Code of Conduct

Default Which scent did you revisit/re-evaluate in 2007?

For me it was Maurice Roucel's Lalique pour Homme - The Lion. IMHO fine enough to be one of Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It brings to mind Pierre Bourdon's Mark Birley for Men, but the fact is, it's a mid-priced, over-looked, designer fragrance. Originally, I traded it away as I found it too "big" for me. I only have the EdT, I plan on trading up to the EdP soon.
    Their Equus is also quite good, but minor league compared to its masterpiece sibling.

Default Re: Which scent did you revisit/re-evaluate in 2007?

The other Lalique - Encre Noir. Wish a store in Chicago would get distribution for Lalique already!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Diesel Zero Plus Masculine, and all of a sudden it was glorious. So strange what a difference a year makes!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Escada Homme for me as a revisit. I have been to many Christmas Parties and Dinners over the last few weeks and this has been my most used fragrance. It has won rave reviews at most of the functions.

Loving it again.

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 21st December 2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Basenotes Institution

In 2007, I fell in love with Noir Epices. My first encounters were quite wretched, but then something clicked in that magnificent and epic drydown to change things - and now I treasure it.

Off-Scenter

Iris Bleu Gris. I learned to hold my nose for the top notes and enjoy the rest. It's now my favorite iris scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    For me it was Maurice Roucel's Lalique pour Homme - The Lion. IMHO fine enough to be one of Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It brings to mind Pierre Bourdon's Mark Birley for Men, but the fact is, it's a mid-priced, over-looked, designer fragrance. Originally, I traded it away as I found it too "big" for me. I only have the EdT, I plan on trading up to the EdP soon.
    Their Equus is also quite good, but minor league compared to its masterpiece sibling.
    Lalique pour Homme Lion gets my vote. Initally I thought that it was a bit dry -arid even, but now I have two EDP's and am very satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    In 2007, I fell in love with Noir Epices. My first encounters were quite wretched, but then something clicked in that magnificent and epic drydown to change things - and now I treasure it.
    Same here. I found it almost physically nauseating, now I'm wearing it frequently with pleasure.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 21st December 2007 at 08:08 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Profumum Fumidus. I first tested it almost a year ago and my first impression was smoked cheese and barbecue sauce. I sampled it several times before I discovered its deep, rich, earthy, woody, smoky, peaty, medicinal Scotch/vetiver accord. Fumidus is now in heavy rotation. Patience and persistence helped me develop an appreciation for this complex scent.

envy by gucci
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

Silver Mountain Water. My wife hated it and at one point I was even using it to kill spiders. It pretty much lived a thoroughly degraded life until one day, much to my wife's chagrin, I picked it up and decided to wear it. What the...?! It was totally beautiful, every scent seemed to sing and sparkle. How could I inflict so much abuse on such an innocent and delicious fragrance? The true Cinderella story of my wardrobe, this stand-in for Raid became one of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 21st December 2007 at 10:04 PM.
    You are not your perfume.

tom ford - black orchid
    hermès - eau des merveilles
    hermès - elixir des merveilles
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Actually for me revisiting went the other way around, I decided that I did not likea number of scents the way I thought before. I can name Dreamer, Nina Ricci Memoire D'Homme, L'Instant, Black XS and some others. Does not mean I dislike themeither. They are just not on the top of my to buy list anymore, though I will buy them at a bargain prices anyway.

2 more 180's for me:
    Jaipur, swapped the EdT and then bought the EdP - it's now my ultimate barber shop, comfort scent.
    The other:
    Caron's 3rd Man; I found myself, all of sudden, in love with the anise note which previously, I loathed.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd December 2007 at 10:33 PM.

Black XS...I thought it was disgusting...like rotting fruits on the trash....but i resampled it two weeks ago and, when the head notes are away, it dries down into a wonderful ambery scent...i kinda love it now....