Code of Conduct

Default What do you hope to add to your collection in 2008?

I think I'm going to add En Passant, Tea for Two, and Diptyque Jardin Clos. I'm hoping to restrict the impulse buying and finish up my cheaper stuff before exploring interesting niche lines and historic fragrances more.
    Last edited by bernat; 21st December 2007 at 03:46 AM.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

Default Re: What do you hope to add to your collection in 2008?

I'm going to test the Guerlain L'Instant Magic and I hope to sample the MPG and Parfums de Nicolai lines. At this point, I don't have any purchases planned for sure for 2008. Although, I have to say, I got my Bandit sample out and it sure is smelling nice!

Is it okay if a guy weighs in here?

I'm really interested to see the new Prada for men scent, as I love love love Prada Amber. Other than that, I plan to start sampling some niche houses to experience true 'quality scents' and see if all the hype is deserved or not.

To SculptureOfSoul: I'm very impressed with all the Prada fragrances that I've tested so far. I might check out Prada for men as a new one for my husband. I haven't got him anything smelly for Christmas yet!

For 2008 I have no specific plans. However, I have just discovered that my local Fenwicks is now stocking L'Artisan, so I will be sampling them pretty soon with a view to finding something special. And if they don't appeal, I have my Michael Storer samples to try out. Also, I may have a weed through my wardrobe and remove any frags I don't utterly love to bits to make room for more niche purchases.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

My very own bottle of Poivre
    10 Corso Como
    Cuir Mauresque
    Ava Luxe Milk
    Aoud Queen Roses
    L'Heure Bleue parfum
    Diorissimo
    Liz Zorn JoJo and possibly others
    Michael Storer Stephanie and Genevieve and possibly Monk
    I know I'll be getting something Neil Morris, quite possibly Midnight Tryst

and there will likely be more
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

A bit of restraint!

How likely this is I do not know!

I'll buy a small bottle of Theorema as my decant is almost done. Want to try Silver Factory. Hoping that one of the Goutal Incense series is so yummy I'll have to buy a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    A bit of restraint!

I need a lot of restraint!

But I hope to buy a bottle of Angelique Ensens and En Avion parfum and .....

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    I'm going to test the Guerlain L'Instant Magic and I hope to sample the MPG and Parfums de Nicolai lines. At this point, I don't have any purchases planned for sure for 2008. Although, I have to say, I got my Bandit sample out and it sure is smelling nice!

Seattlelight I love L'Instant Magic. It smells soooooo good on me. I tried it last week pre-exfoliation and it still smelled wonderful on my skin. I tried it the 1st time right after giving myself a good exfoliating scrub. That is going to be my next purchase as a matter of fact.

I hope to get my first niche frag this year. I have mostly mainstream stuff. I want a niche frag now. I just ordered a sample pack from Michael Storer. I plan to order some samples from Luckyscent and others. I want another Creed too. I just love how Creed perfumes smell on my skin. They last forever on me too. I also want to get my hands on those new Tom Ford frags as well.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I hope to add Luctor et Emergo, Tea for Two, Dzing!, Cuir Mauresque and Cherug . I am sure there will be others

After our Une Histoire de Chypre bottle split has been consummated, I will need a rest.
    So I can prepare myself for Carnal Flower.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 21st December 2007 at 11:16 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

50ml of parfum for each Caron scent: En Avion, Faranesiana & Pois de Senteur

A bottle of Summer of Love & Parfum d'Ida by Neil Morris

Talk about delusions of granduer

I am hoping I will develop enough discipline to save for a full bottle of the following:

- Serge Lutens - Datura Noir
    - Montale - Blue Amber (is it just me or has this gotten real hard to find?)
    - Andy Tauer's Le Maroc pour Elle (one of the few scents BF really liked)
    - KM Loukhoum

Sadly, I'm still in the "must smell EVERYTHING" phase of this hobby so $$$$ that could go towards these fine purchases will probably wind up going towards more samples.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

I am going to be carefully testing and sniffing samples. I am headed into NYC after the New Year for a family obligation and will stop into Barneys to do more research on Malle.

Knowing me - I can almost predict that the only one I will buy Le Parfum de Thérèse, from all that I have read - but we will see. I will be content with one, simply because of the perfume standards that he has been lauded for - but which one it will be is still not locked in. I'm in no rush.

Have decided to pick up cheap online Quartz by Molyneux which can be found for under 20 bucks. Will do at some point.

On my list to buy (or to get DH to buy for my birthday) is MPG George Sand, and M. Storer's Stephanie. Both have tested superbly and will fit my tastes.

Will be testing samples of:
    Caron: Violette Précieuse
    Delrae: Bois de Paradis, Amoureuse
    L'Artisan Parfumeur: Dzing!, Fleur d'Oranger, La Chasse Aux Papillons, Tea for Two
    Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
    Parfums de Nicolaï: Maharanih
    People of the Labyrinths: Luctor et Emergo
    Maître Parfumeur et Gantier: Fraîche Passiflore, Jardin Blanc, Or des Indes

Prior to 2007 - I really wasn't aware of the possibility of purchasing 8ml sizes of scents that I might like to enjoy upon occasion - but don't need full bottles of. I've been very happy with one I got of MPG Rose Muskissime - have no intentions of springing for a full bottle and think it's a great way to have a bit more of something than tiny vials. Once I've tested some of the above - if I really like any of them I will probably try to track down someone who can offer me this option.

In 2008 I will enjoy wearing much of what I got in 2007 - will be interesting to see how they evolve on me in spring and summer.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I want some Chanel Gardenia and maybe more No. 5 parfum. Also need to revist No. 22.

Am still flirting with Silver Factory. If we can come to an agreement, I will splurge for it.

I need to try M. Storer and N. Morris so who knows what I'll be lemming after that.

Oh, and Habanita.

I want to purge the stuff I'm not wearing.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I really want to check out 888 by Comme des Garcons.
    Gary

A bit of restraint!

LOL- me too! I bought two bottles of perfume almost immediately after joining this website and "discovering" this new obsession. Unfortunately, I have tried samples that I like better now. SO.... no more buying unless I test, test, test.

The ones I have sampled and would like to buy are Coco Mlle and Virgin Island.

Lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I want to get a few more samples of oils from The Fragrance Shop: Blush Peony, Rose Soft, and their dupes of Patou Sublime and Femme de Rochas. And I clearly am going to need a bottle of Hové Rue Royale.

But first ... pay for heating fuel, property taxes, income taxes, put money into IRAs, HSA, SEP, pay tax preparer, set aside dough for annual physical and for DH & I to get dental crown work. Ugh. I just depressed myself.

- - - - - -

Update to include whatever YSL's limited-edition Paris variation is for 2008.
    And some Yves Rocher body shampoos. I love the Thé Vert Tinker introduced me to, and the double-glove soaping action I get going with that scrubby glove from Twolf.

- - - - - -
    Another update: Maybe a bottle of The Fragrance Shop's Black Orchid dupe.

Okay. This spot has now become the location for my shopping list.
    Last edited by Quarry; 21st December 2007 at 04:43 PM.

Smile Re: What do you hope to add to your collection in 2008?

I want to continue sampling the classics, and I would love to track down a full bottle of Diorling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    But first ... pay for heating fuel, property taxes, income taxes, put money into IRAs, HSA, SEP, pay tax preparer, set aside dough for annual physical and for DH & I to get dental crown work. Ugh. I just depressed myself.
    Don't you wish you write off perfume on that trip to the tax preparer
    Hmmmm - medical (emotional) expense?
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Caron Farnesiana
    FM En Passant

Better finance management.
    A fairy godmother [ whoops- I already have one- Raphaella Brescia !]
    An armoire ? for my scents, so they don't take over the world [ like THhe Brain in Animaniacs]- or my dresser, shelves, floor space, closet...

It's a noble start.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeOlive View Post
    Don't you wish you write off perfume on that trip to the tax preparer
    Hmmmm - medical (emotional) expense?
    Actually ... I DO write off my purchases of perfume books (four this year). I AM in publishing after all, and I'm, um, studying their use of typography and bindery methods. Snort.
    Last edited by Quarry; 21st December 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Actually ... I DO write off my purchases of perfume books (four this year). I AM in publishing after all, and I'm, um, studying their use of typography and bindery methods. Snort.
    Ahhh sooooo - great idea - perfume books are anthropological too!
    Chanakya

I want...I want...so very much. I want to buy several bell jars of SL bois scents. I would like Caron's French Can Can. (Don't ask. I find myself so drawn to this fragrance). I want PG Musc Maori. I will need a new bottle of Parfum de Therese. And who knows what tomorrow's desires may be/

Blog Entries

Therese - tell me what you love about your perfume namesake ( I am drooling over the few reviews I've read) Just need a few more nudges to push me over the edge to buy it - blind!
    Chanakya

Ok, Ms. Dee-
    I'll add this to the package.

A bit of restraint!

Along with restraint, I'd like to add a bit of discernment.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Pink Sugar, Liberte and Incanto Charms haha

Actually I want to find something a bit more sophisticated - less fruity florientals. Am tempted by a few - Douce Amere, Datura Noir, Champs Elysees (EdT formulation) and Trouble. Probably get Narciso Rodriguez for her.

Want to investigate Sun Moon and Stars by Lagerfield, Madame Rochas and all those niche houses that aren't readily availble in Australia (probably off the internet).

Will almost certainly buy a bottle of Tea Rose for layering.
    Last edited by jillsy; 22nd December 2007 at 02:36 AM.

I'm with Zibeline et al regarding restraint. My collection has grown to the point where I sense impending difficulty in actually finishing a bottle. For 2008, I plan on buying 5-10 ml decants instead of 30ml and larger bottles. Unless I find a bargain in the BN sales thread.
    Last edited by Sloan; 22nd December 2007 at 03:25 PM.