Code of Conduct

Thread: Pine + Lemon?

Default Pine + Lemon?

I'm not a big fan of pine scents. They're a little too strong for my taste. Yet when I went to buy a xmas tree yesterday and got pine tar on my hands, the pine tar and residual smell of the Harris Arlington I had splashed on before I left, smelled amazing.

So to the cognoscenti, anyone know of a cologne that smells of pine and citrus?

Default Re: Pine + Lemon?

Check out Monsieur Balmain, thought its a little more on the lemony side of things ... and Versus is a beautiful marriage of the two imho.
    Last edited by bront82; 24th December 2007 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Bowling Green
    Acqua di Selva
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

It's cedar rather than pine, but you've got to try Creed's Bois de Cedrat if you haven't already. Lemon and cedar galore. I wore it one morning when I had a hang-over and I swear to god, it almost healed me.

Thumbs up Re: Pine + Lemon?

If you don't mind spending, and want real pine and real citrus/lemon:

Creed Epicea.

and I also strongly 2nd Bowling Green. Strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    It's cedar rather than pine, but you've got to try Creed's Bois de Cedrat if you haven't already. Lemon and cedar galore. I wore it one morning when I had a hang-over and I swear to god, it almost healed me.
    If you want cedar (and no chaser) then Christian Lacroix Tumulte PH is for you.

Try Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or Trumper's Wellington.

I'd go for Blenheim Bouquet or Creed Epicea.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Good old Agua Brava
    dirt cheap - and quite good
    like an Christmas outfit wearing just once
    Vetiver The Great!!!

A third for Blenheim Bouquet
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Bowling Green, Blenheim Bouquet and (best of all) Versace Versus

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I agree with The_Good_Life: Blenheim Bouquet or Epicea.
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    Check out Monsieur Balmain, thought its a little more on the lemony side of things ... and Versus is a beautiful marriage of the two imho.
    I second that. People don't seem to wear it much anymore, but it used to be wonderful.

I bought Bowling Green recently because I remembered it smelling nice many years ago and because it's recommended on Basenotes for a pine and citrus scent. Well, I don't notice the pine in it at all. I put three sprays on today and while it smells nice I dont get the smell I was hoping for which was a crisp, fresh pine forest aroma. I think the dry down of Bowling Green is very similar to Drakkar Noir which I prefer. While Rocabar is cypress and not pine I think the opening is much more forest like and I welcome the changes Rocabar goes through from opening to dry down.

A 6th for Blenheim Bouquet.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Bowling Green is my recommendation as well.

Eau de Rochas Homme starts out with citrus combination of orange and lime that is fresh and smoothe. The fragrance evolves through a dry spice stage that is uplifted by pine needles. The citrus is always present even through the drydown which is very piney. Citrus and dry spice + pine . . . divine.

Passed by Penhaligons in NYC today and tried the Blenheim Bouquet. It smells exactly the way I want it to smell for 15 minutes. Then it disappeared (hey, where dya go?). Then two hours later this medicated powder smell (Gold Bond) comes out of nowhere, stays for short time but thankfully disappeared.

I'm gonna finish out the sample, but it doesn't look promising.

I'll pass by the Creed store to give Epicia a try.

Quadding or quinting (not paying attention to how many people have said it) Creed's Epicea

Thumbs up Re: Pine + Lemon?

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
    Passed by Penhaligons in NYC today and tried the Blenheim Bouquet. It smells exactly the way I want it to smell for 15 minutes. Then it disappeared (hey, where dya go?). Then two hours later this medicated powder smell (Gold Bond) comes out of nowhere, stays for short time but thankfully disappeared.

I'm gonna finish out the sample, but it doesn't look promising.

I'll pass by the Creed store to give Epicia a try.
    If you like the first 15min of Blenheim Bouquet, you really need to also try Bowling Green before buying Epicea. Seriously. Don't sleep. Bowling Green might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by levente View Post
    Try Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or Trumper's Wellington.
    Perfect choice - and great houses too !!
    Invisible Power

Blenheim Bouquet

The issue of pine has re-surfaced in a recent thread, "Ultimate pine for a 23-year old"
    I'll add to the list of those liking
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    Eau de Rochas pour Homme

They are excellent lemon-pine combo's.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Anyone remember lacto pine