SotE because I'm staying with my best girlfriend tonight and realized that I left my little travel pouch of samples at my brother's and Passage is all I have in my purse.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Elixir des Merveilles
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Armani Code Pour Homme.
    Gary