Code of Conduct

Default Best Victoria's Secrets Perfume?

Which is the nicest one? I'm frm the UK and am hoping to order one as we don't have VS over here.

Which one(s) are the nicest perfumes by VS?

I tend to like dessert/pink sugar type fragrances

Default Re: Best Victoria's Secrets Perfume?

A friend of mine wore Amber Romance. It's not the most complex fragrance out there but it does have a spicy edge and I find it pleasant. For its price, it has a strong resemblance to Montale Ginger Musk.

My favorite VS perfume has been discontinued.....So In Love (you can still find it online). It's so beautiful and perfect for the cold months. I also wear Very Sexy For Her 2. I don't really care for the other perfumes. They only other scent I use from there is Love Spell. I use that to mix with my sweeter perfumes such as Lolita Lempicka, D&G Light Blue, Magnetism and Magnetic Beat to name a few.

If you like sweet, then Love Spell is good. Alot of the come and go scents are sweet. I try not to buy those cause I get hooked and then they get discontinued. I hate when they do that. So In Love is like a musky, spicy, rose type scent. Very Sexy For Her 2 is like a fresh floral to me.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I like Heavenly and Desire but those are kind of powdery floral/musk scents.
    I agree that you might like Amber Romance. Also the Vanilla Lace is very Pink Sugar-like.

Since you are new, I have to ask the question:
    Have you ever stepped outside the "department store" lines of fragrance?
    There are so many beautiful perfumes in the world.
    Please re-visit this forum some day, and tell us what you like at the department store.
    The people here will steer you toward some samples that will amaze you.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 24th December 2007 at 01:39 PM.

I vote for Heavenly. Its really the only one from VS that I really enjoy. Now for the splashes, Strawberries and Champagane is wonderful. :-)
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Another vote for Dream Angels Heavenly. I think it's their most popular?
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

I love Body by Victoria the most for their perfumes. For the body sprays, I like "love spell" because it is just simple but sweet...reminds me of sweet tarts. If you feel like being innocent that day I guess. The strawberries and Champagne hair conditioner will leave your hair smelling sinfully good. I have to admit.

a fling use to wear something called love, awakening i think its called
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

I just got some samples from VS but haven't tried them yet (they came free with an order I placed). Probably take me a week so I can devote a full day to each scent

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Since you are new, I have to ask the question:
    Have you ever stepped outside the "department store" lines of fragrance?
    There are so many beautiful perfumes in the world.
    Please re-visit this forum some day, and tell us what you like at the department store.
    The people here will steer you toward some samples that will amaze you.
    I'm new here and have actually stepped up to dept store fragrances. Is there something wrong with dept. store fragrances that I should re-visit this forum after I have sampled scents on my own without the benefit of asking advice on this forum now?

Are those samples you will steer us to more expensive than dept. store fragrances? Because if that is the case then it will be years before I post here again...lol.... At the moment those dept. store fragrances are a big splurge for our budget.

Cailan some of us have been wearing perfume for a looooong time. So, we are always in search of something new and off the beaten path. We all love perfume of any kind whether it came from the local drug store or some exclusive boutique that you have to get an appointment just to sniff.

There is nothing wrong with dept store frags. I wear many of them, but sometimes you get tired of folks smelling like you do. Body chemistry sometimes gives your frag a unique spin, but you still smell like most of the folks that wear the same frag. When you get into frags seriously, then you too will seek out the elusive and exclusive. The wonderful thing about being a member here is that you don't have to break the piggy bank for perfume. You can buy samples of many perfumes and there are members who will decant perfumes for you as well.

I have a budget like most folks, but lucky for me I work in a place where I can get all the OT I want. This allows me to indulge every now and then. You can do like I use to. I would buy a nice frag for my birthday and at Xmas. When folks ask you what you want, say a gift card to your favorite place to buy perfume. This Xmas I bought myself Delicious Night, Elixir des Merveilles, and Belle en Rykiel. I worked hard to smell good though LOL!! Another thing I do is at the end of each day I take all the change I have in my pockets and I put it in a jar. Every year for my birthday I take the coins to the bank and get the cash and go buy myself some perfume with that money. Ther are all kinds of little things you can do to support your wonderful new habit without getting the lights cut off.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 30th December 2007 at 06:07 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

My favorite is Halo, but that is also rather soft and musky.

A friend gave me Amber Romance in a lotion...very nice!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    There is nothing wrong with dept store frags. I wear many of them, but sometimes you get tired of folks smelling like you do. Body chemistry sometimes gives your frag a unique spin, but you still smell like most of the folks that wear the same frag.
    Lol....that (and the $$) is why I haven't been tempted too much by dept. store fragrances. Most of them smell like perfume and similar to my untrained nose. I "thought" I was upgrading to dept. store perfumes but after reading more extensively the forums I have to agree with Purplebird7. There's more than that. I'm looking forward to trying the Michael Storer and Madini oil samples I'm getting.

I love my lemon verbena and sweet rain for everyday wear, but I'm looking for something with more depth. Like when going out with my husband or when I'm feeling particularly sophisticated. With 3 kids it's not an every day feeling so I want something special.

I used to like Rapture...
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cailan View Post
    I just got some samples from VS but haven't tried them yet (they came free with an order I placed). Probably take me a week so I can devote a full day to each scent

I'm new here and have actually stepped up to dept store fragrances. Is there something wrong with dept. store fragrances that I should re-visit this forum after I have sampled scents on my own without the benefit of asking advice on this forum now?

Are those samples you will steer us to more expensive than dept. store fragrances? Because if that is the case then it will be years before I post here again...lol.... At the moment those dept. store fragrances are a big splurge for our budget.
    Hi Cailan,

You can smell scruptuous and elegant - and different - at prices cheaper than Department store scents - so many classic perfumes have been sadly shoved to the side to make room for the new glut of celeb scents, that you can score gold - online at various discounters. Just check threads here about which discounters NOT to order from - there are plenty recommendations for great places to make purchases.

Check the top 5 Scrooge scents thread too:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=202988

Everything for under 25 bucks!

And Divatologists suggestions are great too - gift cards and the change jar
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 31st December 2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: addition
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya