Code of Conduct

Thread: GIT on ebay?

Default GIT on ebay?

I was looking at the prices of Creed's Green Irish Tweed on ebay and they all seem ridiculously low, considering that Creed is usually rather pricey. Is this just because GIT is the most popular Creed scent so there's a ton out there, or are these fake creeds?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ty=MetaEndSort

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: GIT on ebay?

Caveat Emptor. If it seems it is too good to be true it usually is too good to be true. The uninformed bargain hunter is readily exploitable. Etc. etc etc
    Last edited by kbe; 30th September 2007 at 07:34 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Do a search here, alot of info on fake Creed.

IF I was to buy off of Ebay, I would probably do it with an Ebay seller who is actually a retailer and has a store. IF though.......
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Most of them are FAKES... The ones that u see in $30-$50 price range they're all fakes...
    Like Matty said, if you were to buy it from Ebay, get it from retailers, like Scentmonkey, Allshewants, etc...
    If I were you I would just get it from Scentiments

But you never know, sometimes a good deal pops up every now and then, the other day I saw a GIT falcon up there

Blog Entries

I did an ebay search for Silver Mountain Water, & it seems like all of those are cheap as well!!! I'd definitely stick to to etailers (or even brick & mortar stores) when it comes to Creeds.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Since I am from Bulgaria(a small and very poor country on the balkans) I dont have the opportunity to buy a Creed frag because they don't sell niche fragrance in the frag stores and there arent any niche boutiques(like the Creed one in Paris,lol).So I decided to order SMW via a friend of mine who was in the USA for the summer.So she ordered it on 1 September and then had to go to NY so her friend went to take it from the local post(they were somewhere in Oregon I think).Then they flew back to Bulagaria, but with different flights and her friend didnt open the package in which the frag was shipped.When they got back her friend opened the package(carefully sealed with many wrappings) and found that the bottle was broken and the hole liquid had leaked out!!!!She was very frustrated cause her own parfumes were in the same suit without even their original boxes and they were in excellent condition.Unfortunatelly I had expected somthing of that kind(cause i read the negative feedback of the seller b4 telling my friend to buy SMW and 10-15 of the comments were about a broken or a leaking bottle),so I told her that it's not her fault.I havent received yet my broken bottle so I cant tell you if the frag was fake or not,but i cant tell you one thing for sure DONT RISK YOUR MONEY ON THOSE CHEAP CREEDS.IT'S NOT WORTH THE RISK.(I am not complaining but I have to work like 3 days to earn these 50 bucks ,so it pretty hurts when u know somebody have cheated you in such a cheap way)Sorry for my poor english.

NO! Don't buy cheap Creed!

I trust Scentiments about as much as I could trust an online retailer, and I even suspect that THEIR GIT and MI's are old enough to not smell like I think they should.

I've been sent fake GIT from an ebay seller, who luckily refunded me when I made paypal put the heat on them. The price was $50. If you go this low, (or even worse, lower) you're just asking to get burned.

I'm a bargain hunter extraordinaire, and I WILL NOT buy GIT or MI from anywhere but the official Creed retailers. This is about the only thing I hold this policy to. There is just too much counterfeiting, old product, and improper storage conditions going on in the "grey market" to risk getting tainted versions of what I consider to be two of the greatest fragrances of all time.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Creed Direct is the most reputable Creed seller on eBay.

And rule of thumb, never NEVER buy ANY Creed 4.0 oz on eBay. Other sizes are generally ok, IMHO. And be wary of GIT and SMW... I got stuck with Green "Frich" Tweed, but if that happens to you and you complain, they'll refund you immediately (if they're a high volume seller).

Hope that helps.

95% of all GITs on ebay are fake.. as are Silver Mountain Waters. If you see something like an Acier Aluminium that is quite cheap, it's probably real and just not selling for as much as it's worth But those other two, buy them elsewhere.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Yeah, that's what I mean....

I don't think there's enough of a market to justify faking something like Acier Aluminum or Zesty Mandarine Pamplemousse or Ambre Cannelle...They are just too obscure.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah