Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Well, like a Hammer Film vampire I sleep in a Motel 6, tomorrow I visit the fabled JR, once again. Last year there was a mountain of Helmut Lang's EdT, let's see what this trip reveals........

  2. #2

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    I must have missed something, somewhere. What or where is JR, and how does this relate to Luca? Any links?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by robyogi View Post
    I must have missed something, somewhere. What or where is JR, and how does this relate to Luca? Any links?
    JR is an outlet store in North Carolina, and it has a large, eclectic selection of fragrances, including some hard-to-find gems. Most are embarrassingly cheap, too. Luca Turin mentions it in Chandler Burr's book. It is definitely worth a look if you are ever in my area of the world. And drop me a line -- we might get to sniff together!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    JR is an outlet store in North Carolina, and it has a large, eclectic selection of fragrances, including some hard-to-find gems. Most are embarrassingly cheap, too. Luca Turin mentions it in Chandler Burr's book. It is definitely worth a look if you are ever in my area of the world. And drop me a line -- we might get to sniff together!
    Very interesting - I was in NC last weekend and I think I may have spotted a JR perfume outlet (or a big sign of it) along a highway - didn't think anything of it at the time. Are there multiple JR's in NC ?
    Last edited by karisuma; 6th May 2009 at 06:50 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    Very interesting - I was in NC last weekend and I think I may have spotted a JR perfume outlet (or a big sign of it) along a highway - didn't think anything of it at the time. Are there multiple JR's in NC ?
    There is one in Burlington and one in Statesville. I don't know if there are any others.

    If anyone will be in North Carolina and would like to meet at JR's, drop me a line!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    There is one in Burlington and one in Statesville. I don't know if there are any others.
    I remember passing Statesville on the way to Raleigh, so that may have been it. It was on one side of the highway, looked very old and "beat up". Not sure if that was the actual outlet, or just an advertising space for it.
    Last edited by karisuma; 8th May 2009 at 02:12 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    I remember passing Statesville on the way to Raleigh, so that may have been it. It was on one side of the highway, looked very old and "beat up". Not sure if that was the actual outlet, or just an advertising space for it.
    That pretty much describes it. Heaven!

    (By the way, Burlington is closer to Raleigh, so you may have passed by both of them actually.)

  8. #8

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    About six weeks ago, my brother stopped at JR. I had a list for him. He claimed that he couldn't find anything on the list and that the prices were definitely not cheap.
    Has anyone been there recently?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Luca Turin and JR Perfume Outlet

    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    About six weeks ago, my brother stopped at JR. I had a list for him. He claimed that he couldn't find anything on the list and that the prices were definitely not cheap.
    Has anyone been there recently?
    I have been there in the last three months. What was on your list?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000