Code of Conduct

Default Your thoughts on Egoiste Platinum

it seems it's one of those colognes that either you love or hate. i had a friend in which Egoiste Platinum smelled great but i bought it once but i didnt think it was anything special on me, maybe skin chemistry or something. Well what do you think about it?

Default Re: Your thoughts on Egoiste Platinum

I think it's a lovely fragrance -- lasts forever on me. I keep meaning to buy a bottle, but never seem to get around to it. In any case, this frag gets "dissed" a lot here on Basenotes. Why? I'm really not sure.

All that said, though, the name choice was HIGHLY inappropriate, as this one has about as much in common with Egoiste as Body Kouros has in common with Kouros.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
    it seems it's one of those colognes that either you love or hate.
    Some days I love it and some days I hate it. It has a different drydown on me depending on the weather.

great frag..about to go buy a bottle today..one of the best drydowns..

I didn't like it. It has a metallic, '80's component to me in the drydown that makes it uncomfortable for me to wear. To me, this is what David Hasselhoff was wearing being Knight Rider and driving KITT.

Hasselhoff smelling the Egoïste Platinum on his wrist.

I do have a 99% full mini that I would like to swap for some other mini, though.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 23rd December 2007 at 07:11 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

A bit too metallic for me, but in all, a great fragrance.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

It is my favorite, no other cologne I wear fetches the attention PE does. Women just love how it smells on me, in fact my boss's wife smelled it on me and went ga-ga over it. My boss now wears it too.

I'm still undecided. It obviously has great sillage and longevity, but something about it makes me feel its a bit contrived and a bit superficial. However, I will agree with the compliments, but I wonder if it is more just a function of its sillage.

I can't stand it. It's such a strong metallic smell. I gave it a good 6 hours on my skin before washing it off and I still didn't like it much better then the minute I sprayed it on my wrist. That one spray was so strong when I sprayed it too...

I love it.

Platinum got me the best compliment I ever got from someone at a party... I like it a lot. I agree on the different drydowns depending on the weather too. Summer time seems to work the best for me with this frag.

Good, but IMO pales against the original.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Love it, used up two bottles through the years, and working (slowly) on a third. The wonderful drydown is worth the harsh opening.

PE is without a doubt a great fragrance but nevertheless it lacks something, a certain "je-ne-sais-quoi", that the original Egoiste has.

Its one of my staples... I simply won't be without it!

It's a great fourgère that has some semi-oriental qualities to it, smells nothing like the original, but they are so different that it's not fair to compare the two.
    I love it and wear it frequently, but it's a sillage monster on me so a few sprays are all it takes to be ok for a day.

Interesting.
    I was out shopping yesterday and I tried some PE on a card, some sprayed on my hand by accident. Later, at TJMaxx, I took a spray of Eau de Grey Flannel on my other hand. I thought it odd that they seemed similar and I thought it was just my sensory overload. I later read the reviews for EdGF which decribes a "metallic note"and now this thread describes PE having a metallic note.

Thumbs up Re: Your thoughts on Egoiste Platinum

It's definitely an attention getter with the lady's, but as others have noted it really has nothing in common with the original. I would definitely recommend it as a staple for your collection and I prefer it over the original but I'm in the minority on that recommendation.

It smells like Himalaya stripped off most of its energizing cool accord, mixed with a slightly bitter note of sorts. It shares 75% of its DNA with Himalay and XS pour homme for sure.

It smells good. I don't understand all the "OMG!! Itz SmeLLz CrAPPy and SynTHEITCZ !!" comments lashed onto this one.
    -

My farther and my mother think that it is one of the best scents for men
    I think it's great, it's still modern. It will be modern for decades. One of the best scent ,,ordinary" men could like.
    Some 10 years ago I had two bottles. I do not use it anymore. It's my past...
    It's wonderful in spring. Early spring mornings and Egoiste Platinum....
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel