Code of Conduct

Default Bond No 9 alternative to Creed's SMW?

Can anyone recommend a Bond that's similar to SMW? With all the talk about how they've copied Creeds--but with better results!--I'd like to consider purchasing that version.
    Thanks!
    RM

Default Re: Bond No 9 alternative to Creed's SMW?

Hamptons is the one you want.

Better results? Thats highly debatable.

But yea, Hamptons has the blackcurrant thing going on.
    -

Man, Hamptons is indeed definitely the one. The first time I sampled it I was blown away. ..as I was with Silver Mountain Water. There is alot of debate about which one is better. My initial impression was that I liked Hamptons better. I own both and my opinion has changed a couple of times but down deep ...if I find myself really wanting that edge in making an impression, Hamptons is the one I reach for. From what I've experienced, SMW contains a little more of that citrus note in addition to the currant, etc... from the get go anyway, that was so popular in the 90's...and even still. Hamptons seems to be a stronger more masculine take. My nose for some reason picks up a sort of "hotness" such as some cinnamon added to the mix along with some grassiness. Alot of people say that the SMW is more pungeant, and I may agree. The Creed Millesime quality is really hard to beat. But then again, the high concentrations Rhahme (sp) uses are up there as well. Of course, she worked for Creed so I'm sure she had a very knowledgeable background on how to match or even exceed their quality. I've gotten awesome compliments from SMW but the compliments I've gotten with Hamptons has been more like "what in the WORLD is that smell??"..in a GOOD way. It's sexy and really does capture the Hamptons in my opinion...not that it smells like the Hamptons if you go there and take a whiff...but more of the "rich" qualities that make it up. It smells really rich and money...and it's totally different than what you'd ever find at a dept. store. I heard one guy describe it as reminding him of old books mixed with the salty sea air...and a crisp white captains hat sprawled out on the teak wood deck of a yacht. I think it's simply more the image it conjures up in the mind of the person while taking in a whiff of it's intoxicating qualities. It's truly sexy stuff...in a somewhat casual manner...another described it as a scent a rich young lawyer might wear while driving his little porsche convertible through the Hamptons countryside...I don't know ..these are just thoughts from some of us who have tried it but I think you'll like it if you try it out. I myself am not rich by no means but I really appreciate the notes and quality of this fragrance for sure.

i believe scent of peace has black currants, but you could buy dolce and gabanna light blue women or clinique happy heart and get the exact same perfume...i shit you not! To me these three scents smell almost identical. I know these are not mens colognes, but scent of peace is classified as unisex, so i dont think it matters .
    Last edited by jdnba; 27th December 2007 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith001 View Post
    Man, Hamptons is indeed definitely the one. The first time I sampled it I was blown away. ..as I was with Silver Mountain Water. There is alot of debate about which one is better. My initial impression was that I liked Hamptons better. I own both and my opinion has changed a couple of times but down deep ...if I find myself really wanting that edge in making an impression, Hamptons is the one I reach for. From what I've experienced, SMW contains a little more of that citrus note in addition to the currant, etc... from the get go anyway, that was so popular in the 90's...and even still. Hamptons seems to be a stronger more masculine take. My nose for some reason picks up a sort of "hotness" such as some cinnamon added to the mix along with some grassiness. Alot of people say that the SMW is more pungeant, and I may agree. The Creed Millesime quality is really hard to beat. But then again, the high concentrations Rhahme (sp) uses are up there as well. Of course, she worked for Creed so I'm sure she had a very knowledgeable background on how to match or even exceed their quality. I've gotten awesome compliments from SMW but the compliments I've gotten with Hamptons has been more like "what in the WORLD is that smell??"..in a GOOD way. It's sexy and really does capture the Hamptons in my opinion...not that it smells like the Hamptons if you go there and take a whiff...but more of the "rich" qualities that make it up. It smells really rich and money...and it's totally different than what you'd ever find at a dept. store. I heard one guy describe it as reminding him of old books mixed with the salty sea air...and a crisp white captains hat sprawled out on the teak wood deck of a yacht. I think it's simply more the image it conjures up in the mind of the person while taking in a whiff of it's intoxicating qualities. It's truly sexy stuff...in a somewhat casual manner...another described it as a scent a rich young lawyer might wear while driving his little porsche convertible through the Hamptons countryside...I don't know ..these are just thoughts from some of us who have tried it but I think you'll like it if you try it out. I myself am not rich by no means but I really appreciate the notes and quality of this fragrance for sure.

After reading your review here, its become harder for me to wait for my Hampton bottle to be delivered. It won't be until the 1st week that it will come. Until then i my curiousity would just be amplified reading such reviews. I bought Hampton blind after reading about its similarities with Creed SMW. I have longevity problems with a lot of Creeds is why i thought of checking out the Bond line.

Have bought Chez Bond, Hampton, Wall Street to combat the Creeds and also bought Eau de New York, Bleecker Street and Riverside Drive for their own virtues.

gupts

I certainly don't want to get your hopes up too much but yeah I do think you'll like it. I like the topnotes really well but the drydown is my favorite part. It's good stuff for sure!

You might also want to try Silver Factory, it's not exactly a dead ringer like Hamptons, but better than both scents.