Code of Conduct

Default Another sample give-away contest

Thought I would start my own:

I will make three decants of whatever scent I have that you are interested in. I don't have a massively marvelous collection, but I'm sure there must be something that someone has been interested in trying, probably someone who is newer to perfume.

Question: What is the primary problem with humanity, according to Eckhart Tolle.

I have an answer already that consists of three words, but the closest in essence to that will win - if you're not dead on!

Default Re: Another sample give-away contest

ego mind consciousness?
    Last edited by beachroses; 26th December 2007 at 08:35 PM.

Hmmmm...some of the right words, but the three words I was thinking are more of a sentence. It doesn't have to be the three words I mean, so if you wanted to summarize what you meant by the three words you stated....

"In real life, one must look out of the window." Eugene Ionesco, The Bald Soprano
    Last edited by beachroses; 26th December 2007 at 08:53 PM.

You are soooo close. All the things you mentioned are the symptoms of this one thing happening, which is.....?

Identification with mind.

"The greatest obstacle to experiencing the fullness of being is identification with mind. This delusion causes thought to be compulsive. The resulting unending mental noise then prevents the experience of inner stillness and true being. This identification also results in a false, mind made self that lives in fear and suffering. Identification with mind results in a dualistic reality that fills perception with labels, judgments, and words, that blocks all relationship. This state of unconsciousness forms a barrier between you and yourself, you and others, you and nature and you and God. This is the illusion of you as totally separate from others."
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 26th December 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I edited my post down to one quote, because I think it says it all. Much of humanity is ruled by the ego, so they can't see, can't be still and hear the voice of the spirit, can't live in the moment, which is all we really have. I think that was his concern, but I didn't study him.
    --------------------------------------
    I was typing that when tvlampboy made his post. If "identification with mind" is the answer, I humbly concede, because I wouldn't have used that phrase. Parts of the mind are egoless.
    Last edited by beachroses; 26th December 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

From my angle, the primary problem with humanity seems to be a lack of it.

tvlampboy nails it

Beachroses I have to give a prize to as well because there was such an effort put out.

If you could both message me and let me know the types of scents you like and the one's you really don't like, I'll send you a list of what I have available for decanting.

Congratulations, tvlampboy, and thanks so much, ScentSerenade! But I am simplifying my samples this year, my ego has too many, hehe. I just enjoyed playing and getting to know you, that is a gift in itself... and by the way, welcome to basenotes!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    From my angle, the primary problem with humanity seems to be a lack of it.
    Another good way to put it, Michael!
    Last edited by beachroses; 26th December 2007 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Received the Habanita, Bigarade Concentrée and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau decants a few days back.

Am always fond of Habanita, and that sexy Twenties vamp needs no introduction here. As with Shalimar (another Twenties potion marketed to women only), Habanita works wonders on my testosterone-saturated skin.

BC surprised me with its remarkable similarities to the seldom discussed Eau Torride by Givenchy. (Really, for me, it was like an orange-y Eau Torride, with just a bit of skank.) Very pleasant stuff, but also very unlike any Malle I'd yet sampled.

The L'Ombre Dans L'Eau was very like a civilized/less hairy chested version of Cerruti's 1881 -- all about greens and roses, roses and greens. I think of it as a Tea Rose for men, in a way. Very interesting Diptyque, this one.

Thanks again, ScentSerenade!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 10th January 2008 at 01:12 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]