Code of Conduct

Default Extra Vieille EDC ?? Jean Marie Farina

Looking through some very old stuff I had stored at my grandfather's house, I came across a complimentary Pan-AM shaving kit from the 1980s. In it was a small bottle of Jean Marie Farina by Roger & Gallet. I really like this scent and started looking for it online.

What I found was this: http://www.amazon.com/Vieille-Farina...sim_bt_title_3

What does "extra veille" mean?

Since I have the aftershave and not the "Extra Vielle" EDC, I was wondering if it is likely to be the same thing. Mine smells like lemons, thyme, and rosemary. It is very light and it dries down to an extremely arid and subtle cedar with something else, maybe grapefruit. Its a "classic" cologne meaning weak and citrusy.

I don't have any experiences with "classic" eau de colognes so any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Extra Vieille EDC ?? Jean Marie Farina

I wasn't aware there used to be an AS. Anyway, Extra Vieille means "extra old," i.e. matured (an important process for quality EdCs). Farina by R&G is certainly one of the best out there, especially at the price. EdC is the "default" version, and you're right, the basic EdC recipe is citrus oils, orange blossom and rosemary. There's a few threads on basenotes dealing with classic EdCs which you might check out. If you like this, then Guerlain's Eau Imperiale, du Coq & all the others should also be to your liking.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Extra Vieille EDC ?? Jean Marie Farina

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I wasn't aware there used to be an AS. Anyway, Extra Vieille means "extra old," i.e. matured (an important process for quality EdCs). Farina by R&G is certainly one of the best out there, especially at the price. EdC is the "default" version, and you're right, the basic EdC recipe is citrus oils, orange blossom and rosemary. There's a few threads on basenotes dealing with classic EdCs which you might check out. If you like this, then Guerlain's Eau Imperiale, du Coq & all the others should also be to your liking.
    I agree with everything that you said here, i only wish it would last a little longer on my skin!
    Extra Vieille makes me happy, that's good enough for me.