Code of Conduct

Default I screamed Jingabell...

Okay, that was over the top, I didn't scream but sang so merrily.

My latest purchase arrived this morning, but I was so busy I got a chance to try them in the afternoon. Now they are on my arms and wrists.

1. John Varvatos -- at the first sniff, I thought to myself "Another sweet creamy scent?" But then, the leather starts to show up and the scent becomes lighter in the middle note. I even thought the scent had gone! But I waited and sniffed again, and oh, I am in love with it. What a sexy leathery scent! A bit sweet, warm, sensual, but overall very attractive. It boosts the mystery of a man, and a class of its own. I find this similar to Aigner Suede Edition, but sweeter. Vanilla and Black Leather work together so well in the drydown. Lovely indeed!

2. The Third Man -- I was really excited before I sprayed it. I was afraid it would smell too much of a gentleman scent in the 80s. I, however, woke up my courage and sprayed it on my wrist, then waited for 5 seconds and finally moved my arm towards my nose. Ah, so intense, so powerful I almost choke. But at the time I did already smelled class in the bottle. And I knew I had to wait, just wait for its base notes. As I kept sniffing, I really felt like I had smelled this before. But of course, never had I tried it as Caron wasn't available here in Thailand until 6 months ago at the Mist1000 parfums shop, and the Third Man is not imported. Perhaps, I got a whiff of it from a tourist. Anyway, as time went by, the scent turned to a flowery bomb, so smooth and refined. If I didn't know it was first came out in the 80s I would have thought it came out after 1996. It's not an old scent, it's a classic which will surpass the matter of time. It immediately goes up to my top 10 along with Varvatos. And I would consider it a first choice for business meeting.

3. Carlos Santana -- What a fanciful box! And since the packaging is red, I had a feeling it would be sweet like other boxes with the word "rouge" on them. (yes, I also read reviews). This one didn't get me that excited. I sprayed it on my left arm and so abruptly the sweet, fruity aroma hit my olfactory perception in a good way. It's really refreshing and would not offend anyone. I would compare this to Nikos (red juice), which I own. However, Santana is smoother. It doesn't contain the spicy note like Nikos. It's very easygoing and I see 'smile' when I smell it.

I have no idea about their longevity. But after 3 hours of application, Varvatos seems to be the strongest one as of now. I applied them in about the same amount. Will sure give them a full try later. I really want to wear Varvatos tomorrow but no, it has to be BODY KOUROS for Grant!!!

Last edited by KiatBkk; 26th December 2007 at 02:20 PM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: I screamed Jingabell...

Congratulations dude... good choice on the Varvatos.. on my skin I get a really magnifiscent creamy drydown with a VERY prominent "dates" note for which it's famous for

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Congratulations dude... good choice on the Varvatos.. on my skin I get a really magnifiscent creamy drydown with a VERY prominent "dates" note for which it's famous for
    Hi Javagreen, I see that you have Aigner Black! Which one do you prefer between Black and Varvatos? I like both and undecided. Aigner makes good leather scents! Yummy and sexy. You should try Aigner Suede Edition if you could.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Hi Javagreen, I see that you have Aigner Black! Which one do you prefer between Black and Varvatos? I like both and undecided. Aigner makes good leather scents! Yummy and sexy. You should try Aigner Suede Edition if you could.
    It's a tough job deciding between Aigner Black and John Varvatos because just like you, I like BOTH of them a LOT ... but if it really got down to making a choice between these two, i'd go with Varvatos, mainly for its sexy 'dates' note.. I just wish it lasted longer though, I only get about 2-3 hours per application

I'vs sampled Aigner In Leather Man (Seude edition) .. it's excellent.. just that cK Euphoria Man (which I have) has a nice seude note which smells exactly like the one in In Leather Man.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    It's a tough job deciding between Aigner Black and John Varvatos because just like you, I like BOTH of them a LOT ... but if it really got down to making a choice between these two, i'd go with Varvatos, mainly for its sexy 'dates' note.. I just wish it lasted longer though, I only get about 2-3 hours per application

I'vs sampled Aigner In Leather Man (Seude edition) .. it's excellent.. just that cK Euphoria Man (which I have) has a nice seude note which smells exactly like the one in In Leather Man.
    I haven't tried Euphoria yet but will soon do and see if I'd find any similarities.

Well, on me Varvatos lasts longer than 6 hours. I will give a full wearing later. Yesterday, I sprayed once on my wrist and after 6 hours it was still there, even more prominent than The Third Man, which was sprayed at the same time.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I hate to do this, but the phrase is "Jingle Bells" and not "Jingabell". No offense.
    You are not your perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    I hate to do this, but the phrase is "Jingle Bells" and not "Jingabell". No offense.
    Thanks Nicolas. It was a spelling Thai people make. I know how to spell it correctly. No one seems to get this joke, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

My bad.
    You are not your perfume.

Talking Re: I screamed Jingabell...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    My bad.
    No, no, no. Not bad. It is good when you want to correct something.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto