Code of Conduct

Default What would u choose between these 2 fragrances?

Hi there just got home from shopping, was in the fragrance department of my local department store and sampled a few fragrances as im looking to get another one for my collection, I sampled quite a few different fragrances but i narrowed my favourite 2 down to " Gucci II Pour Homme" and "Sean John - Unforgiveable" just wanted some opinions to which 1 of these two is probably more sexy and nice scent? At the moment im prolly leaning towards the gucci .. the sean john one smelt abit weird when i first sprayed it then it got beter where as the gucci smelt awesome straight away and got better .. thought i would get some opinions from u experts here first b4 i go buy one in the next few days
    thanks in advance

Wink Re: What would u choose between these 2 fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by holdenguy View Post
    Hi there just got home from shopping, was in the fragrance department of my local department store and sampled a few fragrances as im looking to get another one for my collection, I sampled quite a few different fragrances but i narrowed my favourite 2 down to " Gucci II Pour Homme" and "Sean John - Unforgiveable" just wanted some opinions to which 1 of these two is probably more sexy and nice scent? At the moment im prolly leaning towards the gucci .. the sean john one smelt abit weird when i first sprayed it then it got beter where as the gucci smelt awesome straight away and got better .. thought i would get some opinions from u experts here first b4 i go buy one in the next few days
    thanks in advance
    I'd buy a new keyboard (with a shift key that works reliably and consistently) before I even thought about buying fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What would u choose between these 2 fragrances?

I have a large bottle of Sean John and a sample vial of Gucci II.

I like both, and am looking forward to buying Gucci II. So, in case that you like both, get one of them first and another later. Good idea, isn't it? LOL.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried Gucci pour homme II but i have read that it is one of the biggest disappointment of the New releases during the year 2007.

Sean John Unforgiveable is a good scent IMO. It shares vibes with Creed Millesime Imperial and Bond Wall Street. It has good longevity and smells good after about 5 minutes of spraying. I think if it doesnt smell too good due to excessive alcohol during the first few minutes, it should not be a deciding factor that makes you tilt towards the Gucci. What is more important is which scent smells better during the drydown.

The top notes disappear anyways after the first few minutes. I like the fruity, lemony notes of Unforgivable. My vote goes for this obviously.

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

First, I would ignore Nitromusk's gratuitously unnecessary post, and second, I would solicit the opinions of a few willing female companions on which of the two is more sexy--such opinions should influence your deliberation. I think the ladies enjoy Unforgivable.

For what it's worth, Gucci PHII is probably most effective as a cold-weather fragrance, and is often recommended as such.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromusk View Post
    I'd buy a new keyboard (with a shift key that works reliably and consistently) before I even thought about buying fragrances.
    This is a perfect example of what I've been talking about. Why even make comments like this? Was Santa 'that' bad to you? Do you have a cyst that needs lancing? I don't see 'any' need for responses of this kind. There are all types of people on this board. There are those with very high levels of formal (I use this term loosely) education and those that are not as well written as others. Having good command of the written language is not a stamp of superiority over those who don't. The point of the original post was clear and I'm sorry you had problems comprehending it. Who do you think you are? You're a frag geek on a board, like everyone else here (myself included). Enough of this already... it's sickening.

Ps. For those who responded to one of my other posts on board 'jerkism' with "I don't see much of it on here", well voila.. a brimming example.

a.
    Last edited by NearFantastica; 27th December 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
    This is a perfect example of what I've been talking about. Why even make comments like this? Was Santa 'that' bad to you? Do you have a cyst that needs lancing? I don't see 'any' need for responses of this kind. There are all types of people on this board. There are those with very high levels of formal (I use this term loosely) education and those that are not as well written as others. Having good command of the written language is not a stamp of superiority over those who don't. The point of the original post was clear and I'm sorry you had problems comprehending it. Who do you think you are? You're a frag geek on a board, like everyone else here (myself included). Enough of this already... it's sickening.

Ps. For those who responded to one of my other posts on board 'jerkism' with "I don't see much of it on here", well voila.. a brimming example.

a.
    Agreed. This is part of the reason I stopped being an daily/hourly visitor. I'm not sure how a 3 week tenure earned him the right to police what is acceptable board punctuation. This isn't the place for that.

To answer the poster's question, it's a hard question. I haven't smelled Unforgivable (well, I'm sure I have in passing), but I have a decant of GPHII. I like the Gucci and think you'll find less commonly worn, but to me it's a bit fleeting and almost too creamy, if that makes sense. I absolutely love Creed Millesime Imperial and Bond Wall Street and people have said the Sean John is similar to those, so I have a feeling I would prefer that one.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are leaning toward the Gucci Pour Homme II holdenguy then get it. Don't get a fragrance that you don't really like, just because we here on Basenotes like it.

Personally I like neither fragrance - but that doesn't mean you won't like them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: What would u choose between these 2 fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromusk View Post
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt...

Ignore Nitromusk....this isn't English class

I have Gucci pour Homme II so I am quite partial to it. I also have Creed Millesime Imperial so Unforgivable doesn't smell as good to me anymore....I'm a big Creed fan. Anyway, my vote is for Gucci, but I agree that your vote is much more important.

Make it Unforgivable -- one of the only "celebrity" frags that doesn't suck.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

gucci pour homme 2
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.