Code of Conduct

Default Basenotes Experts, Help me locate a Specific Bottle Please

I was given an amazing bottle of cologne back in 1998.....i remember the smell being overwhelmingly sweet but with a musky edge to it. I have no idea who produced it or created it. but I remember the packaging for the cologne(since it was and still is the most unique bottle i have ever seen).

the bottle is a replica of a Hand Grenade(colored dull green). The top of the bottle is an actual grenade pin.

If anyone can help me out and let me know what is the name of this cologne or at least who makes it(even if it is discontinued or not), i would be very grateful.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Default Re: Basenotes Experts, Help me locate a Specific Bottle Please

Hmmm - I don't remember something like this for men, maybe you mean Flowerbomb for Women by Victor and Rolf?

- Tomer
    Currently hooked on: Gucci Envy, Armani Code and L'eau ST Dupont

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Hmmm - I don't remember something like this for men, maybe you mean Flowerbomb for Women by Victor and Rolf?

- Tomer

I thought he said that bottle that looks like a grenade was dark green in colour. Flowerbomb is purple. Besides did Flowerbomb even exist in 1998?

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post

- Tomer

i looked that up before but no that wasnt it........

the bottle i got looked like an actrual grenade with a big pin on top.......i'm not 100% sure it was a male perfume, possibly could have been unisex.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Almost sounds like an Avon??? They sometimes have specific "theme" bottles.

Never smelled it, but during my various clicking through a lot of websites including eBay, I remember seeing it, and there were different versions of it, like a "Blue" version or maybe a "Red" version. It wasn't a common house or designer, but all I can tell you is that it's still available in the world--at least there's still hope for you to acquire one when you finally stumble upon it.

Sorry, pal, couldn't help much, but good luck!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    Never smelled it, but during my various clicking through a lot of websites including eBay, I remember seeing it, and there were different versions of it, like a "Blue" version or maybe a "Red" version. It wasn't a common house or designer, but all I can tell you is that it's still available in the world--at least there's still hope for you to acquire one when you finally stumble upon it.

Sorry, pal, couldn't help much, but good luck!
    thank you for your help...if you come across anything like that, can you please link me to it?
    --------------------------------------
    it literally looks almost just like this....without the extra handle on top....but with a pin.

Last edited by acceptfacts; 23rd December 2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did it come in a wooden box? That was my memory of it.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    Did it come in a wooden box? That was my memory of it.
    i'm not sure .....but i think it might have.....i was just looking up Avon and couldnt find anything remotely similar to it.

Basenotes Institution

When I read the post I immediately though of something from AVON I remember from my childhood.

Most likely there is some resource at AVON that you could contact, who has the list of all of the discontinued scents from Avon..?

There is a cologne called "Cease Fire" that came in a Hand Grenade shaped bottle. The one I saw at a local perfume shop in the mall was silver though. Maybe that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    When I read the post I immediately though of something from AVON I remember from my childhood.

Most likely there is some resource at AVON that you could contact, who has the list of all of the discontinued scents from Avon..?
    i am going to do that right now.....damn it....i broke that bottle as well...i should have been smart enough to take care of it just for the unique packaging alone.

I know which cologne you're talking about, I saw it in Parfumerie when I went there. Unfortunately, I won't be back there for a couple of days, but if you still haven't found it by then, I would be more than happy to write down the name for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    i think you are right.....i believe the name is Arsenal, though the bottle was not purple but green.....so i'm not sure if it is a different scent alltogether or just different packaging....because i did see that company produce Arsenal Blue as well...

either way, you are amazing for helping me find something i never would have on my own....and i will immediately order the product just to see what it is.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    I know which cologne you're talking about, I saw it in Parfumerie when I went there. Unfortunately, I won't be back there for a couple of days, but if you still haven't found it by then, I would be more than happy to write down the name for you.
    that would be great if you could do that...thank you in advance.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 23rd December 2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Man, nsamadi beat me to it, but it sounds much like Gilles Cantuel's "Arsenal". I looked for a "green" scent, but they don't seem to have any.

On a slightly different direction, could it have been Versace Green Jeans: http://www.bigdiscount.com/fragrance...d=8934&sub=men If you squint your eyes it kinda looks like a grenade.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 23rd December 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    You are not your perfume.

I'm not sure if it is...but my best guess.....but it says Arsenal Grey..but for some reason the bottle is purple colored..could be an error...don't know. Maybe the grey comes off as being a bit like a muddy dull green color like a grenade that you were talking about...

anyways..don't want to steer you in the wrong direction...just my best findings...hope you find.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 23rd December 2007 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I'm not sure if it is...but my best guess.....but it says Arsenal Grey..but for some reason the bottle is purple colored..could be an error...don't know. Maybe the grey comes off as being a bit like a muddy dull green color like a grenade that you were talking about...

anyways..don't want to steer you in the wrong direction...just my best findings...hope you find.
    lol...just to make sure...i ordered Arsenal Grey, red black and blue.

Thank you everybody for chipping in and really helping me out

I do believe the name of the fragrance is Arsenal.....Gary

It was some time ago on a Russian fragrance market.
    I have no idea about the producer - but the name was influenced by Hemingway novel A Farewell to Arms, but in French.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The Cologne you looking for is : Clandestine Cease-Fire,
    unfortunetely its no longer on maket, the best thing you can do is visit a few old parfums stores/kiosk may be in the malls. Thats where I was able to find mine. You right its a fantastic cologne came in a army design can and grenade bottle. I give you the barcode number may be it will help you . 025957020901, of that the actual item number is 02090 , Good luck with . The company web address is www.parfumsclandestine.com item Ref # 02090
    Zip Code for company Ny 11040. Im also in search of it got one so far. Good Luck. Rob

Basenotes Junkie

I hope the op has either found it by now or has stopped looking considering the thread is from 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    i hope the op has either found it by now or has stopped looking considering the thread is from 6 years ago.
    lol!

Basenotes Plus

His bottle finally arrived a couple of days ago encased in a meteor... they kinda fudged up the delivery address, though.

well... lets see, he said he got it in 1998, but he was still looking for it in 2007, thats 9 years after the original date, so I say yes chances are , an other 6 years after that he could find my info useful... beside I only read that post the other day .

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ghost1rider View Post
    well... lets see, he said he got it in 1998, but he was still looking for it in 2007, thats 9 years after the original date, so I say yes chances are , an other 6 years after that he could find my info useful... beside I only read that post the other day .
    You're right, he could still be looking. I was just having alittle fun with the post. I've actually done the same thing, read a thread and then realize that it's like 10 years old. Welcome to basenotes ghost1rider.