Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Work, Play, and Love

Hello All!

This newbie would like to know your top fragrance recommendation for work, play, and love. I've already learned a lot in the short time in the community, and your collective wisdom is much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Work, Play, and Love

My Love. Rose 31, Envy, SMW or Bvlgari Black, Rive Gauche.
    My Play. Happy, Comme des Garcons Soda, CK Be, Paris Hilton, Erolfa.
    My Work. Signoricci, Rive Gauche, Yang, Blue Label, 212.
    Last edited by irish; 15th December 2007 at 04:48 AM.

Off-Scenter

Work: L'Homme Sage, Santal Noble, Amouage Reflection
    Play: Silver Mountain Water, Fou d'Absinthe
    Love: Nuit Noire, Musc Ravageur, Muscs Koublai Khan, or Idole

I've always felt equally at home at work/play/love, so the frags I wear day to day fit me at all avenues.

I'd be most likely to wear Kouros, Antaeus, Aramis or Chanel PM Concentree' for the LOVE portion

I'd be most likely to wear Kouros, Vera Wang PM, or Aramis for the WORK portion

I'd be most likely to wear my entire collection [pitiful though it may be] for the PLAY portion.

As far as i am concerned, what makes me feel good is right at the time. That's all that I need.

Post Thanks / Like

A response to your question from a different angle.

My own selection creed (no pun intended)

Work: Be considerate to your clients and work associates. Wear stuff that wears close to the skin and is pretty universally popular -- in other words, not too far out there that it might be offensive to someone or hard for someone else to smell! (Unless of course you want to be known as the "cologne guy" or 'turn off' your clients)

Play: the stuff YOU love to smell.

Love: In cases where your love interest has already said that they like a particular scent -- keep wearing that stuff ... and buy a backup bottle. If you are in a relationship and don't already know the stuff your SO likes/dislikes...starting asking her/him. In cases where you are 'looking for your next SO' wear stuff that has brought compliments in the past from members of the sex you are trying to attract (excluding parents - they usually like whatever you are wearing just because it's being worn by YOU). Also, be careful with the stuff that is "loud". It would be a shame to miss out on an opportunity just because someone was repelled by your cologne/perfume.

General guideline -- when in doubt, apply less rather than more -- especially with the stuff YOU really love.

Cheers!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Felswoop View Post
    Hello All!

This newbie would like to know your top fragrance recommendation for work, play, and love. I've already learned a lot in the short time in the community, and your collective wisdom is much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Dale
    I work from home, but if I didn't:

Work: Oltre ( complex and austere, yet fresh )
    Play: Cuir d'Iris ( sophisticated and sparkling, yet warm )
    Love: Whatever my lover wants! Fragrance is too invasive to be inconsiderate when intimate.

Work: Chanel no. 5 , classy, elegant, beautiful and appropriate
    Play: Bandit, raunchy and unconcerned of what others think
    Love: Madame X , very sensual, warm and deep

Work: Fifi Chachnil, light, feminine, pretty
    Play: Jicky, friendly
    Love: Tabac Blond, seriously naughty

My Man:
    Work: Third Man (anytime) Blenheim Bouquet
    Play: Himalaya, Gris Clair,
    Love: Antaeus, Bois du Portugal, Voleur de Roses, Jean Patou Pour Homme Prive
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Work: Ambre Canelle, Kouros Fraîcheur, Bois du Portugal

Play: Whatever I feel like. Anything is appropriate. I sure do like Habit Rouge though

Love: Kouros, Musc Ravageur, Black Orchid, Black Aoud but ultimately whatever my lady loves even if it is nothing, as what is the point if she doesn't like how I smell?
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Post Thanks / Like

Work: Omnia Crystalline
    Play: Coco Mademoiselle
    Love: Lolita Lempicka
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

I don't really differentiate -- rather, I wear by mood. But if I had to generalize by type of fragrance . . .

Work -- L'Artisan, Santal // BPAL, Dorian // Hermes, Eau des Merveilles

Play -- Admittedly, I'm a grad student so this is the larger portion of my life Anything goes. CdG, Avignon over Skin Musk (or alone, if I'm feeling austere and unfriendly) // Demeter, Tobacco // Ebba, Miss Marisa

Love -- NR, For Her // Montale, Black Aoud // Robert Piguet, Fracas. But this depends on my intent -- Black Aoud is all about making me sexy, and the other two would be geared more toward luring the bf into my tawdry web.

I mix them all up, though. Just depends on how I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

I love hearing what you would wear for these different scenario's. I want to try Jicky and some of the others that have been mentioned, esp. the ones for play and love. Work...ughghgh. I understand though ;-)
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

I like Mikey Q's approach. Most of my collection works in all situations, however, this is how I would categorize them:

work: caleche/caleche eau delicate, irisia, timbuktu, first (old formulation)
    play: la chasse aux papillons, chamade, vent vert, iles d' or
    love: aimez moi, pour un femme, 24 faubourg
    Last edited by seattlelight; 28th December 2007 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Work: Paco pH, Equipage, Guerlain Vetiver, Kouros
    Play: M7, Polo Crest, Fendi Uomo, Kouros
    Love: Kouros, Envy