Code of Conduct

Thread: Nasomatto? wow!

Default Nasomatto? wow!

Nasomatto?? Tried Duro on one hand and Absinthe on the other while cruising through Barney's a while back. Impressive fragrances! Very potent and mysterious with lots of depth. Both fragrances were quite different from each other but equally provocative. Absinthe seemed like a very dry spice with a vetiver drydown but unlike anything I've sampled anywhere else. Duro was also very different and seemed to have an oud like incense - reminded me of Rose 31 without the rose!? The SA said the company would not release any notes or fragrance pyramid - just the poetry of the scent.

Anyone tried these? Opinions please.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 19th December 2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Yasomatto? wow!

I own Nasomatto - Absinth and it went immediately to my Top 10. Earthy, Nutty, vetiver...different than anything I own. Expensive but it is an extrait. Lasts forever with the right amount of sillage. I like Duro also, but found it similar to other things, so I will hold off on it.

Jock, what scents did Duro remind you of? I had a brief sniff of these in Barneys but not enough to form much of an opinion other than that they were interesting and seemed good.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

It was in the same vein of Gucci PH, CDG 2 Man, Vetiver 46, Bois d'Orage...however...Duro has a distinct feel all to itself IMO. It is beautiful. Will be a hard choice between Vetiver 46 and Duro for me.

Oh yes, I go for Duro. I use my second lovely bottle now - and still love it. Somehow it's magical and mysterical, potent as Buzzlepuff mentioned. At the drydown I recognise a very subtle, fine leather. Expensiv, but worth a try.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nasomatto? wow!

I recently bought Duro after smelling it a couple of times, but I haven't given it a full wearing yet. I went back and tested Absinth as well, and I think I really like that one too, but at the price they're asking, and with more holiday expenses coming up, it might have to wait...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Default Re: Nasomatto? wow!

I liked the Hindu Grass the best of them