Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you spray your clothes?

I know lots of threads have been made regarding where to spray, how much, etc. But I'm wondering about this specifically because a friend told me NEVER to spray clothes, but I'm not sure if this was more for preserving the clothing, or fragrance etiquette, or bunk, or what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you spray your clothes?

I don't spray my clothes. I really don't have to because I spray quite enough on myself. I think the combo of perfume and lotion really soaks into whatever I'm wearing. I have a habit of putting my nose in my shirt and smelling it. My dirty clothes pile always smells like perfume. Hell, my whole apartment smells like perfume lol.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Post Thanks / Like

I do spray one spray on my clothes after I am dressed. I am already perfumed but I spray a mist into the air and walk through it.

Lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I don't spray my clothes. I really don't have to because I spray quite enough on myself. I think the combo of perfume and lotion really soaks into whatever I'm wearing. I have a habit of putting my nose in my shirt and smelling it. My dirty clothes pile always smells like perfume. Hell, my whole apartment smells like perfume lol.
    Ditto Divatologist

Good to hear I'm not the only person sniffing inside my shirt - or actually turtlenecks which I wear a lot of. Though I don't wear lotion - I slather myself with body butter before applying scent. Have to cause when you are of a darker skin tone winter and dry weather makes your skin a horrible ashy color. I think the oils from the butters transfer the frag into my clothing. Plus I would be afraid of staining my clothing by spraying directly onto them.

My dirty clothes pile also smells wonderful
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I'm pretty much with Divatologist and DeeOlive - I dab (or spray) and dress. The perfume gets into the fabric by itself without much help from me.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Depends on the fragrance. I really like the top notes of some fragrances, and like to preserve them as long as i can. Those are the frags I'll spray on clothes.

Also, I tend to find most frags last a lot longer on clothing. So that's always a plus.

Some frags though, first thing that comes to mind is Hypnose Homme, just smell extremely different and much worse on clothing.

I don't spray my clothes. I have tried, but the fragrance smells just like from the bottle and never develops. I guess it need to react with the skin to get dynamic and more unique to the wearer.

It depends on the fragrance for me also. Some fragrances will leave a stain on clothes, so I avoid getting them on fabric. Some fragrances don't have enough longevity for me, so if they are unlikely to stain, I'll give my clothes a quick squirt so the fragrance lasts all day. Usually though, whatever I'm wearing rubs onto my clothes in some way or other. And fragrance sprayed on clothes doesn't have the same effect as the chemical changes brought about by being in contact with skin - so spraying fabric is a last resort for me.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I don't usually spray on clothes but I do like to spray on lingerie. If I do spray on clothes, it's usually clothes I lounge around the house in.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I mist up in the air and walk through, if the fragrance is light.

I heard you shouldn't spray perfume on delicate clothes as it might "stain" it and could damage the frabric in the long run. I haven't experienced this myself but has anyone else?

Stain yes. But considering it's 90% alcohol, and you're spraying less than a milliliter at a time, I highly doubt it'll damage any clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Do you spray your clothes?

In summer time i use to spary the inside of my shirt ( as per interview of Mr. Jean Laporte )

I don't spray on clothing anymore. I've been using Divatologist's method of application, and all my longevity issues are no longer! Plus, the dirty clothes hamper smells really GOOD (a first)!
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Post Thanks / Like

I spritz the air and then walk through it. I only do this though with really potent fragrances or ones that clash with, and/or change, on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't spray clothes, because I like to enjoy smelling how the fragrance develops on my skin. I can be found whiffing my wrists every now and then to see how the scent is progressing. I don't think it can progress in a satisfactory manner when sprayed on the clothes =0/

Post Thanks / Like

In theory its a good idea. The scent seems to last longer that way. But somehow the scent seems to stay flat as if it was just out of the bottle. Perhaps it is the scents I have used, but I really love the development of a fragrance from bodyheat. After all I can always squirt again later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do. It seems to last all day on the fabric. My body will hold cologne for 5-6 hours before it's gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray a small ball of cotton then stretch it so its not ball like & tuck it into something your wearing ! .. eg under collar in pocket etc etc ,, Be creative and enjoy your frags two ways !! .. the skin development way and D's way .. cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Spray a small ball of cotton then stretch it so its not ball like & tuck it into something your wearing ! .. eg under collar in pocket etc etc ,, Be creative and enjoy your frags two ways !! .. the skin development way and D's way .. cheers

That's actually a pretty good idea that I had never thought of before....I think I'll be buying some cotton balls today.

Post Thanks / Like

Spraying a handkerchief and putting it in your pocket is another old trick.

Post Thanks / Like

The cotton wool ball trick is a good one. I had some success keeping the perfumed-sprayed balls in little plastic sandwich bags so I could try out various scents over a few days after a trip to the perfume hall. The snooty assistant there had a bit of a hissy fit though.