Code of Conduct

Cool Any ideas on a female scent that I should wear around my ex?

I plan on seeing my ex, after a while of just talking and e-mailing as "friends". He's actually going to be nice enough to fix my computer next week...but part of me can't help but think of what fragrance to wear, so that he'll be sorry that he ever decided to just be "friends". When we were together, I wore JPG Classique EDT, RL Ralph and Hanae Mori...none of which he ever commented on. I haven't worn anything else around him, since I was not nearly a fragrance addict as I currently am. We still are good friends and I don't plan on getting back into that drama, but I guess it's just an ego thing. Am I bad?? Plus, he always smells amazing in Polo Black, so I think it's also a competition thing. Just wanted your suggestions, gentlemen.

Thanks so much!!

Default Re: Any ideas on a female scent that I should wear around my ex?

Reading between the lines here:

he's an ex-boyfriend, not an ex-husband
    he dumped you

From what you've said, it sounds like he may well be interested in a restart (don't know what you've got till its gone). If you're really good friends, I would not send mixed signals. Review clearly what happened and decide if its a good idea before you get together. If you do want to restart the fire, I'd go back to the Hanae Mori. If you don't, then leave sleeping dogs lie (as in the fix the computer part may simply be a premise to see you again).

If I'm wrong, then ignore me. But these 'little games' have consequences.

from your wardrobe: Flowerbomb
    in general: Fracas

From your wardrobe: Allure
    In general: Ysatis or Fidgi

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I could die for the smell of Flowerbomb on the right girl

Flowerbomb is really nice. I'd wear that one. The fact that you didn't wear it around him might also communicate that you've moved on.

Good luck!
    You are not your perfume.

Add me to the Flowerbomb brigade - my wife smells very sexy when she wears this!

In general, I think you should try Tabac Blond. If you can pull it off, imo, there is nothing better on a woman!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Small spritz of YSL Cinéma will do the trick as well.

If you want to kill him, use several spritzes.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 28th December 2007 at 04:32 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

i'll tell you the single scent that had me open like a 7-11.....

Eclat Lanvin.....completely irresistible, aphrodisiac smell......i dont care if the dude is gay, if you wear that perfume, he will be hugging up on you before you can say Basenotes.net
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by bashful_in_newyork View Post
    He's actually going to be nice enough to fix my computer next week...
    What a good dude.

but part of me can't help but think of what fragrance to wear, so that he'll be sorry that he ever decided to just be "friends". ... We still are good friends and I don't plan on getting back into that drama, but I guess it's just an ego thing. Am I bad??
    Yes. Very low class move to pull. Typical immature girl type of shit. You do not deserve the suggestions of these good people.

I'd go with Allure, ultra sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    Yes. Very low class move to pull. Typical immature girl type of shit. You do not deserve the suggestions of these good people.
    Is he joking? Wearing a nice fragrance for a bit of a confidence/ego boost around an ex? I'd call that human nature. It's not like she asked the President for instructions on waterboarding???

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    Lighten up, Francis!

As for a scent, I am really loving Mitsouko right now.

Ugh, chicks.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post

Is he joking? Wearing a nice fragrance for a bit of a confidence/ego boost around an ex? I'd call that human nature. It's not like she asked the President for instructions on waterboarding???

Ged
    Thanks, Ged. Not phased by that comment at all actually - thank God I have a sense of humor. LOL

I would suggest you get something new, something great and something he wouldn't expect to smell on you. See if he notices. And if he does notice and wants to know what it is, be enigmatic: this? Gee not sure what this is!?

Coco Mademoiselle was my thought from your wardrobe, it looks like the men weigh heavily in favor of Flowerbomb.

If you have access to it, Fifi Chachnil could be perfect. Girly, flirty, lighthearted, sexy.
    If I thought it would get to you in time, I'd send you a small decant for the sake of girly solidarity, chick! If you want this, pm me tonight. Going to the Post Office in the morning anyway. NJ to NY.

and yeah, this urge is just human nature, isnt' it?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Coco Made
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

Never knowingly smelled it but your very expensive Flowerbomb sounds just right. Make him 'bleed'!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Cool Re: Any ideas on a female scent that I should wear around my ex?

Quote Originally Posted by radix023 View Post
    Reading between the lines here:

he's an ex-boyfriend, not an ex-husband
    he dumped you

From what you've said, it sounds like he may well be interested in a restart (don't know what you've got till its gone). If you're really good friends, I would not send mixed signals. Review clearly what happened and decide if its a good idea before you get together. If you do want to restart the fire, I'd go back to the Hanae Mori. If you don't, then leave sleeping dogs lie (as in the fix the computer part may simply be a premise to see you again).

If I'm wrong, then ignore me. But these 'little games' have consequences.
    Jeez, radix! You're insightful and bright, but you obviously have a lot to learn about screwing up your life.

Now let's see-- He wants to just be friends. Something we men never say, until after we've had our lustful way with you, and something women always say to men whom they perceive as nice enough, but as boring as dishwater--before it gets anywhere near the bedroom.

Ego huh?

I like Lightingrod's suggestion, Make him bleed!

How dare he leave--Wait a minute how'd you agree to the friends bit? Did he take a vow of celibacy? Have we slipped into a parallell Woody Allen universe where we can be friends with our ex's spouses while dating their?
    ---Never mind. Let him eat his heart out.

I'd recommend Opium, or another world class Oriental for the heavy artillery, or perhaps Fracas, if you don't want to be too obvious. Yep. Flowerbomb will do.

Cheers,

Mario

P.S. Though addressed to his own male suffering I think the following S.K.classic applies universally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQVFy5HHac
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

get some herrera 212(womens version of course)...my ex girlfriend wore it around me hoping to get my attention...and she did in more ways than one...ha ha....this stuff is seriously sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    my advice is still Eclat L'anvin or something as overused as D&G light blue....or Chanel Chance...the green bottle.
    Thanks for your advice on Eclat L'anvin - haven't tried this one, but will check it out. Not too fond of D&G Light Blue since I know a coworker who bathes in this every day, while I suffocate in my office during our morning meetings. :P I used to think Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche (green bottle) smelled a bit like after shave, but the more I wear it...the more I like it. Thanks for your suggestions.

I think we need Divatologist and her switch! Step back boys! This is 45 year old Mama talking!

Girls will be Girls.

Enjoy the dance. I'm sure her ex can fend for himself as the wafts of Flowerbomb bring him to his knees...
    Last edited by rtamara41; 29th December 2007 at 03:26 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Choose something you like to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I think we need Divatologist and her switch! Step back boys! This is 45 year old Mama talking!
    Girls will be Girls.
    This is 47 year old Papa talking A girl is kind of playing with my open-hearted son, and now I'm on the boys' side
    Otherwise, you are right.

If you really wanna mess with his head, wear Yatagan or Anateus.

Teddius

(just kidding, of course!)
    Last edited by Teddius; 29th December 2007 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddius View Post
    If you really wanna mess with his head, wear Yatagan or Anateus.

Teddius

(just kidding, of course!)
    Actually, not a bad idea - my wife loves Yatagan!

Before I finished this post, my wife decided to spritz on Antaeus. She had never tried it before but has told me not to turn my back on it or it will also disappear!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    This is 47 year old Papa talking A girl is kind of playing with my open-hearted son, and now I'm on the boys' side
    Otherwise, you are right.
    ouch, sorry Papa!
    I guess I am assuming that Bashful's intentions are basically benign, there's nothing wrong in wanting to impress an ex, and I didn't get the impression that she is "leading him on." Or being hurtful.

Best wishes to you and your son. I have two of my own....

Now can someone tell me what I can wear to impress the gay boy (now man) that broke my heart twenty years ago when I see him next????

bashful_in_newyork: Although your post is fragrance related, with all those minor details you've thrown into your story, don't you think it'd be worth telling us if you were joking or not? Personally, it sounded like you were serious. If so, maybe filling in some of the gaps would help (like why you two broke up) as you've already given us half of the information. As for making him sorry, why? You are friends after all! Not all sexual relationships end this civilised, so consider yourself fortunate (if it's at all possible). Also, why do you want to make him feel sorry if you have no intention of getting back with him? If it's because he really hurt you, why are you friends with him? It's all rather confusing dear...

As for what to wear, just wear what the f*** you like! If he wants to get back with you, it won't make any bloody difference. If he wants to briefly revisit the depths of your loins, the scent you'll be wearing won't make a blind bit of difference either.

So... What's the point of this thread?!
    Last edited by Trebor; 29th December 2007 at 11:43 PM.

I've deleted eight posts on this thread that were involved with personal attacks and back and forth banter after it. Some of the posts were flaming.

You've got comments for members that are personal take them to PM messages. It isn't the business of the board and the membership. Send reflections on morality, spelling, and other jabs, subtle and not subtle, by PM. That stuff is personal and not for the public forums.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

i would %$@! any girl wearing that paris hilton one in the purple long bottle (dont know the name)

Wow I'm amazed at the drama in this thread over your (IMO) quite clear, benign, playfully-vengeful intentions.

What-the-fudge? You claim to be a fragrance fanatic with only 10 or so frags?! Just kidding - a little. Anyway, I'm not familiar with any of your frags so I'll agree with the Flowerbomb because of others' recommending it and the kewl name

Might I suggest you not go overboard on the application so as not to be obvious in your intent.

I...but part of me can't help but think of what fragrance to wear, so that he'll be sorry that he ever decided to just be "friends"
    Vulva.

smellmeand.com
    Last edited by comsatzinger; 30th December 2007 at 02:13 AM.

Cool Re: Any ideas on a female scent that I should wear around my ex?

I plan on seeing my ex, after a while of just talking and e-mailing as "friends". He's actually going to be nice enough to fix my computer next week...but part of me can't help but think of what fragrance to wear, so that he'll be sorry that he ever decided to just be "friends". When we were together, I wore JPG Classique EDT, RL Ralph and Hanae Mori...none of which he ever commented on. I haven't worn anything else around him, since I was not nearly a fragrance addict as I currently am. We still are good friends and I don't plan on getting back into that drama, but I guess it's just an ego thing. Am I bad?? Plus, he always smells amazing in Polo Black, so I think it's also a competition thing. Just wanted your suggestions, gentlemen.

Thanks so much!!

No, Bashful you're not being bad; unless I somehow missed the part about how he was married to a girl you didn't like and so you decided to destroy their lives even though you didn't care for him at all, while you laughed maniacally---Jeez! I don't know whether to feel sorrier for you or DustB who had to delete, What? 8 personal attacks??

Wow.

Sounds as if you're a bit hurt, a bit vain, and indulging in a bit of wishful thinking.

( Naturally being The Living Buddha I find it hard to relate, as I've never made a fool of myself over love. )

Bad? Bashful, If that's bad you're a disgrace to the forces of evil.

Is " The Blue Angel " with Marlene Dietrich available in DVD? Now THAT's bad. A great film which I suggest you may want to watch for comparative purposes, besides it's (deservedly) a classic.

Be forewarned though, that you may want to buy vast quantities of Bandit ( No!) or Tabac Blond ( Yes!) afterwards: Two of Marlene's favorites.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Just revisited this thread after a quick look earlier today. If this is what is still up after Chris did a clean up, I’m glad I missed the middle.

May I suggest that you may be overthinking this? You wouldn’t be the first gal to try to send a highly nuanced message to someone who might well not get the subtext you intended. Maybe you had best pick whatever makes YOU feel the most strong, confident and independent. Seeing an ex can be stressful for anyone.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

so that he'll be sorry that he ever decided to just be "friends".
    Yeah.

.....enters thread with switch in hand. Turns and flips hair.

Did somebody call me!?

You know I came in here yesterday and was trying to stay out of this but y'all have just taken it too far. The only thing BIN asked you for was the suggestions on a scent that you like on women. That is all she asked you for.

Y'all come running up in here having flash backs of hearts being broken and feelings being drug through the mud by those in the past. You gonna come up in here like after that girl broke your heart you wasn't hoping you would see her tail on the street when you was with your new and improved Boo. Please OK. Don't bring your emotions into to this thread. Bring your suggestions like the lady asked you.

BIN's intentions are just that hers. If you don't like it, then go somewhere and talk about why your cologne don't last or what Creed you are acting like you getting this week. That's a woman's thang Honey.
    We will always want to look our best whether it's the 1st date or the....yeah how ya like me now lookin as good as I want to look after break-up encounter.

....puts hand on hip and points with that switch, then gets that neck action going

Let me tell you something. When I step out the door, I make sure that I am at my best. That's not to get back at anyone. That's just the way I do it. When and ex see's me, you better believe he is sorry for letting me go. Whoever he is with can't touch me in nothing OK. That's not on the get back Boo Boo. That's just the way it is. Now, BIN is going to take those suggestions from those who were able to follow directions and go try them. She is gonna put on her perfume that she picked out and she is gonna get dressed. She's gonna thank him for fixing her computer and then he's gonna go on about his business.

BIN go head on Boo and do your thang. You walk it out Boo. They can't stop you from being you. Now, take those suggestions that I gave you and try them out as well. Don't worry bout the haters, don't worry bout the haters. Divatologist gots you!! OK!!

Tell them just like Mama told you.....

You do you, and I do FABULOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

Girls will be Girls.

Enjoy the dance. I'm sure her ex can fend for himself as the wafts of Flowerbomb bring him to his knees...
    Last edited by Divatologist; 30th December 2007 at 12:39 PM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Ahahaha, that's one of the funnier things I've read here. By the way, way to completely ignore the mod's orders. Ya'll should think before acting.

now THAT'S what I'm talking about,
    thanks, sis.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post

Did somebody call me!?

You know I came in here yesterday and was trying to stay out of this but y'all have just taken it too far. The only thing BIN asked you for was the suggestions on a scent that you like on women. That is all she asked you for.

Y'all come running up in here having flash backs of hearts being broken and feelings being drug through the mud by those in the past. You gonna come up in here like after that girl broke your heart you wasn't hoping you would see her tail on the street when you was with your new and improved Boo. Please OK. Don't bring your emotions into to this thread. Bring your suggestions like the lady asked you.

BIN's intentions are just that hers. If you don't like it, then go somewhere and talk about why your cologne don't last or what Creed you are acting like you getting this week. That's a woman's thang Honey.
    We will always want to look our best whether it's the 1st date or the....yeah how ya like me now lookin as good as I want to look after break-up encounter.

....puts hand on hip and points with that switch, then gets that neck action going

Let me tell you something. When I step out the door, I make sure that I am at my best. That's not to get back at anyone. That's just the way I do it. When and ex see's me, you better believe he is sorry for letting me go. Whoever he is with can't touch me in nothing OK. That's not on the get back Boo Boo. That's just the way it is. Now, BIN is going to take those suggestions from those who were able to follow directions and go try them. She is gonna put on her perfume that she picked out and she is gonna get dressed. She's gonna thank him for fixing her computer and then he's gonna go on about his business.

BIN go head on Boo and do your thang. You walk it out Boo. They can't stop you from being you. Now, take those suggestions that I gave you and try them out as well. Don't worry bout the haters, don't worry bout the haters. Divatologist gots you!! OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post

Did somebody call me!?

I must be going blind. I was SURE I hit the Male Fragrance Discussion link.

bashful_in_newyork,

I just want to say that you have handled yourself with grace, composure, dignity and a touch of self-deprecating humor throughout this entire episode.

Kudos to you!

Please let us know what you decide to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    bashful_in_newyork,

I just want to say that you have handled yourself with grace, composure, dignity and a touch of self-deprecating humor throughout this entire episode.

Kudos to you!

Please let us know what you decide to wear.
    That's a good ending. This thread is done.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.