Code of Conduct

Default Creed: Silver Mountain Water or Himalaya?

I imagine this is not the most helpful post ever, but after a long time I decided to buy another Creed for my collection. I have been trying to avoid the Creeds that are somewhat similar and decided to choose only one of each similar type. I have narrowed the decision to Silver Mountain Water and Himalaya.

At the moment I am pending towards the Silver Mountain Water. It is strange because the first time I tried it I almost hated. But now the so-called "ink" note and the pleasant drydown, with the good logevity, have made me think this is a great scent to wear and probably one of the most versatile I will own.

The problem is that I keep thinking if perhaps Himalaya wouldn´t be more modern and easy to wear.

What do you think? Would you choose Silver Mountain Water or Himalaya?

Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed: Silver Mountain Water or Himalaya?

Silver Mountain Water. It's my next Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

I love SMW. One of the best and most versatile Creeds imo. Had Himalaya but sold it...a little too floral (to my nose anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

I Love my SMW
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

If XS were not around, I'd say get Himalaya. But since there is probably a 50/50 chance that you would find them very similar, I'd suggest going for Silver Mountain Water, as nothing is quite like it.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I found Herrera for men to be very similar to SMW. When I bought SMW blind, I knew it reminded me of something and after I did a head to head comparison, I'm inclined to say they give the same feel, albeit SMW is a bit smoother and well rounded.

Either case, I still think SMW is a more versatile scent.
    Last edited by lasta; 24th December 2007 at 02:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    I love SMW. One of the best and most versatile Creeds imo. Had Himalaya but sold it...a little too floral (to my nose anyway).
    This is the exact opposite of my opinion.
    Himalaya If I'm not mistaken has no/few floral notes, it is a fresh, citrusy, lightly woodsy, and surprisingly quite musky cologne. If applied heavily, the musk virtually dominates the drydown completely.
    Silver Mountain Water IMHO is the Creed that's unisex leaning feminine, it's a clean unisex scent, and a very good one.

Herrera and SMW are nothing alike IMHO.

SMW is kind of an odd ducking I thought, the tea notes are just superb, but the black currant note really stands out and I personally do not like it but others seem to love it. That particular note can either be great or kind of spoiled in SMW depending upon the vintage I have noticed.

Himalaya is well done as well as are most Creed's but the scent is kind of artificial with black pepper driving the bus.

With all that said I like SMW better.

Post Thanks / Like

Of the two I would choose Himalaya. I didn't like SMW at all.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly dislike the top/middle notes of SMW, but the drydown is magic!
    I dont know if Im ready to drop a small fortune on a bottle for just the drydown though...
    Himalaya is nice, but i prefer SMW (though fleetingly) over the Himalaya.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a full big bottle of Himalaya which i don't wear a lot. I find it overloaded with 'ambergis'. Whenever i wear it, i liberally spray myself to get decent longevity out of it and this makes the 'ambergis' in it really stand out during the 1st hour or so. So i am in a kind of dilemma with Himalaya....average spraying = poor longevity, over spraying = ambergis bomb.

I have been longing to buy a bottle of SMW for a while now..have been on the swap board for it for about 2 months now i think..Didnt get to see any SMW there...the only ones that were there lasted for a few minutes i think coz they got swapped/sold immediately....I have a vial of SMW though which i sniff off and on and i love it...I dont know how it will behave when sprayed but i love it from the vial....

My verdict is go for SMW.
    I am also awaiting delivery of Hampton and hopefully that should curb my longing for SMW to quite an extent.....

gupts