Code of Conduct

Default Similarities to CK One?

For those of you who read my "cologne-related job!" thread, and the recent reviews I've been doing, can guess pretty easily that I'm starting to take the fragrance industry a little more seriously... but I'm just starting out, and I would really appreciate any and all help that I can get!

Anyways, my close friend needs a new scent. He wears CK One, and out of the ~50 that I've written down, he didn't like any of them except Dunhill Pure, YSL's Onyx, and Lacoste Essential. Now, the ones that I've been making him try were ... well, quite manly; maybe a tad bit on the spicy and rich side for him. It's safe to say that he likes the aquatics (he liked Cool Water Deep), but maybe there's something out there for him that's similar to One, that he can wear.

I'm not too apt in the unisex fragrances, so I would much appreciate if anybody could recommend some that are exquisite, and we could try. The only name that I can think of is Hermes, but I have yet to try any. Once again, anything at all would be appreciate, and many thanks in advance!

Default Re: Similarities to CK One?

I'd recommend having him try Grey Flannel, or better yet, Burberry Touch. They aren't really all that close to CK One, but they are fresh feeling without being either aquatic or spicy. The violet note in each of them is very cool and crisp.

mate...you got to introduce your friend to 'Light Blue' by Dolce and Gabbana...and i dont mean the pour homme Light Blue....I am sure he would thank you for showing this to him....under normal circumstances he wouldnt go near it thinking its for women....but trust me....a lot of guys wear this and it doesnt smell feminine.....

gupts

For something from a trusted and quality house, Penhaligon's "Quercus" is what I would suggest.
    Perhaps slightly more obtainable, Id suggest he take a look at Paul Smith "Extreme" in the striped bottle.

Good luck

Chrome by Azzaro.

Thanks for the quick responses!

SculptureOfSoul, he didn't like Grey Flannel; it was way too strong for him, but he doesn't remember Burberry Touch (personally, I think it's okay)

gupts, I'll have him try it, thanks!

Dimitri, we don't have Penhaligon around here, unfortunately. I've been wanting to introduce my nose to it for ages, but it's not present around here However, I'll have him try Extreme...

Atrac, he liked Chrome, but it was a tad bit "metallic" (Hey, it's Chrome right? :P) and synthetic for him... are there any others you can think of?

Ah, nobody has mentioned it yet but I bet he'd like it - Mugler Cologne. Fresh clean and green.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 21st December 2007 at 11:02 AM.

X-Limited by Aigner is similar to CK One. They have improved their longevity. On the bottle it says "longer lasting".
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Give him some Geir, it'll blow his socks off.

Neiges by Lise Wattier.
    Ce message provient du Québec!

z by zegna

Naked by Police Parfums smells like a "dirtier" CK One. I like it a lot but it has been discontinued. It shows up at eBay once in a while.

Corduroy by Zirh is another one that reminds me of CK One. Not an exact copy, but maybe different enough that he might like it. You can get it for cheap right now in a gift set at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

I think Floris Cefiro is very similar to CK One.

I was going to wait until somebody else said it, but surprisingly nobody did but... Creed Silver Mountain Water.

It can be expensive, but I got my bottle for $100 and it was worth every penny. Same type of scent as cKone, but very high quality and I get awesome longevity from it, as well as lots of compliments. Very fresh, crisp, and cool on top but with a green tea, honey and berries in the heart. Extremely natural smelling-- not synthetic at all.

It's like what cKone was trying to be.

Basenotes Institution

I second two of the recommendations above.

For cheap: Light Blue by D&G
    For more $: Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Bvlgari au Thé Blanc, but it might be too close to CKOne to warrant a purchase.

Absolument Homme Eau de Parfum by Le Parfum d'Interdits - very similar to CKOne!

-T-

Declaration by Cartier. It smells similar to CKOne but with a dryer more mature edge.