Code of Conduct

Default Unable to PM other Members. Help!

When I try to PM others for swap, sell, etc. I receive a notice saying that David's box is full and can't receive PM's until it is cleaned out. Well.......I"M David not the person to whom I am sending the PM. I have only 2 saved PM's. And it gives me the same message on everyone I try to contact....
    What to do?
    --------------------------------------
    Chris, I tried to respond to you but continued to get this message: 'david has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.'
    It does not make sense. I don't have more than one stored message, and I still get this warning no matter who I PM.
    What do yout think?
    David
    Last edited by Islandwriter; 28th December 2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You let me be in your dream and I'll let you be in mine...
    Bob Dylan

Default Re: Unable to PM other Members. Help!

David,
    This is supremely confusing. I saw that you were trying to reply and write to me and I was waiting to see if anything could come through. Obviously, that test attempt went no where. There has to be some glitch in things somehow, and I wonder if we can trick things. Does it do anything to delete all the messages in a file, as it recommends? It thinks the files are all filled up, after all. (Jeez, that sounds so stupid for me to write.)

Presently I'm at a loss and I can't think of what else to suggest. Let me look around a bit. You were able to receive and read my message, though, right?
    Sorry about this, we may have to have Grant check it out.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I emptied all folders. Tried to PM you. Got the same damn message. Guess my hope is that the Admin can fix it.
    thanks for all your hellp.
    David
    You let me be in your dream and I'll let you be in mine...
    Bob Dylan

David,
    My apologies again. I've looked through all the corners of the site that I know and everything seems to be in order. Very odd. We'll have Grant look at it.
    I regret the difficulties very much.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hi,
    You probably already did this, but just in case... did you empty your "Sent Items" folder? If you do a lot of PM'ing, this can get full, and I know I don't look at mine very often. When you first go to your Private Messages screen, where it says Inbox you switch to Sent Items.

If it's not that, something's probably funky in the database, and it will go into Grant's queue.

Good luck, D