Code of Conduct

Default The Many Faces of Eve sample giveaway

My Fellow Eves,
    Lally inspired me with her sample game and I got carried away decanting this morning.
    The result is that I have put together a marvy sample pack decanted from my wardrobe that I have named, "The Many Faces of Eve."
    They are, simply, scents that have been named after a particular woman. Eight in all, I list them below:

Jicky by Guerlain
    George Sand by MPG
    Fifi by Fifi Chachnil
    Eau de Camille
    by Annick Goutal
    Coco by Chanel
    Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie by Creed
    Anne' Pliska
    Madeline by Ava Luxe (okay maybe this one is named for a pastry but it's a woman's name)

The only one of my collection named for a woman I did not include is Mitsouko, not much left of her and I am in hoard mode.

I was tickled by the thought of what inspires a perfumer to name a scent for a woman. (in a few cases it may be narcissicism )

So I am ready to send this womanly pack out to the first basenoter who can tell me the names of the three main women in Anais Nin's novel "Ladders to Fire."

Here is an excerpt:

"You are almost transparent there, like the mist of the perfume you are throwing on yourself. Throw more perfume on yourself, like a fixative in a water color. Let me have the atomizer. Let me throw perfume all over you so that you won't disappear and fade like a watercolor."
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: The Many Faces of Eve sample giveaway

What a lovely gesture. I have four names of the women in this book, wasn't sure which you were excluding as not a major player:

Lillian
    Sabrina
    Djuna
    Jay

Hello Scent Serenade!
    You win.
    I was thinking Lillian, Djuna, and Sabina, since I am pretty sure that Jay is a man.
    I think the character of Jay was based on Nin's experiences with Henry Miller.

pm me your addy and I will send your package on its way this weekend.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 26th December 2007 at 11:46 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Yippee! I actually have not sampled one of those scents. Jicky I smelled once, on a card, but I don't think that really counts.

I'll PM you now!