Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Throw down your Fleur du Mâle and get thee L'Occitane Neroli Edp!

Just got my hands on the sadly discontinued Neroli EdP, and I must say this is what Fleur du Mâle should have been. My previous experience with Neroli was that it was always too cloying and feminine to wear. Who wants to smell like Grandma's soap dish? Now this is Neroli done right. Seductive, flowery yet dark, intense yet never cloying, and in the end it refuses to declare its sex. This is what Fleur du Male should've been! With FdM, I get a tangy and syrupy scent that turns sickly on my skin. Whenever I saw the ad for Fleur du Mâle with the guy in the bathtub of white flowers, I used to laugh and say to myself, "Not even close!" Now, when I see the ad, I imagine the warm and dark entrails of L'Occitane Neroli EdP. If Baudelaire were alive today, I'd know which scent he'd go for.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Throw down your Fleur du Mâle and get thee L'Occitane Neroli Edp!

Congratulations, manicboy!

Where did you get it?

This is the L'Oranger Neroli (unisex) that appears third from the bottom in the 'Show all products by L'Occitane. " Which does not carry a year of release (?) reviewed by pluran and scentemental and others, isn't it? Not the L'Oranger Orange Leaves EDC

( Um. . . where do we find that in BN? Is it the same as Fleurs d'Oranger--Yes, I know orange leaves is not literally 'flowers'--so if it isn't the same where is ' orange leaves' here in BN? )

Cheers,

Mario the Confused
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Throw down your Fleur du Mâle and get thee L'Occitane Neroli Edp!

If you want a good neroli scent then try Castile by Penhaligons. Neroli by Czech and Speake is also fantastic.

i still prefer fdm to the l'occitane, is a little more robust on my skin.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your new acquisition manicboy - I treasure my bottle of Neroli by L'Occitane like gold. This juice is the REAL DEAL when it comes to neroli.

Funny - when I wore Neroli a couple weeks ago and I hugged a friend of mine, he asked me if I was wearing the new Gauliter fragrance (!) If anything, atleast Gaultier has brought neroli 'out of the closet' (pun intended) and made use of a formerly womans only white floral note, for a mens scent.

However there really is NO comparison of these two - L'Occitane and it's complexity, depth, and sheer epic longevity (1 spray can scent me for an entire day) is unmatched in the fragrance world. Believe me, I've searched for a suitable replacement (Czech & Speake's is wonderful but a tad too gentleman-ly...Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino is more of the same) and haven't found it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Throw down your Fleur du Mâle and get thee L'Occitane Neroli Edp!

manicboy, Yoy will probably appreciate this. I purchased the last two that were on the shelf at L'Occitane in Oak Brook IL. last fall, when I asked when they were getting more in she said there not. This frag, has run it's course. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Gave one to my wife, so she would quit stealing mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Congratulations, manicboy!

Where did you get it?

This is the L'Oranger Neroli (unisex) that appears third from the bottom in the 'Show all products by L'Occitane. " Which does not carry a year of release (?) reviewed by pluran and scentemental and others, isn't it? Not the L'Oranger Orange Leaves EDC

( Um. . . where do we find that in BN? Is it the same as Fleurs d'Oranger--Yes, I know orange leaves is not literally 'flowers'--so if it isn't the same where is ' orange leaves' here in BN? )

Cheers,

Mario the Confused
    Was bought on ebay for basically its retail price. A great deal if you ask me.

The BN directory is wrong and needs to be updated. It's listed under Fleurs d'Oranger. Of course, L'Occitane doesn't help coming out with a new Neroli EdP this year that's different from the old one.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    manicboy, Yoy will probably appreciate this. I purchased the last two that were on the shelf at L'Occitane in Oak Brook IL. last fall, when I asked when they were getting more in she said there not. This frag, has run it's course. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Gave one to my wife, so she would quit stealing mine.
    You beat me to it as I was there last September. Never knew they had a store there as I always go to the one on Armitage.
    Last edited by manicboy; 21st December 2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976