Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for College?

Hi everyone, I am a new member and I was wondering what everyone would recomend for college students. I would like to know what you guys think for a day fragrance when I am in class and a fragrance for when I am out and about. I currently am using ck fragrances because I got them as a gift but I am wondering what else is out there and what you guys would recommend.

Thanks,

Default Re: Fragrance for College?

I guess it sort of depends on your gender. If you choose not to disclose, I guess we could recommend some nice unisex fragrances -- but perhaps that is not your personality.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

oops sorry im a male around 20 years old.

not ADG, wayyyy to many people have it

Geir

try HUGO BOSS XY..its really something! fresh and naughty...lol

For in class fragrances, I recommend something that isn't overpowering. You might think of something like Creed Neroli Sauvage....it's pretty light but nice smelling. You could also do Green Irish Tweed since I assume very few college students would be wearing that.

For evening fragrances, you could pick something that has a little more kick to it. If you haven't tried Angel for Men, go and smell that one. You could really like it (or hate it). Also, look at Bois du Portugal which is a great fragrance. Just my two cents.

Floris Santal and Penhaligon's Endymion.

I'm in college, too. My wardrobe is pretty tiny (not much disposable income as a college student! yipe) so I don't have a lot to choose from. I wore Prada all the time this last semester, pretty much every day. It seems innocuous enough- though most of the people who noticed my scent asked if I was wearing patchouli... I guess I give off the hippie vibe.

I also can't really get into scents that I don't find really interesting- I don't like things that just smell clean and fresh, so it's hard for me to gauge if I'm offending anyone because I think my taste is inherently kooky. I'm also of the female persuasion if that helps. I just got samples of all of the DelRae frags and I lovelovelove Bois de Paradis and Amoureuses but they are sooo spendy. I wish they had smaller sizes or a sampler pack or something.

I'm also a 20 y/o male college student. Here's my lineup:

DKNY Be Delicious Men: Has gotten me a lot of compliments, is my regular fragrance, seems casual enough for work, but I still feel good wearing it out.

Issey Miyake Leau D'issey Pour Homme: Pleases the GF, I like to wear this on nights out.

Gucci Envy for Men: I haven't worn this one in awhile, but I still have a few female friends who like this the best out of all of the colognes I've worn/tried.

Angel A*Men: I really like this one, but grabbed it off of e-bay, and one day it just started smelling terrible. I will probably grab this again when I have the money to get it off sephora.

Some others I'll be looking into:

GuessMan: Just kind of a clean scent, good for work, nonoffensive, but not going to grab compliments.

Burberry Brit: Also smelled nice, but haven't yet gotten a bottle (College student )

Sean Paul's Unforgivable: Wore this for a brief period, well worth a try imo.

Aqua di gio and John varvatos.

I gotta say, there is one previous comment that I think is key here. You are going to be in class. Therefore I agree that you should be aware of the other noses around you. Also you are looking for suggestions for all occasions/times of day. For these two reasons I'd recommend learning the Penhaligon's lines. If you were going to go with one, I'd agree with the previous post- Endymion would work well anywhere, anytime. Racquets would accomplish this too. Endymion is a little sexier/spicier, Racquets is a little sportier/citrusy floral.

They have a great starter/tester kit of 4 miniatures which includes Bleinhein Bouquet/ Opus 1870/ Endymion/Quercus. It's relatively affordable at around $50 and you'll get to try 4 scents. (Racquets is not available in this kit but definitely worth asking them for a sample vial.)

I really like the house because the scents are AMAZINGLY well blended and still subtle (this is where the respect for others comes in) Anything from them will allow you to be "the guy who smells nice" without being "that guy who always wears cologne".

They basically range from traditional (refined) in feel to contemporary(hip) in feel.
    My personal take on their current men's line is:

Blenheim Bouquet (most traditional)
    Opus 1870
    Hammam Bouquet
    English Fern
    Douro
    Castile
    Endymion
    Racquets
    Quercus (most contemporary)

Good luck! Get to class.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Just Like Everyone Else:
    Curve
    Acqua Di Gio
    Armani Code
    Abercrombie Fierce
    Jean Paul Gaultier
    Body Kouros
    Cool Water
    Very Sexy for Him

Not Like Everyone Else:
    Jaguar Performance
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Clinique Happy
    M7 Fresh
    Creed Erolfa
    Penhaligon's Endymion
    Bond No.9 Wall Street
    --------------------------------------
    argogos, do you work for Penhaligon's? lol

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    I gotta say, there is one previous comment that I think is key here. You are going to be in class. Therefore I agree that you should be aware of the other noses around you. Also you are looking for suggestions for all occasions/times of day. For these two reasons I'd recommend learning the Penhaligon's lines. If you were going to go with one, I'd agree with the previous post- Endymion would work well anywhere, anytime. Racquets would accomplish this too. Endymion is a little sexier/spicier, Racquets is a little sportier/citrusy floral.

They have a great starter/tester kit of 4 miniatures which includes Bleinhein Bouquet/ Opus 1870/ Endymion/Quercus. It's relatively affordable at around $50 and you'll get to try 4 scents. (Racquets is not available in this kit but definitely worth asking them for a sample vial.)

I really like the house because the scents are AMAZINGLY well blended and still subtle (this is where the respect for others comes in) Anything from them will allow you to be "the guy who smells nice" without being "that guy who always wears cologne".

They basically range from traditional (refined) in feel to contemporary(hip) in feel.
    My personal take on their current men's line is:

Blenheim Bouquet (most traditional)
    Opus 1870
    Hammam Bouquet
    English Fern
    Douro
    Castile
    Endymion
    Racquets
    Quercus (most contemporary)

Good luck! Get to class.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 22nd January 2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost