Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Yatagan arrived in time for Christmas, and now, time for re-gifting

I'll do exactly that. I have heard of Candian Customs seizing articles with cologne. Just up and did not deliver it and dont know that I can track it. Im willing to try
    --------------------------------------
    Galamb Boolong, send me your address. You really took the time to associate the notes and maybe you dont like it, but the research is commendable.

Gonna send it regular parcel post at the post office, and as NearFantastica suggested, make some noise with it. They dont do delivery confirmation (I shipped to Canada before) but I do get a Canadian customs form usually. Hope that works.

Sam
    Last edited by finsfan; 28th December 2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd like it primarily because I'm going into independent perfumery and am trying to acquaint myself with as many scents as possible. The primary problem with that is a poor location (Macy's is the biggest cologne distributor around and that's over an hour away) and limited finances at the moment (ah, school.)

As many others, I too would only take a small amount for myself and pass the rest on. It's just that Yatagan is a classic and I've always been of the mind that one should know what has come before, before trying to innovate, whether it be in the field of perfumery, music, literature, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I'll do exactly that. I have heard of Candian Customs seizing articles with cologne. Just up and did not deliver it and dont know that I can track it. Im willing to try
    --------------------------------------
    Galamb Boolong, send me your address. You really took the time to associate the notes and maybe you dont like it, but the research is commendable.

Gonna send it regular parcel post at the post office, and as NearFantastica suggested, make some noise with it. They dont do delivery confirmation (I shipped to Canada before) but I do get a Canadian customs form usually. Hope that works.

Sam
    Sam,

There is always the scare of a bottle confiscation when shipping over the border, though Im sure that many US/Canadian basenoters will tell you... these instances are rarities..

That being said, to avoid the unknown, since it is in fact a gift... you might want to send it to US based recipient as it is a safer.. just my two cents, anyway,

a.

Good point. I offered it to him, so he will get the choice to decline it or not. It is packed up, ready for me to add his address and walk it to the post office. If not him, then a US guy and I have one in mind. Sorry I was not more original in the contest, just trying to pass along the good fortune I received.

Congrats to the winner and congrats to Finsfan....I think this is a great idea, regardless of how you decide to "pay it forward".

Indeed, congrats Galamb. Had it been my contest I would have chosen you as well - your post was insightful and well written. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Indeed, congrats Galamb. Had it been my contest I would have chosen you as well - your post was insightful and well written. Enjoy!
    Thank you!