Code of Conduct

Question Creed Royal Water or Royal Bust?

Hi everyone. My wife is blind buying me Creed Royal Water for Christmas. What do you guys think? Does it feel like a masculine or femine scent? I smelled it once, a very long time ago, and recall that it has a floral note. I don't remember if the floral note was overpowering. What do you guys think, a good blind buy? Btw, I am in love with Imperial, Erolfa, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed, Virgin Island Water, and Silver Mountain Water.

Default Re: Creed Royal Water or Royal Bust?

I tried it once a while back. While I didn't dislike it, it just didn't seem all that Creed-like at the time. It was right on the border of unisex. I'm sure I'll get a bottle of it at some point in time, but it's a bit down the list. I guess I always forget about Royal Water-- now I want to retest it.

Make sure to post a review of it on Christmas Day!

Its done in a traditional EDC style but with ample depth. Starts off minty and airy with juicy fruity mandarin, and then slowly mellows into what seems like a very light floral phase before turning 'warm and dirty' ...watch out for the well integrated basil and cumin notes...I personally love this phase the best. Its quite concentrated for a citrus fragrance (I use no more than 3 sprays).

It may not Wow! you if you are looking for a whacky niche scent containing notes of chocolate, feces, incense, benzoin, cherries, smoke and mud, but its an extremely well engineered and truly unisex scent; it works wonderfully in spring and summers.
    Last edited by zztopp; 20th December 2007 at 08:48 AM.
    -

I ought to like Royal Water. I love citrus. I love creed. I have tried it multiple times.

It is difficult for me to put my finger on exactly why I do not like this. There is something about it which doesn't fit my own self image of masculinity. There is something they have done with the citrus to make it last longer which "thickens" it in a way I don't like. It is very far from a classic Eau to my mind, there are creeds which are much nearer to this including the short longevity which goes hand in hand with the volatility needed for a really good citrus "hit" (citrus bigarrade, bois de cedrat, zeste mandarin erm....more I have forgotten). Ultimately, there is something a little "plasticky" about it to my nose.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Considering the Creeds you love, I don't think you will like Royal Water - its more feminine than all the Creeds you mentioned (including SMW). Smells like Liz Claiborne women's perfume.

Liked it, bought it, used up half a bottle (mostly in warm weather), then slowly grew tired of it. I don't think it's a bad scent at all, but it's definitely the odd one out in my wardrobe. Don't expect it to be anything close to traditional masculine fragrances, because it's very floral. It has good longevity and a "clean" sillage.
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Royal Water was reportedly created for Lady Diana. Even though iit is unisex I have always thought it smells really fantastic on my girlfriend and it doesn't work well for me. The well balanced sparkling citrus gives it a stabilizing quality for blending very well with other fragrances to move its character away from generic to whatever it's blended with. It is one of the better Creed scents in my opinion, but it is slightly feminine in nature.

As my old friend HRH Prince Michael of Kent once said, "anything royal is a must." I disagree on Royal Water, though - too sweet.
    If you want something Royal try Royal Delight. A delight, it is!

To/on me it wasn't even close to unisex - purely a (strangely unfocused, uncreedish) floral for women. Dedicated to, not made for, Princess Di, btw. I'd choose Acqua di Genova or Purple Water over this anytime.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

I only like a few Creeds - and I do like Royal Water.

As hirch stated it has that 'cologne' style nature, however I did not find it plastick-y, instead it seemed very gentlemanly, reserved while at the same time giving off an aura of freshness.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I only like a few Creeds - and I do like Royal Water.

As hirch stated it has that 'cologne' style nature, however I did not find it plastick-y, instead it seemed very gentlemanly, reserved while at the same time giving off an aura of freshness.

ZZ said it was colognish, I think it isn't.
    You say tomato........
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I would say that Royal Water is more feminine than either SMW or Chevrefeuille Original. I would compare their unisexness/femininity like this. SMW and Chevrefeuille Original use feminine ingredients( berries & honeysuckle) and are light therefore they are somewhat universal. Royal Water on the other hand seems to have a bit more of the Creed ambergris and it gives it a heavyness that the nose associates with womens perfumes. It is really is nice fragrance though, I hope you find it suitable.