Code of Conduct

Default Synthetics and a new frag

I am really excited about some synthetics I just procured from perfumersapprentice.com and a new fragrance I'm developing with their help. Green tea has always been a note I especially have loved,but struggled to get it right from a natural source( absolute). It always tended to to be too "vegetal" to my liking. Enter Givaudan's green tea base.....wowser....just enough vegetal with the hard to find fresh tea sweetness and aura...incredible stuff. I bought it ,so I might as well use it in something, right?

I hardly ever get things right the first time, so, after trying and dumping a few variants, I think I have made something special(to me anyway). I combined tobacco, hay, styrax, sandal and patchouli in the base. Went with some exotic florals, jasmine sambac being one of them,and ambergris tincture in the heart. For the top notes I went with the afore mentioned g. tea with some of the abs and mandarine and bergamot with a touch of cinnamon. Right now it smells like a cross between Cartier's dragon and Creed's tabarome millesime. It definately is unisex and so far ....... wonderful. As usual , I only made 1 oz, so if this sounds like something you would like to try, be quick about requesting a sample.

p.s.- Synthetics are awesome in tandem with natural ingredients

Default Re: Synthetics and a new frag

Green Tea Givco is such a beauty, isn't it! Love the stuff. It's really powerful too; just a little can blossom overnight and take over, not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily ;-)

Try their Green Ivy too if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by caribou55313 View Post
    Green Tea Givco is such a beauty, isn't it! Love the stuff. It's really powerful too; just a little can blossom overnight and take over, not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily ;-)

Try their Green Ivy too if you get a chance.
    The ivy is on my list of things to try. As far as the g. tea goes, A little goes a long way through the entire fragrance.

Ah, how did I miss this? I'm always interested to try something you've made, James. Is there any left?
    "Ad astra, per alia porci."

id also be very interested to test it out as I am working on some perfumes myself

Warning: do NOT apply this over Diesel's Fuel for Life.

I first tried this the day I got it from James--that night, to be more exact. A friend and I were in his neck of the woods to go to a nightclub, and he dropped them off with us over lunch. I had put on some FFL earlier in the day but it had mostly faded by the time we were about to go into the club, so I decided to try this. All night long, we were catching whiffs of something that smelled like a belch. A nasty belch. Turns out it was me. Bad combination.

BUT I tried it again a few days later, right out of the shower. It's actually really nice. Not at all overpowering, the kind of thing that will make people ask, "what smells good?" Not the kind of thing I'm likely to wear often, but it's definitely different from anything else I've got, and the rest of the sample won't go to waste. =)
    "Ad astra, per alia porci."