Code of Conduct

Default Scent of the Year...

What scent did you gravitate to most this year. What was that one, or two, bottles that you just picked up and used time after time througout 2007?

For me, Ambre Sultan, New York, Bois du Portugal and Amerigo Vespucci.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Default Re: Scent of the Year...

The closest thing would be Terre d'Hermes. Maybe once every two weeks...TOO MANY FREAKING CHOICES!

Terre d'Hermes
    Chevalier d'Orsay

can't pick between those two...might piss one of them off. They are my special children.

For time after time, that would have to be Miel de Bois, Noir Epices, Bogart pour Homme and Bois de Portugal.
    Earlier in the year (while I still had the decant), I included Bois d'Ombrie in this list.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 28th December 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

From January through September, it was Mugler Cologne. But then I got Narciso Rodriguez for Him that month, and I've used it constantly ever since (probably at least once every two weeks... often times, once a week).

I haven't been that adddicted to a scent since buying (and finishing up) Terre d'Hermes last year!
    Last edited by MFfan310; 28th December 2007 at 06:36 PM.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Original Vetiver
    The World Is Yor Lobster

I'm another who was smitten by Terre d'Hermes, and I also found myself wearing Romeo Gigli per Uomo quite a bit once I bought it.

I wear all my colognes every day! Back of hand, wrists, two on the arms, knees and ofcourse - the chest.

Lol, just kidding. For everyday counts, I'm gonna have to say XS.

For me it's a close race between Terre d'Hermes and Ambre Sultan...
    And the winner is...
    Ambre Sultan!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I only collect the fragrances. I wear Axe to lay babes.
    Just kidding. It's difficult to say with so many fragrances. I really should keep score. Some definite favorites were Noir Épices, once I got around to it, Il Profumo Vetiver de Java, Dukes of Pall Mall Cotswold, Acqua di Parma Colonia, d'Orsay Arome 3, Creed Selection Verte (thanks hirch) and Orange Spice.
    There were too few ocasions for Ambre Sultan, Royal English Leather & Hammam Bouquet.

Edit: Just checked my SOTD posts. Would seem AdP is the winner, and I forgot Costes
    Last edited by the_good_life; 28th December 2007 at 09:41 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Re: Scent of the Year...

This past year I think I wore Nino Cerruti For Men ( 1979 ) more than ever. It seems it get's better every time I wear it. Never tire of it. I also wore ADP Colonia alot, another I never seem to get tired of.

These are all great ones, btw. It's interesting to see what people tend to gravitate towards. Cheers...
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Definitely Havana...

I recently obtained a small vial of "Yatagan" from the Perfumed Court. At this time, I think it could well be my scent of the year. I think it is wonderful. If I had a full bottle I know I would wear it quite often.

Possibly because I'm odd ,I keep a spreadsheet of what I wear. With a couple of days left the top 4,in terms of times worn over the year,are:

Guerlain Vetiver (2000 variation) - 26
    Guerlain L'instant (EDT) - 25
    Guerlain Heritage (EDT) - 21
    Guerlain Habit Rouge (EDT) - 20

This is unlikely to change,before the new year,I'm enjoying a few samples etc. at the moment. Thats 92 days and evenings wearing just 4 choices

I have vowed to give up the spreadsheet,in the new year,I did,however,say that this time last year.........
    Last edited by Latch35; 29th December 2007 at 07:37 PM.

I threw away everything I bought this year. Nothing worked.

Hard to choose one. These are the three most worn:

Xerius,
    Salvatore Ferragamo,
    Guerlain Vetiver

latch35 - your spreadsheet comment made me laugh.

I'll cast another vote for Terre d'Hermes. I often layer it with either Eau de Merveilles parfum or Elixir de Merveilles.

Teddius

Hard to choose, but I choose Chanel no 5, since it took my by surprise and made me want to wear it day after day.
    Also Jicky, Bandit, Sa Majeste la Rose, and Himalaya
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Talking Re: Scent of the Year...

Creed Milliseme Imperiale.

Mazzolari Mazzolari
    Czech & Speake Cuba
    Balenciaga Pour Homme

I regularly reached for Blenheim Bouquet and Guerlain Vetiver as well, especially in a pinch.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

I think the list for me would be something like this:

1-Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    2-Le Male
    3-Prada Amber Pour Homme
    4-Very Sexy For him 2
    5-Platinum Egoiste

As you know, its impossible to name only one!
    Last edited by msi_21; 31st December 2007 at 11:39 AM.

I used up my bottle of Creed Vanisia rather quickly, I wore it like a uniform from Spring through summer. Perhaps I should buy another bottle, hmm.

My scent of the year is supposed to be for women, but that didn't stop me from buying a big 200ml bottle after I sampled it! It's L'Inspiratrice by Divine (L'Homme sage is also from them).

FM French Lover
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I threw away everything I bought this year. Nothing worked.
    That sounds both sad and refreshing. You get to start all over again with a blank slate.