Code of Conduct

Smile just received my pi edp: review

hey guys, i bit the bullet and joined the pi club. The first time i tested this frag, a few years ago, i wrote it off as unpleasant because in the beginning stages of my obsession with frags, i was, like a lot of people, into aquatics and lighter stuff like Echo Davidoff, Polo Blue, Kenneth cole reaction, etc... Recently I bumped into pi when i was at Belk and gave it another try...well to say the least, i could not stop sniffing at my hand. The other day i purchased the edp version because i had heard there was more woods in it and since it is tough to find and perfumebay was offering it a really low price, i got it.

My review of Pi edp:
    The initial blast is very strong...almost like uncorking a strong bourbon like Bookers or Bakers...it has a very bourbon Vanilla thing right up front...which i do appreciate because i love bourbon.

It then gets very sweet and warm and is very linear sticking to the vanilla path and never straying much...it seems to ebb and flow in its sweetness i.e. it will smell more woody, then skin, then vanilla again. This one most definitely sticks closer to the skin than its brother edt.

Conclusion: This smells like someone poured bourbon and vanilla on a piece of wood and let it dry with the bourbon quickly evaporating from the wood...its nice and i can see why women would love this...i would classify it as a unisex scent along the same lines as Jean Paul Gautier2...except its not as "in your face" as the previously mentioned.

Default Re: just received my pi edp: review

I also have pi and I really agree with your review. The vanilla certainly dominates and it is one that I get a lot of compliments on. It reminds me of Rocha's man, although some have disagreed with me on that.

i have never tried rochas...in what ways does it remind you? just curious

The vanilla smell and the overall "creaminess" of the frag. In fact, the last time I wore Rocha's my wife asked if I was wearing Pi (which she is very fond of). If you like Pi, you'll like Rocha's Man....while they are similar there are some differences and Rocha's seemed to last a little longer on me.

Where can you buy the edp?

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

i got it at perfume bay. they may have another one left

I must admit I am now for the first time (though I don't know why it took so long) intrigued by Pi..

Smile Re: just received my pi edp: review

Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    I must admit I am now for the first time (though I don't know why it took so long) intrigued by Pi..
    it took me awhile too, but now im hooked...thanks to some of the other great threads on this board...get you some, its nice stuff!

i'm considering the edp $40 for 1oz...

Maybe I'm not the type to pull of this scent, but several (female) friends commented that while they think it really smells nice, it's more a female fragrance.

Probably because of the huge amount of vanilla overall.

sorry but what does the EDP stands for?

i have the blue PI is that the one you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
    sorry but what does the EDP stands for?

i have the blue PI is that the one you have?
    no that is pi fraiche...pi edp is eau de parfum...just a stronger version.

I got mine for 36 bucks at perfumebay