Code of Conduct

Talking Yessss Those 80's

Hi all it feels good to post here again. Ive been caught up in nursing school. But I still try to smell good. I'm a little dissapointed in blind purchasing M7 last month, I just do not like that scent at all. It bugs me, and my current gf says it smells like a rainforest burning???? Anyhows I just wanted to post and tell people my thoughts on what Ive come to love over my past 3 years of collecting colognes. THE 80's SCENTS ARE BY FAR THE BEST. Don't get me wrong the 90's has classics too, but i just adore walking by a girl and wafting obsession in her face, or getting caught in a subway train and contaminating the whole train with FARENHEIT, or becoming a Greek God and owning the world with KOUROS, or polluting the atmosphere with a pink liquid. I'm sorry friends and foes, but i think ideas are getting scarce in the fragrance industry......I demand indivualism and screaming scents, where did they go? They remained in the KARATE KID years. With Sloth spraying antaeus all over his body. Anyways I thought I'd share my love for the 80's p.s. im 26 and if anyone has any notes on Boss #1 i'd love to know this is another 80's scent ive yet to discover......... any fans out there....if so hit fill me in with some things....thanks a mill and happy holidays to all. --Joe

Default Re: Yessss Those 80's

Anyone here with much 80's fragrance love owes it to themselves to try Lagerfeld's KL Homme ('86). It's got an Obsession for Men vibe to it, but different enough to warrant owning both.
    Discontinued but still available, get it while you can!
    Last edited by knightowl; 24th December 2007 at 05:26 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

You need Salvador Dali pour homme, too. 80's to the MAX. My now hairy chest was bare before I sprayed this stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    You need Salvador Dali pour homme, too. 80's to the MAX. My now hairy chest was bare before I sprayed this stuff on it.
    Agreed. It might even put a gold medallion necklace over that hairy chest!
    Last edited by knightowl; 24th December 2007 at 05:29 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

You dig Dali PH? Me too, and if so you've got to get some Carlo Corinto. The original, named just Carlo Corinto. And some Fendi Uomo. Just imagine the heaven it must have been when all these scents came out at about the time. Scent lovers probably hated it. Said all these heavy things are so gauche and killing everything. Then again, they probably said FINALLY! instead.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    That's odd - I think it partially killed the hair on my chest.
    Renato

Don't forget Gianfranco Ferre for Men (the original), Versace L'Homme, the original Burberry's for Men (IF you can even find it), JHL (a given, granted) and Trussardi Uomo. All of these are hairy chested Eighties power frags that should at least be tried once.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM MATT, PAUL, ELLA & CLEO:
    http://www.jibjab.com/sendables/view...glfMVtFl3ijRn1

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Iquitos, the 2 Portos, Bois Noir, Fair Play, Cellini, what's not to like?

i'll be checking them out when i get the chance, thanks for bringing the 80's back ;-) I'm gonna go piss off santa

I am 25 and share your scentiment for 80s scents!

My favs: Drakkar, Claiborne for men, Sung Homme, Escada Homme, Lacoste, Cool Water, Obsession, Fendi Uomo

Amazingly, these are all pretty cheap! Oh, also BdP. That's not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by twinbee View Post
    I am 25 and share your scentiment for 80s scents!

My favs: Drakkar, Claiborne for men, Sung Homme, Escada Homme, Lacoste, Cool Water, Obsession, Fendi Uomo
    Sung Homme has been pretty much a love/hate scent around here over the years. I think it quite addictive.
    Renato

Boss Number One
    Obsession for Men
    Drakkar Noir

Life in the 80's without them would have been meaningless for me.

I've tried to like Caron Third Man based on my recent purchase of it. I just can't get into it. It, along with M7, make me ill. They are both on my swap list now!

Cacharel pour L'Homme and Bel Ami by Hermes. Two of my all-time favorites.
    You are not your perfume.

OMG!! My friend came to visit me not too long ago. He usually always wears the same cologne. This night I noticed he had on something different. It was familiar, but I just couldn't figure out what it was. Finally I asked him. I had to know what it was that was making me tingle all over....giggle.

I couldn't believe it when he told me what it was. I remember loving this cologne so much when it came out that I wanted to wear it. It was ....Drakkar Noir!!!! He smelled so good. Let's just say that at the end of the night I got my chance to wear that cologne.....tee hee.

Yeah....gotta love the 80's
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

How about Basala which was released in 1993, but comes on like the last of the eighties blockbusters? And let's not forget the seventies which gave us Yatagan, L'Eau Trois and Azzaro PH among other classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Sung Homme has been pretty much a love/hate scent around here over the years. I think it quite addictive.
    Renato
    I agree. For some reason I can't trade my almost full EdT, I think I like that cool purple color.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

To be honest, I'm not huge 80's fragrance fan,(have worn most , been there, done that)
    BUT recently I got a bottle of Francesco Smalto for my bday. I didn't like it , smelling the bottle , but sprayed on, it was much better !
    Very 80's. Giorgio Red for men , or the first Ungaro for men , with leather came to mind.

My most-worn scent during the 80s was Jacomo de Jacomo. It was really my signature, and helped to separate me from all the masses wearing Drakkar Noir!

thanks for the drakkar tips.i need to get around to smelling it. my brother has it stored away somewhere. My other brother just told me yesterday that Tiffany for men smells awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Go get youreslf some original Hugo Boss like your thinking its potent and you wont be dissapointed,, I agree with most if not all others mentioned as well ,, But also consider Van Cleef & Arpels and Oscar Pour Lui .. cheers .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43