Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Shampoo/Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by AndiMAC View Post
    Well, I have also too, wavy/frizzy hair and finally broke down and got a brand I had been eyeballing every year at the hair show but never took the step to buy. It's called Deva Curl. First of all, it smells sooooooo delicious (takes you away on a mini tropical vaca in the shower) and secondly, my hair has never been in better condition. It's a small product line but very effective for those who have decided to "embrace" their curls.
    I have been using the Deva Curl No Poo for a year now and I love it. It smells of roses and peppermint, leaves my hair (which is colored frequently) really soft and shiny, and I never need to use a conditioner afterward. I very occasionally rotate the No Poo with Aveda Shampure, but only very occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiMAC View Post
    Well, I have also too, wavy/frizzy hair and finally broke down and got a brand I had been eyeballing every year at the hair show but never took the step to buy. It's called Deva Curl. First of all, it smells sooooooo delicious (takes you away on a mini tropical vaca in the shower) and secondly, my hair has never been in better condition. It's a small product line but very effective for those who have decided to "embrace" their curls.
    I also have been using the Deva Curl No Poo for a year now and I love it. It smells of roses and peppermint, leaves my hair (which is colored frequently) really soft and shiny, and I never need to use a conditioner afterward. I very occasionally rotate the No Poo with Aveda Shampure, but only very occasionally. Love the Deva Curl!

I have normal long and almost straight hair. I use the Kiehls' Protein Concentrate Herbal Shampoo for Dry to Normal Hair and their Hair Conditioner & Grooming Aid - Formula 133. It is great for summer as both products are fairly light and doesn't weight the hair down. It doesn't have a scent and won't crash the perfume that I am wearing. I have a feeling that this combination might not work for knotty hair as the conditioner is rather thin.

Occassionally I would also use the Vidal Sasson - VS Diamond Shine Moisturizing Shampoo / Conditioner (which I think might be only available for the Asian market). The conditioner is super! It is detangles and makes my hair looks more shiney and easier for combing.
    Currently wearing: Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

Shampoo
    Walgreens generic answer to Neutrogena's T-Sal or Dr. Bronner's Peppermint and/or Lavender
    Conditioner
    Pure olive oil infused with bergamot, lavender, amber, and patchouli essential oils.
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by analavande View Post
    Conditioner
    Pure olive oil infused with bergamot, lavender, amber, and patchouli essential oils.
    Do you make it yourself?

Yes. It is simple, natural, healthy and efficacious. I use the same solution on my skin.
    Last edited by analavande; 18th January 2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: addition of information
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

Has anyone tried Pureology Reconstruct Repair Treatment? I could not find any Pureology products in stores so I am thinking about ordering some online. It's a 1 liter bottle.

I've been using the Suave Naturals line of shampoos and conditioners because I love the fragrances - green apple, orange, etc. My hair stylist told me that of all the cheap drugstore brands, these had a pretty good pH balance for hair. I can't imagine using unscented shampoos & conditioners, I enjoy the fragrances so much and often use the shampoos as body wash, too. I have very thick coarse textured wavy hair that tends toward dryness. I brush it out really well before I wash it (I shed a lot, like a dog!). After shampooing and conditioning, I spray on a leave in conditioner (Infusium), and I let my hair air dry naturally without combing or brushing. My hair has been behaving pretty well by staying away from blow driers and styling products. I've been reading that silicone products are bad for your hair.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 22nd February 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo city

I have to rotate shampoos and conditioners, or eventually the products become less effective. I love Infusium shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair (which mine is) and the price is excellent. Frekeric Fekkai is another good shampoo and conditioner brand that I like a lot, and I often include their color treated hair products in my regimen. The body shop's conditioner for color treated hair is excellent. My stylist says that basically any good salon quality products are fine with her, as long as they are specifically for color treated hair. None of the ones I've mentioned has a particularly strong scent, and certainly nothing that would interfere with my fragrance (God forbid!).

Blog Entries

I use Tressemme (sp) color revitalizer shampoo. I rarely condition my hair because I just don't think about it (plus my hair's really short so I don't think it needs it much). However, over the years I've saved sooo many of those tubes & packets of conditioner from hair dye kits. I usually only use them one or two times after I dye my hair & I just use the same tube until it runs out so I have plenty of spares.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thank you for the new ideas, everybody. The conditioners that come with L'Oreal dye are very good, I think. No regular L'Oreal conditioner comes close. I did use a profesional one once (Texture?) and it was great for the hair but awful for the scalp. I also had Infusium but I can't remember if I liked it or not.
    I know several people who could probably use dish detergent and their hair would still look beautiful.
    But I am not one of them. My hair is waist lenght, fine and colored for so long I have no idea what its real color is. It gets so knotty it takes about 30min to untangle. I have no idea how to take care of it, to be honest. Most of the time I use Pantene, Dove, Nexxus or Garnier conditioner. After reading about it here, I've been doing the CO wash thing for the past months and it works. It washes the hair but it doesn't work wonders.
    I really hope I can find a conditioner that would help me waste less time combing my hair. I think I am getting the Nanotech one.

P.S. for many years I have been trying to dye my hair flame red! Like Nukapai's. It just doesn't work!
    Last edited by darkdreams; 24th February 2009 at 05:03 PM.