Code of Conduct

Default What is your favorite variety of Axe?

Just kidding. It was actually a friend explaining to me that "You really don't want to smell like something that costs four dollars" that got me interested in scents to begin with. Thus far I'm the proud owner of a 4.2oz bottle of John Varvatos, which is already close to half empty, and a 3.2oz bottle of Animale Animale for Men, which I got as an early Christmas gift. This Animale Animale is very riotous smelling since I'm used to the classy John Varvatos notes, I'm still testing it and I'm not sure if I really like it or not yet, its just way more strong than I'm used to.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to ask, how or why did you get interested in smelling awesome?

Default Re: What is your favorite variety of Axe?

There was some guy in one of my classes who kept getting comments on smelling nice from all of the fine women and I got jealous.

Actually, through Axe Eau de Toilette.

It smelled so much better than the linear, 1-dimensional Deodorant / Bodyspray. The Eau de Toilette actually had top, middle and basenotes. I think it can hold its own to many of the mass-oriënted Eau de Toilettes from 'somewhat more respected houses', and I still wear it on days when working from home.

Today I sprayed a tester of 212 Men on my left hand and realized it's really almost the same scent as the older, discontinued Axe Apollo. I sprayed some Axe Apollo deodorant (still had a small bottle in posession) on my right hand and yes, it's very, very, very similar. Looked up the fragrance here on Basenotes and yep: both created by Ann Gottlieb.

I agree Axe Deodorant is associated with boys' locker room smells and Bom Chika Wah Wah-commercials, but really, their Eau de Toilettes are quite good. Try it next time you have the chance. Might not be Creed, but it's definitely another league compared to Axe Deodorants.

OT: while I haven't tried any Creeds yet, I do think much of the hype is caused by it's price and exclusivity. Although I'm sure they also smell nice in the end.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 25th December 2007 at 01:28 AM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

My fave are the midnight deodorant and the Snake Peel body wash. I like the snake peel body wash I use it for myself even though I bought it for my boys, age 10 and 11. *I'm their mom, LOL.

It was Lynx for me (which apparently is what they call Axe here in Australia), though in a different way. In high school, every boy seemed to have Lynx Africa, or Lynx Apollo, or Lynx somethingorother, and I didn't want to smell like them at all, since the combined effect of 1500+ adolescant boys wearing the same scent is quite....obnoxious I guess. From then on, it was a quest to find something that didn't smell like anything else, but made me feel fantastic!

I think axe phoenix is the best out of them all, and its great as a deodorant spray.

Axe Apollo is very, very like Herrera's 212 Men. The Axe deodorants do smell very linear, but you should try the after shaves and EdT once with an open mind.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Axe Click (called Lynx click here !) I started using it as soon as it came out, but two weeks later, everyone was using it, since then, I haven't used a single bit of Lynx.

The cool funky bottles got me into 'proper' fragrances, then I suppose, I just started liking them. My parents have always been semi-fragrance enthusiasts.

Touch

I like UNLIMITED the most

Apollo was the shit, followed by Tsunami. Oh, those middle school days in gym class...

Although I hate most Axe body sprays, the new Axe 3 is actually pretty good, it's 2 bottles with 2 different(well they arent that different) fragrances, called Axe 1 and Axe 2. You spray them simultaneously and it creates " the Axe 3 fragrance". It's actually quite good, and smells like a decent cologne, as long as you don't spray too much. The rest of the Axe line is garbage except maybe Kilo. Anyway my interest in cologne started when I realized Axe is garbage and most girls hate it anyway, and my brother buys colognes/collects samples a lot, and I tried some of his colognes and they smelled absolutely great! At the time, there was a cologne warehouse sale nearby, so my family decided to check it out and I went along. Being new to the fragrance world, I smelled Ferrari Black and it was just amazing and there was a 125mL for only 20$!! I bought it and ever since then my love for fragrances has grown and my collection has become wider. Btw, I'm only in high school so I like smelling different from the other Axe/Tag/Right Guard/Adidas fanboys

I use Unlimited as a companion deodorant for Burberry Brit, Le Male and B*Men. It has this creamyness to it.